“Great hotel close to NYC”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel close to NYC”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I decided to host our bi-annual family reunion there and we had a ball. The hotel's outside appearance can use an update but inside looks like it was remodeled recently. The rooms were decent size and sleeps up to 4 in the king suite. The pool was closed my entire stay and the soda machines were broken but overall I would stay there again to enjoy that great Jersey diner food across the street at 4 West Diner and to stroll the cute Palisades Ave and shop in the boutiques. Lets not forget the close proximity to NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Bedford, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location. Not far from NYC at an affordable rate. When checking in, the front staff were very friendly and accomodating.Frances was very pleasant. After checking into my room, Frances called the room to say if I needed anything feel free to give her a call. My sister and I had adjoining rooms with a newborn. Our rooms were clean and a great size. Same with the bathrooms. Each and everytime I left or arrived back to the hotel the staff greeted me by name. Such a plus! I ordered room service . The food arrived quickly. Anna was very pleasant and made sure that the food was to my liking. I may add that a microwave and a fridge would be a nice addition to the rooms . I will definitely stay at the Englewood Crown Plaza when in New Jersey or NYC and advise others to also choose this hotel as their choice of stay!

1 Thank BrightEyes828
Tel-Aviv
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently spent nearly a month in the Crowne Plaza Englewood. I was in NJ on a long business trip. When I arrived at the hotel after a 12 hour red-eye, I walked up to the front desk and the front desk manager barely looked up to greet me.
I received my room which looked Ok. The bathroom had some rust stains and a shower curtain. I don't like shower curtains and really prefer glass doors for hotel showers. The sheets are scratchy.
Breakfast was complimentary with my reservation. Very basic and the coffee was horrible.
The hotel bar isn't anything special except the lovely bartender (Paul I think) who is such a nice guy and a real asset to the hotel. The entire time I stayed at the hotel, he was the only person that bothered to learn my name. I would expect the front desk to learn the name of a guest that is staying there for nearly a month. I know they had no idea who I was because I received two packages and although I approached the front desk a few times about other things, they didn't mention that I had packages waiting (for 3 days). Only after I asked, did they gave me the packages.
Near the bed there is a little card stating that if you want your linens changed, please place the card on your pillow. I did that, the card was moved, the linens were not changed.
The AC was so noisy it sounded like a jet taking off in the room.

In short, I always stay in IHG hotels because I have status there, in the future I will look for a different hotel in the area.

Room Tip: High Floor is better, the lower floors can get noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ayaarlos
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear ayaarlos,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a hotel we could stop between leaving the auto train in Lorton VA and getting up to our place in the Catskill Mountains. The Crowne Plaza was the perfect stopping point with some wonderful restaurants nearby. The room was recently remodeled with new carpet and bedding. Spacious and comfortable. The bathroom shower/tub was not redone, showing rust stains and needing some work. Overall, it fit the bill for a short stay. The shuttle dropped us at the restaurant and picked us up when we were finished. A great perk!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were courteous and the rooms were clean. However we were disappointed with the fitness and pool area. The pool is quite small relative to the size of the hotel and there is no hot tub. The fitness room was very hot! Also, we would recommend adding refrigerators and microwaves to the rooms. This would make them even better for families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear kmn77,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to read that you liked our friendly staff and clean rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We regret that the pool and fitness center did not live up to your standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here to avoid the hussle and bussle of New york city while on vacation. The rooms are big and the hotel is clean and easily accessible off the George Washington bridge. The staff is great and they offer free parking. Breakfast is not free. the pool is big and indoors.

Room Tip: dont worry about a view there is none on any rooms
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice, but pricey property in a quiet area with HWY access. Great room size compare to NYC. Room was fresh and clean, but no fridge or microwave. Front desk staff professional and friendly specially the front desk manager, she is the best. Most of the other staff need retraining to be more customers friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your great comments and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests. Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!