“Long wait for Airport Shuttle, nice rooms, no restaurants nearby”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good hotel right next to Newark airport. The room and amenities were fine. No restaurants within walking distance so I had to eat at their bar/restaurant. Limited menu, the first thing the bar tender said to me was "happy hour is over". I didn't even ask about happy hour, I just wanted to get something to eat. Location was good because I had an early flight but next time I might try another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Newark Airport

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I often stay at this hotel before an early flight out of Newark.

It's a good choice as long as you allow time to get there. Getting the hotel shuttle from the airport is not a great experience, with at least a 15 minute gap between buses. The waiting area for hotel shuttles is grim.

Once at the hotel, it's friendly, clean and comfortable. The restaurant is OK to good.

There is no executive lounge at the hotel - an omission!

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors - they are refurbished. Avoid being by the elevators or ice machines
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First, you need to realize that this is an airport hotel. The view is the airport and everything associated with an airport, so you need to be prepared for that.

When you get to the airport, you will need to take the tram to the station where the shuttles pick you up. It was about a 15 minute wait, I think they advertise shuttles every 20 minutes.

We were put on a renovated floor, which still wouldn't compare well against a 5 star hotel, but it wasn't too bad. Rooms were quiet, bed wasn't too bad, all in all a clean, functional place to spend a night or so in transit.

If we were to end there, I would give the hotel an average rating, but I gave it a bump because of the service. We needed a cab for a couple of trips, and they have a local car service based in the hotel. The gentleman (Joe) was extremely helpful and really helped us get around.

We also grabbed some food in the hotel bar our last night, and the service was great. They stopped by frequently to check on us, and genuinely seemed to care about us, not something you see everywhere.

I'd definitely stay there again on my way through the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank phildude
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff provides just basic service for diamond members, not what I was expecting after traveling to most of the Hilton ' in the USA. The restaurant don't have a good menu, and the staff really need to do a better job when servicing b/c I had to ask for everything, it was quite annoying. If you are looking for great or even good quality service please do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Our church visited NJ 7/25-7/28. From the moment you drive up, the attention to detail is noted. The bell hops are quick, decisive. Their presentation was the same every day of our stay... Smiles with courteous "Hello's". An elderly member required a wheelchair & one was provided immediately for use throughout the weekend. The one issue we had was quickly abated by the mgr on duty, Amanda. She exceeded our requests without question. Our group was very grateful for her assistance to insure all of our needs were met. The restaurant was nominal to Hilton for dinner. There is also a delicious hot, breakfast buffet ($19.99 but worth it for the convenience) as well as an al a carte menu. Be sure to request an omelet if you choose the buffet. It's prepared fresh from the kitchen. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, stain-free tubs!!. $$ for parking & fridges w/o prior notice. Helpful staff. Easy access from the NJ Turnpike. Our church will be utilizing this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I come to hotel to check in. The staff (Jennifer)was giving me hard time, so i have to wait half hour before check in. My friends(she does not know my room number) call front desk (Jennifer answer the phone ) to try to reach me, Jennifer would not transfer the phone to me....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was excellent, and the price was just perfect (early reservation - $85 plust tax per night). There is an airport shuttle service to and from Newark airport which is very convenient and fast. If you are a conscious spender, the restaurant in the hotel is a little expensive, so I would recommend you eat out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!