“Surprisingly Impressive”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Surprisingly Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

My suite was a lovely loft-style room-- newly decorated and perfectly clean. The room was fun, relaxing, and functional. The work space allowed me to see the TV, as did the bed. There were plenty of outlets and I could really get work done.

I liked how the bathroom was split into two parts to match the linear loft-shape of the room. The stool and a finger-bowl sink were in one space; the shower and full sink/mirror/vanity were in another. A great idea-- and functional.

I loved this place. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SNoon4056

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here for four nights in January 2012. The staff fell over themselves to help us; and the rooms were large and comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was ample and good. Even though the buffet was supposed to end at 9am, the staff kept it open longer and encouraged late-comers to eat. It would have been even nicer if there was a regular restaurant, but snacks could be purchased.

All in all, a great value.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Loved the design - sort of a modern euro design in teal/lime green and the rooms were incredibly spacious. I had two double beds along with a large pull out sectional in the room. The room had a separate desk area and also two bathrooms - one with a shower/toilet and another just with a small toilet and sink. Nice breakfast bar with a full breakfast, coffee station. Great place for those travelling with three or four to a room as there is plenty of space.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Keith K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thanks for your wonderful review of our property. We have heard several positive comments on the new SpringHill design and color scheme and love the fact you enjoyed the design also. I will share your comments with the staff and we hope your travels bring you back to the area as we look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I'm generally a cheap traveler so this place was fancier and pricer than I care for. But hey I was in town for a wedding and it was fun. No complaints and free breakfast was all right.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Pennington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Spring Hill Suites are Marriott's next level down from Courtyard, where a junior suite after taxes will run in most neighborhoods around $200. after two separate storms (one hurricane, one snow) wiped out my power grid for the better part of a week, I opted for the slightly less appointed Spring Hill for about a $50/night savings. (Make no mistake, the Courtyard one mile west of this SpringHill is a perfectly reasonable and well maintained upscale alternative.)

Coming off I-95 at Exit 4, be sure to turn right at first light to find your entrance one mile ahead on your right.

The place is brand new, immaculate, and generously staffed. Remember, when decamping from storm racked neighborhoods, you might not be the first on your street to think of staying here, so making a reservation might occur to you. Me, not so much. Despite my lack of planning, front desk personnel found me a room in what I suspected was a sold out inn. Granted, it was next to the elevator shaft, but the displaced should not be choosy.

Rooms with one king are slightly smaller than those with two queens, but both have separate half baths for shower and commode, sitting areas with desk cordoned off by a glass divider from sleeping area, and flat screen tv. Did I mention the free wi-fi in rooms and lobby? Now, if only the Ritz Carlton folk would pay attention to these small details...but I digress.

The lobby features a good sized seating area open to the free breakfast buffet, all sleek and clean. Again, this is not as up tempo as the typical Courtyard lobby, but the breakfast buffet here is free. Now, if only the Courtyard people would pay attention to these small details...but I digress.

I did not try the heated pool, nor did I stay either week long enough to use the washer and dryer available on each floor, but knowing they were there was a comfort, as waiting for a utility company can be a study in futility (remember, there is no futility without utility.) But with these add-ons, I can reasonably say the Spring Hill Suites in Ewing had all the comforts of home, plus a plunge pool. After checking the long range weather forecast, I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011
SHSEwingGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
jackfurlongesq_123,
Thank you so much for your kind words and review of our hotel. We pride ourselves in our beautiful property and staff service and it is great to hear that our dedication is paying off. We only that next you stay with us, it's not because of a power outage and due to a weekend get away!! Thanks again!!

new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Several organizations that I belong to have had gatherings at this hotel to include their grand opening. I have been continually impressed by their management and staff's attention to detail in taking care of all of their guests needs. The hotel is spotless, modern and close to all major highways. I would highly recommend their facility to any travelers ororganizations planning on a get together.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
NJDebster,
I appreciate your time and comments about your stay with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our quitter location. We do believe that with the additional development in the surrounding area, this will bring some restaurants and shopping to our area without too much additional traffic. Again, thank you so much for sharing all of the positives about our hotel and staff as this is something we strive for each and everyday.

Yardville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had some house issues in August and needed some place to stay for a couple of nights. We usually stay at the Hilton on the other side of the county but it was booked. So we thought we would try Springhill Suites.

Turned out to be a great hotel and better than the Hilton. The location is not the greatest as there is NOTHING nearby without driving. But in crowded NJ, that wasa nice change. The hotel staff that checked us in were so friendly and helpful. They even enthusiastically watched a hula hoop performance by my daughter.

The room was excellent - spacious and clean. It had all the features you would want including free internet access. They also had an excellent morning breakfast - hot items like eggs, sausage, etc. We did not use the pool but saw other guests enjoying it. It looked clean as did the fitness room. The beds were very comfortable.

I thought it was much nicer than the Hilton Garden Inn for the same money. Also I saw the outrageous rates the Sesame Place hotels were charging - this is a better choice. Families that stayed there when we did told us so!

So - only downside is that nothing is close by so bring your own snacks and food. Otherwise you must have a car to get dinner (although they do have a courtesy shuttle and local takeout delivery) Everything else was great!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NJDebster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!