“Nice modern cozy airport hotel”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hilton Newark Airport – A very nice, clean fairly modern hotel with a good restaurant (Newarker Restaurant) and Amelia’s Lounge. There is also a Starbucks. Best airport shuttle service I’ve experienced yet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Hilton picks up travellers from P4 at Newark airport and takes 10 minutes to drive you to the hotel. Shuttle service was courteous, albeit very bumpy! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and we were checked into a renovated room on the 8th floor. The room was clean and comfortable. We used the hotel pool, which we had to ourselves for an hour. The water was very warm and the pool is a good size. The pool deck was clean and there were ample towels for guests. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the waitress was helpful in choosing wine and lovely in accommodating our vegetarian son. The breakfast buffet is plentiful with lots of choices.

Room Tip: Take the Jersey Gardens shuttle from P4 for a day of outlet shopping. $9 return trip.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank randomhotelinspector
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The woman who checked us in 2/9 around 9:30pm was lovely. My server Angela was one of the friendliest servers I've ever had. Very good service by these two women, BUT...

The service at the breakfast buffet is always horrible. The one or two servers there do very little. It's a buffet and the host (today the position was filled by a gentleman who is usually a server) seats you and asks you your beverage choice. The other two servers mindlessly wander around I guess hoping someone orders from the menu. Last time I was here I ordered a French toast and never received it. No one checks up on you even if you wanted to order something. Last time I had to go to their server station and pour my own beverage. If you try and leave they will chase you down to obtain your breakfast voucher. (Almost everyone at the buffet has one). They used to bring you a check, have you present the voucher, then bring you a 0 balance check. The thing is, they are expecting you to tip. For what?! I got my own food! When people get up to leave, whoever the busser is isn't on top of their job cause the tables sit dirty for a while.

It would provide for a much better experience if the van driver when leaving the hotel didn't leave the shuttle van door closed while loading the guests bags making us stand out in freezing cold 21 degree temperature waiting for everyone's bags to load so he can then go to the drivers side, get in, and open the door. You would think when seeing a woman in heels and a dress freezing, that would be the considerate thing to do. And then to make matters worse, he tossed the bags into the shuttle upside down, wrong side up. These were small carry-on bags so nothing that he couldn't have handled properly. I kept my shoulder bag but gave him my lunch bag and roll-a-board. So nice to have my cupcakes all tossed around.

• Stayed: February 2014
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear AirFairy -

Thank you for taking some time to share your recent experience. I will be sure to share your kind words with Angela. She is such a genuinely nice person, and I am pleased to hear you had the opportunity to meet her during your stay.

I am so sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience at breakfast. I have already shared your comments with the team, as I do with all comments we receive in order to help us identify areas of opportunity and to improve upon them. It sounds like we had an off day, and I am confident that your experience will be more positive during your next visit.

As for the shuttle, please accept my apologies. We will make it right. Please contact me directly should you wish to discuss in greater detail.

Should your travels bring you back to the Newark area, please do give us another chance. I assure you I will address these areas of opportunity in time to offer you a top notch visit next time.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I travelled around America for my 21st birthday so flew to Newark on my own to start my adventures, I had a lovely room with a huge bed. I went downstairs to the bar to have a drink and also buy some sweets from the gift shop, the staff at the desk were very friendly and I told them it was my birthday. Around 20 minutes after returning to my room I had a knock on the door, with two staff members singing happy birthday to me with a slice of cake with a candle in and a bottle of water. It was extremely kind and gave the start to my travelling a great start!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2014

As I explained in my feedback to Hilton, my overall experience at this hotel was plagued by problems. The root cause of which was the general attitude of all their employees to not care. From the first room I was assigned having a messy bed and dirty drinking glasses laying around when I arrived, to room service taking almost an hour to call me back and having no food to serve, to getting trapped in their parkade due to faulty meters. I travel a lot for business and this was now ranked my worst hotel stay yet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Gregory -

I want to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the series of unfortunate and unforgivable mishaps that took place over the course of your recent stay. While I understand that we dropped the ball from start to finish, and our failures were inexcusable, they are in no way a representation of the service culture we are actively building here at Hilton Newark Airport. I have also reached out to you directly in order to resolve some of the issues you experienced.

Unfortunately there were a variety of factors that contributed to the several shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We take full responsibility, but hope to speak to you directly in the near future in order to remedy what was clearly a failure from start to finish.

Rest assured, we value all feedback we receive, both positive and negative. Feedback like yours is one of many tools we use to gain the perspective of our guests, and we use this feedback in a variety of training programs we run here at the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We would love to have you back the next time your travels bring you to the area to prove that your recent experience was more of an aberration than the norm.

(908) 820-2919

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member and only write these reviews when I want to recognize good service.

We stayed one night on Jan 23rd before catching a flight early in the AM. The room was very well kept and the service was very good. We have stayed there in the past and will be back because the staff is very helpful.

Due to the snow and bad weather we have had on the east coast getting in and out of the parking lot with bags was difficult. That is until Anreas G at the front desk took are of the situation for us. Thanks.

The only issue is the breakfast staff. They are supposed to be open at 6:00 am. They do not open the restaurant until about 6:15 am. They offer other options but I wanted a full breakfast before my very long flight.

Jeff J

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Jeff -

Thank you for taking some time to share your recent experience with us. We love hearing feedback, and it is particularly exciting to hear about one of our team members taking such great care of you.

I want to personally apologize for your breakfast experience. We are committed to opening breakfast at 6:00AM sharp, in order to better accommodate the needs of some of our guests who happen to be traveling during the early morning hours. Obviously we failed to deliver on this day. I will be sure to share with our team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback. Hilton Honors Diamond members offer a valuable, unique perspective into how well we deliver on our customer service promises, and I am pleased to hear that you will be back with us again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

wee used this hotel for an early flight out of Newark airport and it did not disappoint! Clean, reasonable, and convenient. Our car was in a covered garage for 6 days included with the price of the room. Must be booked that way to take advantage of parking deal

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
2 mi away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!