“surprising”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
falmouth, maine
“surprising”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

wow, not sure if the prior review stayed at the same hotel as me.
I just stayed there for one night SAturday aug 23 for a conference. Unassuming slab type of building in Elizabeth, you don't go there unless its business or a conference or you need the airport.
Nice lobby, attentive people, well laid out. Surface lot parking.
I didnt use any of the restaurant facilities.
The hallways and carpet were a bit dated but clean, but the room was lights out gorgeous. Clean as could be, very modern, loads of outlets, good A/C, great mattress, nice flooring and furnishings, plenty of hot water. Smelled great, looked great. it was $129 a night for a king. I've stayed in a lot worse for a lot more. Conference facilities were standard issue, nothing to get excited. I'd stay there anytime. Quiet, efficient, modern.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Wow, this hotel needs some TLC. Was suppose to stay at the Penn Station Hilton but mistakenly got on this shuttle. Thankfully since it was 12:45 a.m. they allowed us to stay here but won't make that mistake again. The carpet and hallways are just horrible, dirty and old. The lobby looks like Vegas in the 80's with black columns and gold railings. The rooms however are redone and not too bad but the bathroom floor was sticky and the shower did not drain, up to your ankles in water taking a shower. Lots of other options out there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2015
Dear Kirin -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We are taking your comments into consideration as we take the steps necessary to make it right for you and our future guests. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It was a nice stay at this hotel, comfortable clean, nice food & courteous service.Well worth a visit.
However travelers be careful when handling the Minibar, unless you are using the stuff in it, DO NOT TOUCH any of the stuff as its all computerized,& it gets billed so it can be a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at three different Hilton hotels during this trip. All had great customer service and made me feel welcome at each hotel. Quick response to requests made and the staff went over and above the call of duty to make sure our needs were met in a timely manner

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel receives a failing grade because of a terrible customer service experience upon my arrival after a delayed flight. My flight arrived in the early hours, and I attempted to check in at the Hilton at 5am. The desk clerk took my ID and credit card, saw my confirmed reservation and then proceeded to type, and shuffle papers, and make phone calls, and answer phone calls, and shuffle more papers, and type, and answer more calls, and type, while I stood there for over 25 minutes. My stay at the hilton would be less than 3 hours as I needed to be in Manhattan at 10am. The clerk finally handed me a key and upon arrival at the room - I discovered that the room was occupied. If you've been in that situation, you know that's the worst possible hotel check in experience. When I returned to the front desk, the whole process began again. After another 20 minute delay, I finally received a room. Almost an hour after my initial arrival. The hotel comped me the room because I refused to pay. It could be a perfectly nice property, but my experience was awful and I won't return.

1 Thank westwilshire
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very nice, especially for the price. Large clean rooms. Easy parking and very affordable for a NY area hotel. Lively lobby bar. Typically superior Hilton service. The only negative is getting there. If you are driving make sure you have good directions. This location defeated my smart phone GPS and a Garmen! I could see the hotel for 20 minutes but with all the one way ramps and expressways it was very difficult to access the expressway feeder road this hotel is actually on.
Now that I know how to get here, I will stay here again.

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very tight space, beds are double, not suitable for family trip. House keeping not satisfactory, noisy and crowded. Breakfast coupon strickly for 2 person only. This hotel isn't recommended for any family trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!