Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
All reviewsclose to the airportwould stay againflight was cancellednew yorkshuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableruns every minutescoffee makershort stayfree shuttleyvonnenycpickupcruiseterminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I checked into my room at night. When I got to my room and unfolded the white blanket, it had a visible stain on it. In the bathroom, the glass cups had hairs stuck to it from previous guests or whatever they used to wipe the cups. In the morning, the shower was only running cool water. And it happened two mornings in a row.
Overall, it's good enough to stay if you have a quick flight out as it's right next to the airport

• Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear didi109,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to know that our location worked for your needs. On the other hand, I am sorry for any inconvenience the condition of your room amenities and bathroom may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza after missing a flight last sunday 6/15. The price was right, $110 for "executive king room", and the location was right around the corner from the airport. I found the front desk staff professional and very fast which, at ten o'clock at night with no dinner was appreciated. I dropped my bag in the room and went down to the lobby restaurant which was sort of a bar/lounge deal. It was very quiet and the few people there were really sketchy looking, they didn't look like transients as you would expect at an airport hotel, more like bar flies which I found strange because the place had no atmosphere. The bartender was very friendly and the service was good. I ordered a very fancy sounding wagyu burger which arrived overcooked and nothing more than a common bar burger, not the fifteen dollar exciting looking menu description I had been hoping for. Anyway, I didn't care it was late and it served its purpose but I certainly would not go back to this place for food. I was pleasantly surprised by the room; nice sheets, clean, good tv/internet and very quiet. I hit the gym in the morning and it was perfect, newish equipment and clean. I would definitely stay here again next time I happen to be in Newark for the night.

Room Tip: I had an executive king room, very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at other crown plaza before, I am a member of IHG. This Hotel is terrible. They should call it MOTEL.
Service was slow, dinner was slow and dirty. one airport shuttle had no sign, we almost missed it. Nobody speak English. I can hardly understand them. They need to hired an English speaker...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank peter l
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear peter l,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding our hotel. It is regrettable that our services fell below your expectations. We take comments such as these into serious account as we would like to follow up on your concerns. I have sent you a private message in an effort to get more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise on the next day. We chose the hotel for the free airport shuttle and dining options. The room was clean and quite.The main dining room was dark and dated, BUT the food was a really good and a good value. The service was solid. The pool was cold and the water was cloudy and gross. The Free airport shuttle took forever to arrive. The front desk staff was good and helped me arrange a car to take 4 of us to the cruise ship. The area was scary but lots of security around. Overall a OK hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Davidfromindy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Davidfromindy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our breakfast and staff.

It is regrettable that some aspects of our facility, particularly the pool and shuttle service, were not able to meet your expectations. I have noted your comments and rest assured that these will be used towards our improvement.

I hope that you give us a chance to provide you with a great hotel experience the next time you visit the area.

Faith R

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed one night to catch an early flight out of Newark. Great location for this. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Excellent shuttle service to the airport, so you don't have to stress out about getting there on time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family