“Stay at Hilton Hotels” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
“Stay at Hilton Hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at three different Hilton hotels during this trip. All had great customer service and made me feel welcome at each hotel. Quick response to requests made and the staff went over and above the call of duty to make sure our needs were met in a timely manner

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel receives a failing grade because of a terrible customer service experience upon my arrival after a delayed flight. My flight arrived in the early hours, and I attempted to check in at the Hilton at 5am. The desk clerk took my ID and credit card, saw my confirmed reservation and then proceeded to type, and shuffle papers, and make phone calls, and answer phone calls, and shuffle more papers, and type, and answer more calls, and type, while I stood there for over 25 minutes. My stay at the hilton would be less than 3 hours as I needed to be in Manhattan at 10am. The clerk finally handed me a key and upon arrival at the room - I discovered that the room was occupied. If you've been in that situation, you know that's the worst possible hotel check in experience. When I returned to the front desk, the whole process began again. After another 20 minute delay, I finally received a room. Almost an hour after my initial arrival. The hotel comped me the room because I refused to pay. It could be a perfectly nice property, but my experience was awful and I won't return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank westwilshire
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2015
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very nice, especially for the price. Large clean rooms. Easy parking and very affordable for a NY area hotel. Lively lobby bar. Typically superior Hilton service. The only negative is getting there. If you are driving make sure you have good directions. This location defeated my smart phone GPS and a Garmen! I could see the hotel for 20 minutes but with all the one way ramps and expressways it was very difficult to access the expressway feeder road this hotel is actually on.
Now that I know how to get here, I will stay here again.

Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very tight space, beds are double, not suitable for family trip. House keeping not satisfactory, noisy and crowded. Breakfast coupon strickly for 2 person only. This hotel isn't recommended for any family trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Good shuttle service from P4. Top floors refurbished, quiet and comfortable although the rather dark decor was too somber for my taste. Snacks and breakfast items sold in lobby but a complementary breakfast would be nice!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not really up to the common standard for hilton, very tired . Staff perfectly fine although it's not great, if you can get a decent rate online, it's an ok stop over. Shuttle wasn't big enough on both journeys to the airport so I had to get a cab. Try that at 4am in the middle of nowhere New Jersey

Belfast, N.Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Although close to Newark airport, I think there may be better options also close by. When you book Hilton, you expect a certain standard. This was certainly missing here. When I checked in due to my member status, I was upgraded which was great. The upgraded room however was very old and dated and needs a lot of work to it. It actually felt dirty and had a bit of a smell to it. I dread to think what the room would have been like if I had not have been upgraded. Don't think I will use this hotel again when I need an overnight at Newark airport.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!