Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$270
US$77
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
All reviewsclose to the airportwould stay againflight was cancellednew yorkshuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableruns every minutescoffee makershort stayfree shuttleyvonnenycpickupcruiseterminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed one night to catch an early flight out of Newark. Great location for this. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Excellent shuttle service to the airport, so you don't have to stress out about getting there on time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I checked in waiting for a flight the next day and my travel agency had messed up the reservation. The front desk staff was quick to fix it and were extremely pleasant and helpful. I had dinner at the bar and the med salad was excellent and huge. I don't like measured alcohol as I feel the establishment is try to be cheap. Bar staff was pleasant but untrained, I had to tell them what gin was and the brand they carried as they did not know. I think she was training to be fair.

Biggest issues was people were partying on my floor and the halls reeked of marijuana and were loud all night. Someone tried to get into my room at one point, assuming they had the wrong room.

Rooms were great, well apportioned and loved the TV.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review and bringing this matter to our attention. We are delighted to know that you liked our room and the friendly service received from our front desk. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the noise inconvenience and the service received from our bar staff. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is OK. Room was reasonably nice, but the area (even for Airport hotel) leaves a bit to be desired. The parking package was nice, and shuttle was great on the way to the airport. But upon return we waited at the P4/hotel shuttle stop for over an hour for the shuttle. We saw many other hotel shuttles come and go....and then come and go. Called hotel and just then the shuttle appeared, but never stopped and drove right through. Had to call back - they were going to have driver turn around. Waited some more and called again. Told he was unable to turn around and returned to hotel and was now on his way back again. When he arrived no apology. This was really frustrating and major reason I would likely not return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jdmaz
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you encountered problems with our shuttle service. I'll be speaking with our drivers to assure incidents like this do not happen again. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

If you care to contact me directly feel free to email me at cvalerio@menlohotels.com

Best Regards,

Carlos Valerio

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had to stay in Newark due to a cancelled flight so chose this Crowne Plaza. Convenient to and from the airport as the free shuttle operates 24hrs a day. The rooms are clean and up on the 11th floor it is very quiet for the location so close to the airport. I was starving by the time I got to the hotel and was quickly served a very tasty and well proportioned grilled cheese BLT with fries for a very reasonable price given the NY area can be costly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 201pilot
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been staying at the hotel for 5 days a week for 2 n ahalf months for work. My experience was at first a shamble. I didnt have a microwave for several weeks. once i reported on a survey i recieved an apologe n ever since i have had a microwave in my room. That was the only negative thing i can say i had.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business