“A good one night stay, if you are using the airport.”

Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Atlanta, Georgia
“A good one night stay, if you are using the airport.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I checked in waiting for a flight the next day and my travel agency had messed up the reservation. The front desk staff was quick to fix it and were extremely pleasant and helpful. I had dinner at the bar and the med salad was excellent and huge. I don't like measured alcohol as I feel the establishment is try to be cheap. Bar staff was pleasant but untrained, I had to tell them what gin was and the brand they carried as they did not know. I think she was training to be fair.

Biggest issues was people were partying on my floor and the halls reeked of marijuana and were loud all night. Someone tried to get into my room at one point, assuming they had the wrong room.

Rooms were great, well apportioned and loved the TV.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review and bringing this matter to our attention. We are delighted to know that you liked our room and the friendly service received from our front desk. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the noise inconvenience and the service received from our bar staff. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is OK. Room was reasonably nice, but the area (even for Airport hotel) leaves a bit to be desired. The parking package was nice, and shuttle was great on the way to the airport. But upon return we waited at the P4/hotel shuttle stop for over an hour for the shuttle. We saw many other hotel shuttles come and go....and then come and go. Called hotel and just then the shuttle appeared, but never stopped and drove right through. Had to call back - they were going to have driver turn around. Waited some more and called again. Told he was unable to turn around and returned to hotel and was now on his way back again. When he arrived no apology. This was really frustrating and major reason I would likely not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jdmaz
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you encountered problems with our shuttle service. I'll be speaking with our drivers to assure incidents like this do not happen again. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

If you care to contact me directly feel free to email me at cvalerio@menlohotels.com

Best Regards,

Carlos Valerio
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had to stay in Newark due to a cancelled flight so chose this Crowne Plaza. Convenient to and from the airport as the free shuttle operates 24hrs a day. The rooms are clean and up on the 11th floor it is very quiet for the location so close to the airport. I was starving by the time I got to the hotel and was quickly served a very tasty and well proportioned grilled cheese BLT with fries for a very reasonable price given the NY area can be costly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 201pilot
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been staying at the hotel for 5 days a week for 2 n ahalf months for work. My experience was at first a shamble. I didnt have a microwave for several weeks. once i reported on a survey i recieved an apologe n ever since i have had a microwave in my room. That was the only negative thing i can say i had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I arrived late night at Newark airport and had to leave early in the morning from the same airport. Room was ok, it was clean, did not hear much noise from the airport, but the room has an unpleasant smell. The shuttle to the airport runs 24 hours a day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ales11_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Ales11_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's nice to hear your positive feedback about our clean rooms and 24 hours shuttle service. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant odor in your room. We always want our guest to have a relaxing and comfortable stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Centerville, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Newark Airport 3 times during February to April of 2014. The first time my room was great and the price was great. The second time my room was okay and the price was about $50. more than the first time. The third time my room was in terrible condition (torn lampshade, stained ceiling, loud heater, stained bedcover, etc) and cost twice as much as the first time I stayed. The free buffet breakfast was consistently the WORST ever. It would have to be free because I can't imagine anyone could be made to pay for it. I decided just to have a bagel but the cream cheese is so cheap even it was terrible! The staff at the snack bar was reasonably friendly as they served me frozen cheesecake. The woman in the gift shop could not be more unwelcoming if she tried. The man at the buffet register couldn't be more rude. The only consistently good thing at the hotel was Stephanie the front desk clerk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CapeCod58
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear CapeCod58,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Newark.

Orlando A.
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was good. Bathroom nothing special. They had a breakfast buffet that was not included in the room. The parking was also an additional fee! There are nicer places to stay at the airport that are less expensive in the three star range. My choices are always to stay at one of the Marriott owned hotel in the area. There are a number of choices, three of which do not charge parking and include breakfast in the room charge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Marb E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Marb E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the additional parking and breakfast charges. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
#5 of 13 in Elizabeth
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,605 reviews
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Newark Airport? Share your experiences!