“Greay Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
aliza727
“Greay Stay”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed one night this past week. Room was great - clean and sharp looking. Great value. Helpful staff. Bathroom clean. Toiletries fine. Shuttle to city available for $12. Very willing to go the extra mile for guests.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank aliza727

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
vermilion
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Englewood for 3 nights and found the lobby and reception area to be very nice as was the restaurant. The bar area was small and cozy. Prices were a bit high as is expected in hotel bars. We paid $14 for one ginger ale and a Jameson. ouch.

The room was clean but appeared to be getting long in the tooth. The bathroom definitely needs updated and the sitting area could also. The bed was very comfortable with an abundance of pillows.

I would stay there again and hope some minor updates will be completed by then.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.

Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Most Sincerely,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Its a ok property, room is spacious (i stayed in King Room) but clearly is now need for a revamp. I am sure this hotel has seen better days. The staff is helpful, reception also. Shuttle service is provided by hotel within 5 miles of the property which adds to convenience.

But biggest let down is that the whole lobby smell of Chlorine from the pool. Restaurant is not so good and breakfast is 90 % repetitive every day which began troubling me as mine was an extended stay of 2 weeks.

The gym nearby (i was given free coupons as priority club member) is awesome though. I signoff saying this hotel is not bad for short stay without expecting any luxury but business comfort

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and provide information in regards to your recent stay with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our 22 month old daughter on the nights of Aug. 3rd and 4th. This was our second stay as my wife's family lives in Englewood so this a convenient hotel with a chain we have had good luck with in the past (including this location).

Although it had only been a year, our experience this time around bordered on down-right terrible. Although the staff was nice, just about everything else with the stay was not acceptable for this level of hotel.

The primary two issues we had were a smell that permeated the lobby of the hotel and also our floor (4th) and room and the overall heat and access of the swimming pool. The smell was a mix of mothballs, mildew and possibly smoke. I ignored the smell upon check-in because it was an extremely hot/humid day and I figured the AC was working overtime to keep up. When we entered our room though, the smell was worse and almost smelled like someone had smoked in our room and the hotel had tried to mask the smell. That said, the smell was in the hallway and front lobby. When I asked the front desk about the smell on my way out that night late for dinner, they looked at my like I was strange and said they had not complaints. We are not picky people an the smell was so distinct I refuse to believe they had no other inquiries.

The big win for this hotel for us is the hotel pool as our daughter is trying to learn to swim. The two issues we experienced with the pool were 1) The pool room itself was almost unbearably hot that weekend and jumping in to the pool itself offered little relief and 2) The fact that on Sunday, the hotel had apparently opened up their pool for some sort of local/community swim class. In short, the pool was packed with people not even staying at the hotel, there were no towels available and it eventually became stressful to be in the pool with our daughter so we left.

The last thing to note is that if you return to the hotel after 9 pm, expect to park far from the front door and if you opt for the breakfast buffet, set your standards low. Very low. I would recommend the quintessential diner that is located across the street and save your money on the hotel breakfast.

Very unlikely that we will be back for a 3rd stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BeaconStTraveler
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
On behalf of the Hotel Management and Staff please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

NJ
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Was a pleasure to have this location to rest after a night of celebrating. Evening check in was pleasant as front desk staff was friendly and attentive. It was another matter when checking out in am. Although I lived in Englewood many years ago, I inquired about a place to eat and was looked upon as though I had three heads and was basically "blown off". Thank God for instincts and the internet.
I'd stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank withinthetemple
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
On behalf of the entire team at the Crowne Plaza Englewood, we would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and share your experience with other travelers.
We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This by far was my best hotel stay! The rooms were very clean and spacious. The hotel is great and very, very nice. The hotel has parking which is a definite plus. The location was a little tricky at first but once I got it down I was okay. There was no drama and I had a very good stay and I would surely stay ther again if I had to go to NY again.

Room Tip: I used priceline and name your price. It was a very pleasant suprise to see that this hotel picked u...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David D
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, and share your experience with other travelers.
On behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for your kind comments and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Most Sincerely,
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Hotel is well maintained...breakfast was good too with lots of fresh fruits; but by far the biggest perk is the gym pass for The Gym right next door!! Beautiful gym, steam room, sauna and amazing classes (I took the stations class and was dripping sweat after the first 15 minutes!!).

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank MPearlS
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Englewood with other travellers. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.

We constantly strive to provide the best to all our guests and it is certainly refreshing to receive positive comments from them.

Ghizlane Bounouar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!