“Outstanding Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Atlanta
“Outstanding Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2009

I had the opportunity to stay at the Crowne Plaza Englewood for business. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and superior customer service received.

I will book again!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

We were on a holiday trip to NYC. We decided on this hotel primarily because we had rented a car. The same hotel at NYC would likely cost at least three time more. Hence we saved quite a lot as we were with family.

Distance to Manhattan from the hotel is about 12 miles. Driving would take about 25 mins, depending on traffic condition. You can park your car at Queens (NY) and take a subway to Manhattan. That was what we did. If you want to do some shopping, from this hotel to Woodbury Premium Outlet is about 50- 55 mins drive.

Overall our stay was fine. Free wi-fi, free parking.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

Was happy with the quality and price, except the internet connectivity is really bad. I tried both the LAN and wireless, it wasn't me, it was them. I likely won't return.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

I stayed in Crowne Plaza using Priceline for about 4 full weeks including weekends. I found their service to be very good.

To begin with, I was worried that some of the amenities will be charged extra (as for e.g. I know in the Mariott in Glenpointe $13 is charged for Internet if you book the room through priceline). However to my pleasant surprise all the amenities (Gym, Swimming, Internet) were available at no additional cost. Besides I found that the room service was prompt.

I had booked my trip in priceline and kept extending it almost 5 days in a row. This hotel let me recheck into the same room each time so that I need not drag my luggage around. Especially once towards the third weekend I was not even in the hotel physically in the morning during check out and had not rechecked in, but the front desk staff knew that I would be using the same room and did not allocate that room for any other guest because they saw a priceline booking in my name from that day. This was fantastic. Overall a very caring and warm place to spend your time away from home…

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

My fiancee and I decided to travel to New York and participate in the New Years Eve/Times Square experience. We made this decision on a whim in late November and I checked out Priceline to hopefully get a good rate. The rates in Manhattan were very high to begin with and my offers were not accepted. The Crowne Plaza in Englewood did accept my rate and we were pleased because it's close enough to New York. Or so we thought. After our Greyhound dropped us off at the Port Authority, we grabbed a bite to eat and hailed a taxi. Actually 10 taxis. Not one NYC taxi would take us to Englewood. Now they'll take people to JFK and La Guradia (which are further away) but they thought we were crazy for even asking. So we rode the subway to the GWB Bus Station. From there, we got in a "rouge" taxi...black car, no fare meter. The driver said she would take us, but didn't know exactly where the hotel was at. I gave her rough directions...we didn't check in yet so I was not too familar with the surroundings. Well she got us lost and almost killed us going the wrong way on a one-way street.

That's when I called the hotel for help. Alex answered the phone and he was very helpful in providing directions. We finally made it there and he checked us in. I never used Priceline before and I was afraid the hotel would have an attitude towards that and even put us in a sub-par room. Not at all! Alex was very professional and friendly and our room was fantastic! It was very clean (just like the rest of the hotel), the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was HUGE!

I have read other reviews of this hotel stating the staff was not professional and they fought amongst themselves. We did not witness this at all during our stay. Everyone was helpful. ALL of the desk clerks we asked provided us with information on where to catch the NJ Transit buses into NYC. There are two bus stops within reasonable walking distance to the hotel. The hotel even provides a shuttle service to the hospital right near the 168th Street subway station (A and 1 lines). Miguel the bartender was also very helpful. He gave us good tips on downtown shopping.

So if you are planning to take a NYC trip, it's probably best to stay in Manhattan. But if you want to stay at a very nice hotel outside of the madness of the city, I recommend the Crowne Plaza in Englewood. My only advice would be to do your homework on the transportation situation, i.e., getting to the hotel first and then back and forth from Englewood and Manhattan. Perhaps it would be better to use the Newark Greyhound station instead of the Port Authority. Regardless, once you make it to the hotel and still need help, just ask the staff. They're more than ready to help.

• Stayed December 2008
boston, ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2008

We chose this hotel for its proximity to NYC (we did have a car with us, so transportation was not a problem). For us, it's totally worth the gas and tolls to stay across the river at a nice place, instead of paying the room rates in the City for tiny, nasty rooms, and having to pay exorbitant fees for parking as well.

Our party consisted of two moms and two teenage girls, and we found the room to be more than adequate for us. The hotel was clean, well-maintained, and up-to-date, and the beds were super comfy. The bathroom was very spacious and clean, despite some mold stains in the grout.

There is nothing in walking distance, and not much nearby, but since we were only sleeping here and spending all our time in NY, it didn't matter to us.

As members of this hotel chain's frequent traveler program, we did receive complimentary breakfast, which was superb (but at $14, very pricey if you aren't being comped).

The only issue we ran into was that the hotel seems to be understaffed on the weekend; there was only one person at the desk when we checked in on Friday night, and many check-ins and phone calls vying for her attention. We did not receive a bill under our door for express check-out, and the line to check-out in the morning was 10 deep.

• Liked — price, comfort
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

I stayed here few times in fast and saw the reception staff fighting with customers often, this time when I checked into this hotel, I receive an extremely bad attitude from the guy at reception named Alex Azcona , who claimed to be the supervisor, as soon I took back my Passport from this guy after providing for check in .. he started saying Bull [--] like “Don’t show me attitude and things like this” ,, trying to make a fight out of nothing … I didn’t wanted to mess up with him so acted patiently and didn’t said anything except “Just check me in” but what kind of way is this to behave with a customer ? Is this the way Crown Plaza Treats its customer,

• Liked — Free parking
  • Disliked — Reception Staff and mangment attutude ...
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lcdsolutions
DanGMEnglewood, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, 27 October 2008
This was a poor check in experience due to a communication gap. Our sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding. Alex has attempted to contact the guest to offer his regrets. We look forward to welcoming this guest back. Our hotel is typically very strong in guest relations and our guest satisfaction scores are consistently good. We try to make all of our guest feel welcome. We did not do a very good job on this one, but we will double our efforts on his next visit to ensure he has a positive stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center
BEST WESTERN Fort Lee
BEST WESTERN Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!