SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Inn(Trenton)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitgreat hotelwafflescorporate parksitting areasesame placefree breakfastindoor pooli highly recommend this hotelseparate roomsthe hotel staffdaughter's weddingwedding blocklollipopsfront desk stafffree shuttlewedding guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2012

After seeing all the great reviews here, I tried to book the Springhill Suites as the hotel for my wedding guests next year. Unfortunately after my correspondence & dealings with Abby and the sales team, I will not be booking 40 rooms here and I strongly encourage future brides & grooms to heed my advice before contemplating the Springhill!

At a wedding expo at my wedding location – The Grounds for Sculpture – I met the sales director Susan who sold us on how great the SHS is for weddings. It sounded great & I promptly set up a meeting with Abby, one of the sales reps.

Let’s just say, she was interesting. We sat with here for an hour and told her all of our requests. I’ll admit some were outlandish, but most were within reason. What was odd was that Abby kept on trying to pit me against my fiance. Almost anytime my fiance would make a request about something that she felt was important, Abby would try to get me to side with her. As if to make my fiance feel like her requests were stupid and/or ridiculous. Sorry, but that’s not going to happen.

For a lot of our other requests, she made it seem like none were a big deal and we could get the things that we were looking for; late checkout, extended breakfast times, extended fire pit hours, continuous shuttle service, etc. She made it seem like these requests wouldn’t be an issue at all. So much so, that I accepted her initial offer of $119 & $129 a night for King & Double Queen rooms. I didn’t even bother to haggle with her because she seemed compromising to me needs… HA!

I got an email after our meeting informing me that they were unable to accommodate the requests that were practically promised to us in person. Talk about a back hand to the face…

Checkout is 11am- no budging & because of that, breakfast cannot be extended past that time. Mind you, breakfast is nothing more than microwaved eggs, cereal & some fruit and bagels/muffins

The firepit will close at 11pm. No one is allowed out there past that time, it’s locked. To make matters worse, I told her that I know people would love to sit outside and smoke a cigar after the wedding. She gave no inkling that this would be an issue. After several emails and trying to get her to compromise on things, she advised me that it wouldn’t matter, as you cant smoke on the property. In person she failed to tell me this, in her initial email she failed to mention this, and only after trying to play hardball did she inform me of this. Again, backhanded sales tactics.

We were told by Susan & again by Abby that you want to book quickly so that you have continuous exclusive use of the shuttle for your wedding. They led me to believe that they would run as many shuttles as needed. That turned into 3 runs each way. Again, misled…

After several emails & them unwilling to budge on any requests, I told them I would be looking elsewhere. I received a cold response back; not even a faint attempt to work with me or slightly meet any of my needs.

I’m now taking 40 rooms elsewhere & I encourage any future bride & groom to think twice about using this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scott b
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

I would like to take a moment to respond to your comments regarding the interaction you had during the sales process. We do have policies regarding the services we offer, and although we are flexible, there are some things we cannot change. The items you mentioned were brought to my attention during the conversations you had with our sales representative. I cannot extend the hours of the patio/fire pit past 11pm, as it is unfair to the other guests who are trying to sleep. We also cannot allow a food vendor truck in the parking lot that you requested at 11pm to serve food to your guests returning from the reception. This also would be a disturbance to our guests.The complimentary shuttle runs for 3 trips to the venue and 3 trips from the venue at the conclusion of the event is our standard. To extend the check out times for 40 rooms was not possible on the particular weekend of your event. I am sorry that we were not able to host your wedding group at our hotel. Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel is newer with very nice rooms, nice exercise area, smallish pool and nice common area/bar. The manager is great. Unfortunately, there are a TON of college kids there. Sounds like TCNJ is renovating dorms nearby and there are a couple of hotels that are taking the overflow. This is one of them.

Not sure if the college kids were involved, but one of our nights there, the fire alarm went off three times starting at six and ending around 8.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Let me first thank you for your posting regarding your recent visit at the SpringHill Suites. I am pleased that you certainly had good comments about the freshness of the hotel; as well as the services we offer, including the fitness room, indoor pool, and bar. I was actually on property when the first alarm went off at 6:15am. Fortunately there was not a fire, as the fire department inspected and determined there was an occurance that caused the system to activate. The souce of the alarm was found and there was no emergency. Our hotel does not house college students from the local university. The college girls in the hotel were 2 out of state soccer teams who were playing a local university that weekend. I apologize for the early morning disturbance, and hope you will consider choosing our hotel when visiting the Ewing/Princeton area.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I just wanted to take a moment to express our sincere thanks for a job well done in hosting our 2012 Hopewell Valley Bad Girls Softball Tournament Review Meeting. Abby Campbell and your staff were pleasant and easy to work with. Abby assisted us with finding a very good caterer and printing of the brochures we needed for our meeting. Some of our guests were special invitees from past tournaments as sort of a reunion, after 18 years of holding this tournament. They were very pleased your facility, especially the ourdoor firepit area. A very comfortable place to relax and enjoy a drink with conversation.
That is why we have chosen you to be our "official" host hotel for the upcoming girls softball tournaments held at our complex in Pennington, NJ each June and October. We look forward to seeing everyone again soon and please pass on our thanks to Abby who always greeted us with a smile.

Regards,
John Scheese
Tournament Director

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review, and choosing the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South for your upcoming events. Abby certainly is great at her job, and handles all of her groups thoroughly and professionally. You will not be disappointed. The entire team of co-workers look forward to hosting your housing and meeting needs in our clean, friendly hotel. I am pleased you were able to utilize our food and beverage areas, as it is a great place to meet and eat. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We recently stayed here as a gathering spot for my daughter's wedding. I can not say enough GOOD things about this hotel and their FANTASTIC STAFF!!! The entire staff from the events coodinator to the front desk staff (Dave, Antionette, etc) to the Hotel Mgr. (Pat) were awesome!!!!We came in the Thurs before the wedding with a large amount of final tasks that needed to be completed...not only were they FRIENDLY and welcoming they offered to help unload 4 vehicles of wedding items, they were accomidating in putting all guests together on the first floor(so we did not have to use the elevator to move everything), they also provided a safe haven for our precious flowers that needed to stay until the BIG day!. We were welcomed to gather in the lobby so that our family and friend that we had not seen in several years could all be together and sit and catch up, like we were in our living room at home. We had several family member that stayed for four days and three night and they were treated FANTASTIC for the entire stay!!! I would highly recommend this hotel for both personal and buisness.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the excellent posting regarding your recent weekend visit with us for you and your group for your daughter's wedding. We prepare for all groups staying in the hotels so we are able to meet their needs. I am pleased that you had a wonderful time at the hotel, and that the wedding and events were as enjoyable. The co-workers at the hotel are always willing to assists the guests, with their SpringHill smile. We especially like to host wedding groups, as it is such a joyous occasion. We hope to see you again if you travel the the Ewing/Princeton area.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Barbara Steinman Kornbluh

Springhill Suites was the perfect place for our recent Tandem Weekend 2012. Not only was the hotel pristine and comfortable but the staff could not do more for our 140 guests . When the weather threatened rain they did not hesitate to accomodate the cyclists every need. Springhill Suites by Mariott in Ewing Township NJ goes over the top. Thank you Susan, Greg, Kindell and the rest of the crew... we will be back!

Room Tip: Our group occupied 70 rooms and every one was perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your posting about the SpringHIll Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased that you found the hotel cleanliness excellent, as well as the helpful and friendly staff. The complimentary business center is used often by our guests, as well as free wifi throughout the hotel. Although the pool area is limited, it is enjoyed by many guests. We will look into alternatives for the free breakfast we offer. I certainly appreciate your feedback.