“Great Hotel”

Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a great trip. Traveling on business, hilton honors were recognized upon my arrival, Room was fairly clean, comfortable as well.. Bonus. I'd recommend Hampton/Hilton anytime you're looking for a pleasant travel. This place was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here several times before. Rooms are quiet and clean. Minor problems with air conditioner. Breakfast at Hampton Inns are all the same. This was no different. Hotel shuttle was prompt. Driver was informative. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I were trying to decide whether or not to make the hike to Newark the night prior to our trip or the morning of. Our decision was based on parking and convenience. We could have purchased parking at a nearby lot for $84 for a 7 night stay. We called the front desk at the hotel after seeing the price of the hotel was $110 per night. We specifically asked if parking was included in our stay and that we would be away for 7 days. They said yes. This didn't seem out of the ordinary to me because I fly frequently and that is how the hotel I stay at in Philadelphia handles parking. We were told to ask for a parking flag upon arrival for while we were away. Upon arrival we requested the parking flag only to find there was an additional $15 per night fee for parking. After a long drive and calling before hand I was furious. I said that no one informed us of the fee prior to our booking the hotel or we would have just come up in the morning. They told us since we booked through hotels.com the park and stay package (or whatever it was called) was not available. I asked what they could do to make this okay since they lied to us on the phone. They kept asking who we spoke to. I'm not sure about you fellow tripadvisors but I don't make a habit of asking for the name of every person I speak to. I'm not a fan of starting my trips by being lied to and cheated out of money. If you want to avoid that crap please stay elsewhere. Rude staff. Unbelievable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just stayed 8 nights at the Hampton Inn-Newark Airport in Elizabeth, NJ and had a very wonderful visit. This was an older Hampton Inn but was still up to par due to management & staff, who were all very friendly and helpful. Our plan was to stay here, drive to Newark Penn Station, and take the train to New York City attractions everyday, I guess we were "commuter tourists..."
The Hampton’s generous complimentary hot breakfast gave us the nourishment needed to trek throughout all of Manhattan; and at the end of a long day of walking and sightseeing, we were welcomed back with a clean and tidy room, and very comfortable beds. And the flawless WI-FI allowed us to check emails and train schedules for the next day.

Room Tip: The roads around the hotel are a little confusing, so a GPS is almost a necessity to get to the &quo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertY154
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel after taking a look at the negative reviews. It appears that the hotel has gone through renovations and re-trained/replaced staff members since the publishing of the less than stellar reviews. We (2 adults,1 child) stayed in room 333 from 5/30-6/2/14. The room and its bathroom were clean. The king sized bed was comfortable. The sofabed was very convenient. The continental breakfast was a bonus. Most of the time, "continental breakfast" equates to dry cereal and donuts. The breakfast at the Hampton Inn had the requisite cereal and donuts plus the option to make your own waffles, eggs and sausage, muffins, oatmeal, and various juices and fruit. We saved the money and time of having to look for somewhere to eat in the mornings. The hotel is located on US 1&9 across the way from EWR, which is convenient for travellers who need to stay in the area. Overall, the cleanliness and convenience make this hotel win.
Highlights: no creepy crawlers, no mustiness or any bad odors, no scary bathrooms, quiet

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff at this hotel, from Ramon the hotel shuttle driver to the front desk to cleaners to the staff manning the breakfast area, were all friendly and customer service oriented. I was impressed with the staff attitude and it really made the stay pleasant...having been in 5 hotels (including others in the Hilton chain, most recently the Doubletree in manhattan) in the past week I can say Hampton Inn Newark is head and shoulders above the others in customer service.

The continental breakfast served was excellent. Lots of hot and cold choices, and while the area was crowded, the staff were efficient and kept all the food items well stocked.

Rooms were fine except the handicap access design of the bathrooms meant that water from the shower spread over the entire bathroom. I understand the need for wheelchair access and am not sure if all the bathrooms were configured this way.

Overall this was a great place to stay and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked a room and stayed part of the night at the Hampton Inn while waiting to catch our flight at 2.00am. The room was large and very clean. The beds were comfortable, very clean, the top quilt is washed daily and the pillows did not smell. The room was equiped with a coffee maker, and microwave. The hotel supplied complimentary coffee at the reception was a pleasant surprise. After hearing good reviews about the breakfast it was unfortunate we missed out because of our midnight check out. The shuttle from the airport was difficult to find but the airport staff was friendly and helpful. Check in at the Hampton Inn was quick and the staff including housekeeping and the shuttle driver was friendly. After staying at many 'dodgy' hotels it was a pleasure to end our holiday at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!