“Nice To Be Back At An Old Favorite”
Review of Grand Cru - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palisade Avenue
Transit: NJ Transit Bus 166 and 168 from Manhattan
Austin, Texas
“Nice To Be Back At An Old Favorite”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I used to live in the area and we went to Grand Cru all the time. On a trip back last week I met up with some friends at Grand Cru. It was wonderful and just as good as I remembered it. The Shrimp and Crab Nachos are incredible, as is the wine list.

• Visited July 2013

Maine
“does not live up to it's looks”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our group was 4 adults for dinner. I enjoy not being rushed for dinner but the service was soooooo slow. I will give the reason we were sat at the high tables near the bar. First of all, they were sooooo uncomfortable. I felt I was sitting in a high chair with no FOOT REST. My feet were dangling the whole nite. Back to the service and dinner. Our server was very friendly but if he came twice to our table it was too much. Took our drink & dinner orders. Never came back to check how our dinner was. Water was never set at our table, we had to request it to another waitress who did come back to check on us. It was a Saturday nite, 4 items were sold out on the menu from the previous evening. Very disappointed! The Greek Chop salad was fresh and tasty. Appetizer was delicious (crab & shrimp chips). The salmon was very nice and large. I ordered the steak, which was very nice. However this restaurant is on the expensive side, I would add to side dishes to the entrees. I ordered the steak and served with French fries. The salmon was served with spinach only. I don't know if I am asking for too much but I am used to two sides with my entrée. The décor is beautiful, everything seemed clean. Just the service was very slow, almost if they forgot about us. The other issue I had, no bread or flat bread with spread was placed at our table before the dinner. Something I always except. Hopefully, if I ever go back I will not be disappointed. It's not in my plans, though.

• Visited July 2013
“Disappointed with wines by the glass”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We've been here numerous times before but this time their wine list was not attractive. Cheese good ... Skip the bread pudding too sugary

Midland Park, New Jersey
“A Grand Meal at Grand Cru Wine Bar”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

I made reservation for 6:30 pm on Friday, February 15 prior to going to The Bergen Performing Arts Center to see the Whispers & Stylistics.
I was greeted by the Hostess who brought us directly to our table. Moe was our Server. He was very personable. He took our drink order as we reviewed the menu. Our drinks we brought to us promptly. He then told us about the nightly specials. I ordered a platter of 5 cheeses with the expertise and suggestion of Moe. They were all outstanding and complimented the bottle of wine I ordered again with Moe' recommendation. My Co-worker ordered the Lamb Chops and was very pleased commenting they were some of the best ever. I had the Champagne Vanilla Scallops they were very fresh and succulent. We finished dinner with a great cup of coffee. Wished I could have stayed longer but the show was about to start.
Over-all it was a very enjoyable dining experience. I will be back to again and will also ask for Moe to be our server again.

Middletown, DE
“Grossed out!!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We went to this restaurant prior to seeing the Band, Heart, last night. I loved the food. The mushroom pizza was out of this world. The fries were also very good. Just prior to being served, two women came into the restaurant and were seated at a table in the corner of the room. They moved themselves into the center of the room, where a pair of sofas are grouped, sat down on one of them, and proceeded to make out!!! Management said nothing, although the hostess and several servers stopped and stared. It is absolutely NOT appropriate to make out in a restaurant, regardless of your gender. I love my husband, but it is a private thing! Our dinner was ruined, as a result of this. We really enjoyed the pizza and the fries, not so much the butternut ravioli, but the atmosphere was ruined by these two people and the restaurant doing nothing about it! Totally classless!!!

• Visited January 2013