Motel 6 Elizabeth - Newark Liberty Intl Airport
US$189
US$163
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel quality is very far compared to the Days Inn Hotels they have in the west coast and mid west. It is filthy and smelly, I chose this hotel on the expectation it is under the Wyndham group which I am a member and a regular guest. Thought, it will be refreshed and nice. But it was the opposite. The check in process was a breeze because I already booked ahead. This hotel is also next to a sports bar. So I guess there are a lot of drunk people check in here as I can hear people yelling outside at 1:00am in the morning. Next time I will pay a little more $$ and hopefully I get a better hotel. The hotel rate was not cheap neither.

Room Tip: If you get wasted next door, you can stay in this hotel to avoid a DUI.
1  Thank BenjaminV587
Reviewed 7 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 6 July 2014

One of the worst hotels I have ever seen. When we took a van to the airport, the van was dirty, and the driver didn't help us with one bag. Room smelt very bad and there were bags of trash on the one sofa,(surprised there was even a sofa) and there was sticky stuff all over the floor. Stains on the bathtub, and service was terrible. The front desk wasn't coordinated at all. We set up a deal with one of the receptionists to pay extra per hour to leave at a different time, and they said they would leave a note on a system about the situation. The person at the front desk claimed that there was no note, and we had to work it out with him. Room service bugged us once over the phone, and was very annoying. I know that this probably won't be seen by anyone, because the previous reviews show that nothing has changed.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Don't go on forth of July weekend, as it is packed and nisy, which adds to my already bad experience.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The only reason we stayed at this hotel was because our flight was cancelled in the middle of the night. After calling another hotel which was full, operator of a related hotel chain stated this Days Inn had a room and a shuttle from/to the airport. At that hour of the night I did not take the time to research options, so took the offer of a room over the phone. Wow, this was the worst decision of our vacation. On the positive side, the beds served their purpose. Also, did not see any bugs in the room (I really expected to, so not seeing any was a pleasant surprise). We didn't have our luggage with us and so the shampoo, soap, and sample pack of toothpaste in the room were appreciated. That's about all I can say that was good about this place. The photos they show on reservation booking sites are VERY misleading. This place is dirty, run-down, creepy, over-priced, disgusting.... did I mention creepy? Yes. Ok.

When we were checking in there were two families in the lobby demanding their money back. Both were complaining of issues with the bathrooms in their rooms. One said bathroom was flooded and smelled like sewer, one said the shower was dirty with hair and scum, and looked as if it hadn't been washed for a very long time. Both families stated they would rather go back to the airport to spend the night rather than stay at this motel.

If you have any other option, go somewhere else! Pay more to stay somewhere else! The "Days Inn" name is tainted by this poor excuse for a motel. Just gross.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The place is completely run down. Straight up disgusting! AC so loud it kept me up all night. Bed old and uncomfortable. small TV with few stations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo