“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in, in the US.”

Airport Hotel Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in, in the US.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm not joking about the title of the review. I don't think I've ever stayed in a worse place. I took a group of 22, so I had 6 rooms. ALL of them were bad. Two rooms had to be reassigned because AC wasn't working in the first ones. Wallpaper falling off the walls. Tiles broken. Stains on the floors. Sinks not draining. Broken shower curtains. Rooms with odors. This place has it all. After being the Dominican Republic for a week, under more primitive conditions, I didn't even take a shower at this place. Decided to wait until we reached our final destination.

Although I didn't feel like we were in danger (some of the ladies in our group did), the place certainly doesn't make you feel comfortable.

The people who checked us in were very nice and were helpful with the room reassignments (the lobby was very small, hot and had a bad odor). The van drivers were surely and rude - one asking me for a tip when he didn't even touch my bag in or out of the shuttle van. Another giving our ladies a harsh look when they screamed as he barely avoided slammed into another vehicle.

It's very convenient to EWR, but that is the ONLY thing this place has going for it.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank thelowe8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We were kind of desperate, we arrived late at Newark Airport and all hotels were full except this one. The motel is a dump. Rooms in such terrible state we were happy we arrived after midnight. Stains everywhere on walls, ceiling etc. Just horrifying bad. I can not understand that it can be called a Days In... The experience reminds me of backpacking in India 25 years ago.. Just avoid this dump, sleep on a bench at the airport!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R_Sweden
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for one night. Motel is very old and dated and definitely not worth the extortionate price we paid. Walls and ceiling were stained.
Staff seems ok and friendly enough.
Bed was ok.
I wouldn't stay there again though. It didn't feel very safe.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Julien T
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in November on a layover. The hotel itself was not the prettiest, but overall it wasn't bad.

The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and polite. The shuttle bus driver was also very nice and he was very funny. Made me laugh the whole way.

For me it's all about the service....I definitely got good service at this hotel.

The room was clean and well kept. I didn't like having to walk through the alleys to get to my room. It was dark and I was alone in what seemed to be a sketchy neighborhood.

The price was right and I felt I got a great deal for this hotel. If on a layover again, I would stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Airport Hotel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Hotel Inn and Suites

Property: Airport Hotel Inn and Suites
Address: 853 Spring St. (US 1 & 9), Elizabeth, NJ 07201-2101 (Formerly Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport)
Region: United States > New Jersey > Elizabeth
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Airport Hotel Inn and Suites 2.5*
Located just off I-95 in Elizabeth, NJ, the Airport Hotel is the premier place for guests to stay on their venture into New York and New Jersey. Guests will find getting to and from Newark International Airport is easy with our 24hr complimentary airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. Conveniently located just four miles away from the "city that never sleeps," the hotel offers easy access to famous New York City attractions like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park and the Empire State Building. UMDNJ, the Newark Museum and Jersey Gardens Mall. Downtown New York City is 20 minutes from our Newark hotel. Times Square, Central Park and the Met are less than a half-hour away from Elizabeth, NJ. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Airport Hotel Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Newark International Airport Hotel Elizabeth