Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
US$97
US$220
US$179
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn Capri(Little Ferry)
US$97
US$85
RodewayInn
All reviewsnew yorkoff routeshuttle servicehotel restaurantgeorge washington bridgenice hotelshort staybergen countyrooms are cleanthe hotel offersindoor poolport authoritydinermanhattanbronxpalisadesproximity
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights as I was in the area for a confrence at the hospital. The location was close and convenient. Check in was easy and friendly. Upon entering the room it was daek and hot. Lighting was not great, but not really a problem for me. I turned AC on and it was very loud. The room seemed clean enough but when I checkd the batroom noticed the complimentary toiletries (which I did not plan to use anyway) were all half used so it made me question how thoroughly it was cleaned. Also, there was no ventilation fan-or it didnt work- in th bathroom. The beds were comfy enough. My biggest issue was the noise. The door to my room seemed to get stuck at times and had to be forcefully shut. Apparently in other rooms as well because later at night you yould hear various doors slamming. The AC again was very loud when on, then when off the room was so quiet and the walls thin that you could hear everything going on in adjacent rooms...all night long. It made getting a good night sleep in the comfy beds difficult. I did not use pool or dining area, so can't comment on that. Overall an average stay. If you are a llight sleeper, bring some earplugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jgraha820
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry for the unusual condition of the room you received during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments. Please be assured that this will be looked into. We are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a well maintained hotel which also has a few covered parking spaces for guests which is convenient in the winter during those New Jersey snowstorms. Which brings me to being able to stay here, as many N.J. corporations book out this hotel for their employees when the local weather gets treacherous. That being said, you can expect a clean, modern room, well appointed, decent cable TV (LCD), desk, comfortable beds with way too much fussiness going on - You have to remove half the bed of pillows, and other 'decorative' bedding items (fancy 'little' pillow, etc.) - and before you know it, your chair in the room is a mountain of unnecessary bedding blankets, etc. Oh, and how CAN you sleep at night without pampering yourself by spritzing the pillow with their Linen Spray? Really!? My only complaint is the crappy shower head (Speakman) which they tout as a 'special experience'. The water barely was dribbling out - SERIOUS Low-Flow! - but that could be Englewood's water pressure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
Your recommendation of The Crowne Plaza Englewood is very important to us and we thank you for the vote of confidence. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I reserved this hotel for an overnight place to stay as I was going to attend a Yankees game. We arrived at the hotel 1/2 hour earlier than check in time after driving 6 hours and the gentleman at the desk was very friendly and checked on our room status. He was very efficient and let us check in early, which was a relief as we were tired from our drive.

The room was very spacious. The beds are not too bad ( I am not one that likes a firm mattress and they had a semi-firm one). The heat/air worked great as well. The bathroom was clean as well as the other areas in the room. There was nothing that I found out was dirty or bad.

I would definitely stay here again. The hotel was convenient to the Yankees game and the parking area was well lit. It was easy to get to from where I live as well as from the Bronx as well.

Room Tip: The view was not the greatest as we looked over an apartment complex, so we did keep our curtains closed during the night hours.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

An attentive staff makes up for what is otherwise a very ordinary hotel. The check-in, concierge, and cleaning service are friendly, professional, and go out of their way to assist...

The rooms are clean and presentable, with nothing that stands out as above average. The dining area offers ho-hum fare, and the depressingly quiet bar is to be avoided... Pool and fitness area are an afterthought... The elevators are very slow!

Overall, the Crowne Plaza is better than a Holiday Inn, and worth the reasonable rates.

Room Tip: There are only two elevator banks, so booking near them won't result in added noise, but will reduce your time trekking back and forth to your room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mthom100
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear BooDiggly,

Thank you very much for leaving feedback about your recent stay. I am happy to know that you found our rooms to be clean and the service received upon check-in was at par with standards. I do regret any inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the elevators and if the dining area's condition wasn't completely to your liking. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your comments will help us improve on what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Englewood NJ and my overall impression was excellent. In particular, the front desk staff were very professional, efficient and personable. Francis even called up to my room to make certain everything was going well. I would definitely stay again and recommend the hotel to professional associates and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business