“Good location at a good price”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 5 nights while on a business trip. The hotel is located in a good spot that makes it easy to travel to and from around New Jersey.
Staff are friendly and the rooms are what you would expect from a good Hilton. clean and functional.
bottom line a very good hotel near the airport, not too far from Jersey City and even Manhattan and also allows close acces to some great shopping at the Jersey Gardens mall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Ohad G -

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am pleased to hear that our team treated well during your stay. Five consecutive nights on a business trip can be grueling, but it is great to hear you found some of the many things to do in and around the Hilton Newark Airport. Our location is great for a quick layover, or for longer stays like yours, due to our proximity to local shopping, restaurants, and New York City.

Thank you for sharing. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again!

Take care,

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,798)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have recently stayed at several Hiltons that were run down and had awful food in the restaurant. i am please to report this Hilton has been redone (at least my room was) and it had a new delicious menu in the bar. I have tried several hotels for overnighting at Newark and this one is the best - best bed, best food and best price.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled or refurnished room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff B
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Greetings Jeff B -

Thank you for the kind words and the candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have had some less than stellar experiences at some other Hilton products. We have a great team here in Newark that is hospitality driven, and I am pleased to hear we delivered on our service promise.

As I am sure you are aware, the Newark hotel market is quite competitive. We need to go above and beyond to stay on top, and between our newly renovated rooms, our lively restaurant and bar, and Chef Iturbe delivering a memorable culinary experience, we are off to a great start.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Newark Airport. Please feel free to contact me directly should need anything at all during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We needed to check in late Saturday night and needed 3 rooms. We had no reservations and walked in to the lobby to see if they had rooms available. The front desk staff bent over backwards to get us the rooms we needed at the advertised rate. They made sure we had internet access, free parking and gave each of us a bottle of water (a nice touch).

We found the hotel to be very neat and clean, the beds were very comfortable and there was absolutely no airport noise. The kids in our party used the pool and had a good time and the room service was spot on.

This was a great experience overall and I'm glad we "stumbled" on this place last minute. If I find myself back in the Newark Airport area again, I would DEFINATELY stay here again.

Thank you to all the staff and management for making this such a great experience for us.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors, they have all been remodeled.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AriS938

Dear AriS938 -

I am not sure what caused you to stumble upon the Hilton Newark Airport, but I am glad you did! It is so nice to hear that our front desk team took great care of you, and even gave you a little extra to take special care of your group.

Next time you are in the area, plan ahead, contact me directly, and we will make sure to make your next stay even better than your last!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

For a Hilton property that deals with many clients in the Aviation business, I was very disappointed with the customer service.
The employees at the front desk transferred me to about 3 separate people who kept answering, putting me right back on hold for 20 minutes only to finally get through to a manager who would not cancel my reservation after I was told that there should be no problem canceling it.
Working at a company that books %90 of their reservations through Hilton properties - I was very disappointed of their service and lack of accommodations for pilots whose flight got delayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ekanter -

Thank you for taking some time to share. Please contact me directly so we may address your cancellation issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have no doubt that once we connect, I will be able to make this right.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the bathroom. The bathroom had a strong urine smell. Additionally, I found stray hairs on the toilet. Lucky, I carry my Lysol wipes to clean the toilet. This is an older hotel. I think it is due for an upgrade, especially the bathrooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Monique S -

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your recent experience. I am disappointed to hear that the bathroom cleanliness fell short of expectations. We take cleanliness issues very seriously. Your candid feedback allow us an opportunity to train our team to improve, and I assure you we will use your experience as a learning opportunity for our housekeeping team.

Thanks again for the feedback. I do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the Newark area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My room in this Newark airport Hilton was updated, spacious, comfortable and incredibly clean. Front desk staff were welcoming and helpful. Nice security measure in the elevator that required hotel key access. Only part needing improvement for me was the airport shuttle service. While the shuttle driver was friendly and helpful, additional shuttles are needed at peak times. I was left behind after the 6am shuttle filled and then barely made it on the next shuttle 20 minutes later due to the mad dash from the other passengers waiting in line. Other airport shuttles have 2 shuttles at peak times and suggest the Newark airport Hilton consider this as the airport shuttle and airport proximity was why I stayed here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 34678Love2travel

Greetings Love2travel -

Thank you for the kind words. We are very lucky here at Hilton Newark Airport, in that we have a team that takes great pride in what they do, and understands the importance of a welcoming smile and a clean room. I am pleased to hear you found both while you were here.

I am sorry to hear about the transportation issues you experienced. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and perfecting our shuttle service is always at the top of our list. We currently have a shuttle leaving the hotel every 20 minutes. In order to execute this, we always have 2 shuttles running. During peak times, we make every effort to provide 3 shuttles, which essentially increases the frequency of shuttle service to every 10 minutes. I regret that in this instance we fell short.

Thanks again for sharing. Should your travels bring you back to the Newark area, I hope you give us another try. I will work with our shuttle team to search for more opportunities for improved service in order to make your next stay perfect!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at your facility a number of times in the past 1.5 years. Harelda and Lily Miranda are wonderful employees with great customer service skills. They make every trip to Newark a first class experience.

I highly recommend seeing both women when you're there. They will make you want to come back...

John Gallo
Illinois

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Greeting John G -

Wow, thank you for such great feedback! Harelda and Lily do a terrific job for us at the front desk. I for one know how lucky we are to have such a phenomenal team, and I am pleased to hear you have made some friends while staying with us.

Thank you for your loyalty, and for your kind words about our all-star front desk team!

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
2 mi away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!