Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
US$84
US$88
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order breakfastnewer hoteloutlet mallcomplimentary breakfastliving roomnice hotelwalking distancepre cruise stayfront desk staffnew jerseyjersey gardenscruise portdefinitely stay here againcape libertystayed one nightruby tuesdays
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This Embassy Suites property is new with upgraded amenities, very close to the airport and provides 24 hour airport shuttle. The suites are spacious and clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to others traveling to this area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuites N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to complete an on-line review. We realize you have several options when it comes to Lodging and truly appreciate you selecting the Embassy Suites - Newark Airport. Your comments concerning the Hotel have been noted and passed on to our Entire Team. We look forward to serving you again in the not too distant future when travels bring you back to the greater Newark area and as always " Be our Guest".

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The reason my answers were more average than above is because of the hotel ambiance. This hotel really needs music, bar and restaurant open throughout the day, and just an overall air of excitement. It seemed really dead and it should not have been given the newness and the lobby beauty. We checked in at 3 PM and our room was not ready, therefore, had to sit in the lobby with nothing open. No one notified us that the room was ready and had I not gone up to the desk again (while sitting in full view of the desk) we would have never known we could check in. We went to get coffee the next morning and there was no milk or cream until 10 AM.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 767cherylc

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the on-line survey. We realize you have several options when it comes to Lodging and truly appreciate you selecting the Embassy Suites - Newark Airport. Your comments concerning the Hotel have been noted and passed on to our Entire Team. We look forward to serving you again in the not too distant future when travels bring you back to the greater Newark area and as always " Be our Guest".

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Awful food, poor cleanliness, overpriced drinks in bar, not at all up to expectations of an Embassy Suites. I did get a partial refund after complaining but feel I should have gotten both nights free,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandi A
Adrienne T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to complete an on-line review. We realize you have several options when it comes to Lodging and truly appreciate you selecting the Embassy Suites - Newark Airport. Your comments concerning the Hotel have been noted and passed on to our Entire Team. By copy of this correspondence I have directed the Guest Experience Manager to also credit the additional night, my apologies and kindest regards.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is brand new and it is well designed. The only reason I give it less than 5 stars is breakfast is included, but doesn't start until 7am. Most Business travelers stay in an airport hotel for an early morning flight. Not even an apple in the morning. Otherwise it was a very nice comfortable hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
EmbassySuites N, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments regarding your most recent stay with us.

We are so happy to know that we were able to provide you with an excellent stay. We appreciate your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Adrienne Torres
Guest Experienced Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel in July the day before our flight out to Orlando. Last year we saw it being built when we were staying at the hotel next door, so this year was a treat to actually be staying in the "New" hotel, which is only a few months old. The lobby is very art deco and has a lot of natural light. You can immediately figure out that the property is new because everything sparkled and was clean.
The front desk staff was cordial and accommodating which to me is always a plus! Our room on the 8th floor was clean but smaller than other Embassy Suites I've stayed at outside of the airport zone. The bathroom was enormous and very modern, right down to the sink and faucet. I would have preferred a larger bedroom but given the fact that everything was new, I didn't mind. In the main living area was a desk/table that was moveable (on wheels) that I almost lost some items I went to place on it but accidentally moved the table with my leg. I did attempt to look for lock clips on the wheels but didn't see any. The beds were comfortable but the noise was very loud from the planes at Newark that I don't think the windows were soundproof at all.
The next morning we had breakfast in the dining area. Everything was wonderful however the staff moved very slow when we asked them to replenish the silverware. A few business men and my family waited over 5 minutes before they reappeared with clean utensils. Unfortunately by the time she came, my son's and daughter's eggs were cold - so they had to trash them and get another serving that was warmer.
All in all - I would stay at this property again before traveling out of Newark because of the location, convenience, and buffet breakfast that would have cost us $50 easily if we had to eat out. I would have given this property 5 stars but because of the noise factor (which woke me up prior to my alarm going off) and the slow staff response, I have to give it a 4, which still isn't bad.

Room Tip: to minimize some of the airplane noise - I would choose a lower floor room not facing the airport
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are thrilled that you thought our hotel was beautiful and that you enjoyed some of our great amenities such as our Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and our clean and spacious 2 room suites.

Sincerely, Adrienne T.