“Reasonable choice by Newark Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reasonable choice by Newark Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Friendly reception staff and a nice renovated room. Hallway felt institutional and the lobby somehow felt to me like it lacked character. The shuttle bus at 4:40am filled up and had to leave a couple of folks behind to wait for the next one, and it took longer than I had expected to get to my terminal. The Marriott is closer and more convenient, but I did like the rooms here, and found the staff to be responsive and polite.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are stuck in Newark, this is an okay option. There is a shuttle, but it's not very convenient. It's only a few minutes away from Newark by taxi. This is one of the lower priced options close to the airport. The staff was pleasant, but the hotel could be cleaner (dishes in the hall, older carpeting).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Copperpenny22_10
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here unexpectedly due to flight problems and an unplanned stop in NJ.

On arrival, after midnight, I could not find the shuttle service at the airport so had to use a ludicrously expensive taxi.

The hotel reception staff were great and very thoughtful and attentive.

Nice room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hollybush_1972
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you need a hotel at the Newark Airport, this Hilton is probably all you need. Staff was pleasant enough, the room comfortable and quiet Everything was new and worked perfectly. The shuttle service runs 24/7, and surprisingly, was full @ 5AM in the morning! Wifi was free at SLOW speed, adequate for email.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Greetings Lawrence2300 -

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Newark Airport while passing through EWR. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and had an opportunity to try out one of our newly renovated rooms.

We hope to see you again next time you are in town. Thanks for sharing!

All the best,

PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hilton Airport was a positive experience for this family of 14 traveling together. Every person on staff extended efforts to make our journey smooth. Hotel was well-furnished and very clean. All-around very positive experience...and reasonable rates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank jmariePA
Dear jmariePA -

Wow! Thanks for the kind words! We are lucky to have a team that understands genuine customer service. When traveling with such a large group, things can get a little hectic. I am excited to hear our team was able to step in to offer a friendly smile and assistance to make your stay comfortable.

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope you visit us again should your travel bring you back to the area!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I made a last minute reservation here and got a great deal. I am a diamond so they upgraded me to a King Deluxe room which was newly renovated and very nice. Bed was comfortable (all the furnishings were). Had cool lighting and a very nice bathroom.

Ate in the Newarker lounge and had great food. Also a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

I would def. stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High room away from freeway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jarod M -

Thank you for being a Hilton Honors Diamond member! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and are particularly pleased when we receive such great feedback from our most loyal guests. I will share your comments with the restaurant team. They will be excited to hear you had a great experience!

Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel staff and management completely ignored my friend and I and served other patrons at the hotel restaurant for no other apparent reason than the fact that we were the only two black people seated at the time. The drinks they offered as an apology contained "floating particles" in them. The toilet broke and no one fixed it when we mentioned it. There was a huge red stain on the floor near the bed. There were very loud guest on our floor as well. Overall terrible experience, and I will never stay at another Hilton. Especially this one.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank ericac707
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear ericac707 -

I am sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with us over the past weekend. While I understand that some of what you experienced may have been frustrating, I assure you that it was nothing more than a lapse in service. We employ a team of diverse service professionals, from a variety of different cultures, countries, and backgrounds. As a hotel, we open our doors to all cultures, countries, and backgrounds, relying on their patronage and loyalty to help keep us going. I sincerely apologize if your experience at our bar made you feel otherwise.

I have done some research, and I wanted to clarify that the "floating particles" you mentioned in your cocktails were actually part of the white peach puree, an ingredient in your order. Instead of using syrups like some establishments, we make everything in house, using fresh, organic and local ingredients whenever possible. I was pleased to hear that our restaurant manager identified that the service you had received was not to the standard we expect, and took the initiative to offer your cocktails complimentary, as well as deliver an additional complimentary round to your room as a gesture of good will. While I know this does not make up for the first impression, it is encouraging to know your concerns were addressed.

As for your guest room experience, there is no excuse. The toilet should have been fixed immediately, and I will share your comments with our engineering team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we take all feedback very seriously, especially when suggesting something as severe as yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to share anything further about your stay with us. While I know this stay was less than satisfactory, I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

adam.heffron@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!