Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
US$82
Priceline
US$157
US$137
Hotel Cliff(New York City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew yorkoff routeshuttle servicehotel restaurantgeorge washington bridgenice hotelshort staybergen countyrooms are cleanthe hotel offersindoor poolport authoritydinermanhattanbronxpalisadesproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Ms. Dhariana Santana was very accommodating and assisted me all through out my stay. staff are very honest, returned my watch that i left by the pool.
breakfast was great, pool area was well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zero C
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here 1 night, 1/9/14. There was plenty of parking, the outside was clean and presentable. Going inside to check in, the lobby area seemed well maintained and updated. There was a restaurant with an "open" concept on your left as you walk in. I saw maybe 2 people in it all night and 1 the next morning for a breakfast buffet.

The staff was courteous and professional. Elevators conveniently located to the right of the front desk. The room was good size but that was about the only positive aspect I could see. It seemed very outdated, the curtains appeared old and very dirty. Wallpaper was peeling off in one section and should have just been ripped down as to how old it looked. The bathroom seemed to have a few updates with granite vanity,new fixtures and tile floor. I found it to be not very clean as I found stains underneath the seat and everywhere seemed to neglect the details. Bad caulking jobs, about a quarter of a roll of toilet paper left on one of the two dispensers next to the toilet. I mean, just change it, we were new customers checking in. I could see if it was our third day and staying longer.

The pool area was ok, it lacked towels for any guests that may have arrived after us. We went swimming about 7:00pm and it was open until 10:00pm. Only 2 towels available. They didn't look very busy, I would imagine a staff member could check to see if there may be a need to put out another 5-10 towels to finish the night. The lounge chairs were very old and sagging from too many years of use. Desperately needed to be replaced.

One positive note, the staff was great. Maybe lacking the tools or leadership to make this a good hotel. They provided us with a timely wake up call and were to our room in 1 minute when one of the phones wasn't working properly. We also called to ask for a few more bottles of shampoo because my wife uses quite a bit and they were at our door in seconds with 4 bottles which seemed generous. So, I don't blame the staff for most of the issues that plague this hotel. The staff is playing with the hand they are dealt.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. At $120 for a night, it's way overpriced. I've stayed in bad motels that were far better and much cheaper. For a "Crowne Plaza" hotel, this was a total disappointment.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot, fourth floor above lobby entrance. It seemed to be quiet and could view the street as well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chuck141403
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Chuck141403,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of your room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your positive comments for the staff as well as your high score for Service. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I spent 2 weeks at the Crowne Plaza Englewood. I found the staff quite courteous and very friendly. The rooms were clean and the standard of the fittings quite high. The only complaint I would have is the sound of the air-conditioning. When on, it sounded like a jet engine in the room, although it didn't prevent me from getting a good nights sleep.

I do have to compliment the guys that drove the free transit bus. I took transit to work in Hackensack every day and these drives were on-time, very safe and extremely friendly. I would recommend their service any day instead of catching a taxi.

I found the location quite handy, outside of Manhattan but easy to get into using the local NJ shuttle service and then the Subway downtown.

Overall a very pleasant stay. I will be staying again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PuckoV1
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our Shuttle Drivers. Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We were here for one night. Check in was smooth. The hotel lobby is nice. When we got off the elevator for our floor, the smell was of a musty odor (old) a bit overwhelming. The room furnishings were nice and the bed was comfortable (most important). However, there was a big crease (bunched) in the carpet. There were pieces of lumber supporting the AC/Heating unit. Overall, I would stay here again, but for a very short stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry for the unusual condition of the room you received during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments. Please be assured that this will be looked into. We are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I traveled to NJ for one day only from Europe and stayed at this hotel since it was close enough to the office. Arrived late and despite of some issues with the e-keys was pretty happy with the room size and overall arrival experience.

The heating system was odd (compare to those high-tech I see in any hotel in Europe). It was extremely noisy and I simply turned it off. But it got very cold overnight and I had to turn it on. I was so tied that woke up only twice, but I realized next morning that neighboring rooms visitors had some hard time due to the noise :)

Breakfast was very average, but (again) I compare it to hotels in Europe. Standard "low cost" breakfast you will get in 99% places in the States.

I think windows need some fixing. The area under was wet and cold which made me think that windows are somewhat broken (but I did not hear much noise).

To sum it up: average basic hotel for a short stay while on business visiting anyone in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business