“What a nice lunch we had!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The New Dodge's Market
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Elmer
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Marmora, New Jersey
“What a nice lunch we had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was an early Sunday morning and I think we may have been the first customers of the day! We were greeted by a nice young man and sat down on the outdoor porch. The cheerful sunflowers on the table made it so nice to sit and enjoy the coolness of the early morning. We had sweet tea served in Mason jars and my husband had a turkey sandwich on a poppy seed roll and I had a grilled bacon, tomato, and cheddar cheese on sesame seed bread . Everything was good, only complaint was my tomato. This is the season for Jersey tomatoes and a restaurant in New Jersey should use Jersey tomatoes! This one tasted like a hot house tomato you buy in the dead of the winter. Pulled out the tomato and had a great cheddar and bacon grilled cheese. There are all kinds of goodies inside including beautiful fresh flowers, old fashioned candy, pastries, special vinaigrettes,relishes and olive oils, even gluten free cookies. What we really enjoyed was the Dodge's Cheese. A very nice young lady cut me off samples to try and then we left with a 1/4 pound to take home. Those of you driving to or from the shore, this is a nice addition to the trip to be able to pull over, take a break and get a bite. Don't forget some cheese!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lvttx

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

"Dodge's" is our local restaurant and hang out - if the little town of Elmer has a hang out. It's a quaint old market - re-done and severing sandwiches and meals on their heated porch over looking the town of Elmer.
Unfortunately, my last several trips there have been less than stellar! For Cinco de Mayo they offered a Buffalo Quesadilla sounded good but was rather strange with too much shredded chicken soaked with buffalo sauce. It was in a toasted tortilla which made it resemble quesadilla. Next time I had a basic waldorf salad and it was mostly mayo and chicken - very disappointing.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Medford, New Jersey
“Cute cute cute and very original”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I just had the homemade veggie soup for dinner ... It was so fresh and perfectly seasoned. Dodges is a quaint little shop that always has something fresh.. From tasty bakery items to entrees to breads and salads... And seasonal flowers and treats. We just love it.
Very friendly as well :-)

• Visited April 2014
Monroeville, New Jersey
“Wonderful Old World Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

When you step into Dodge's Market you feel as if you stepped back in time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We have eaten there a number of times for breakfast and are always satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank pudford57
Rockville, Maryland
“Horrible treatment of customers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been to Dodge's Market probably about 5 times. Considering I live in Maryland I think that is a lot. The reason I am even writing this review is because of a recent development. My father who has probably been to Dodge's market about 15-20 times had triple bypass surgery 3 weeks ago yesterday. When I was up to see him last weekend he hadn't been eating much. I asked him what he was in the mood for and he said he could really go for the Chicken Cutlet Stacker from Dodge's market. Since Dad was still too weak/tired to actually go out to dinner I ordered it for take out. Then this past weekend I went up again. We went to Dodge's market with 6 people. My husband and I, my kids, and my parents. Once again Dad ordered his Chicken cutlet stacker. When he got it it was incredibly dry. The roll was so dry it broke apart and the chicken was so dry it looked incredibly unappetizing. Basically Dad picked it apart to see if anything was salvageable which it wasn't so he didn't eat it. When the waitress came over when we were done my dad said that his sandwich was dried out and inedible. At that point my dad went out to the car to warm up because Dodge's market was cold and Dad still isn't himself yet. My mother went to pay the bill and instead of taking off the $8.99 charge for my Dad's uneaten sandwich they gave him a $5 gift certificate for when he came back again. Today my Dad called Dodge's market to talk to the owner. He explained to the owner that he had just had open heart surgery and was craving that sandwich and was disappointed in the sandwich and the fact that he got a $5 gift certificate instead of just taking charge completely off. Well evidently their conversation got heated. The owner accused Dad of lying, saying Dad ate the entire sandwich, etc. Dad then called me all upset, not too good for someone that has just had triple bypass. I was so irritated that the owner of Dodge's market would yell at my Dad, particularly after Dad had just told him that he had open heart surgery. I got off of the phone with Dad and I called Dodge's market. Excuse me for saying this but the owner was completely off base. Telling me that he was going to call the police on me and we were harassing him. So much for customer service. I was trying to be very nice and just wanted him to know you really shouldn't yell at someone who has just had open heart surgery but that didn't happen. After he threatened to call the police on me he promptly hung up. Elmer is a very small town and it is a shame that a restaurant with an owner like him should be there. We will NEVER go there again and I hope other people reading this will think twice about it. How dare they treat customers the way he did/does.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Mindy1024

Been to The New Dodge's Market? Share your experiences!