“Almost an "Excellent"”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I've stayed here twice in the past month for business travel. This hotel is very modern and ultra-chic for this hotel class. It is very quiet; I've never heard any noise at all. You have a selection of newspapers in the morning (USA Today, WSJ), the work-out room is small but sufficient (several treadmills, ellipticals, a bike, and 1 weight bench), parking is ample & well-lighted.
The only "complaint" I have is that the quality of the free breakfast is below caliber for the rest of this hotel. For example, the blueberry muffifns are stale and don't actually taste like a blueberry muffin. This is minor, I realize, I guess it just caught me a bit off guard, considering how nice everything else is about this hotel. WORD OF WARNING - map out the route to this hotel carefully. There are actually two Interstate 95s in NJ. In addition, the GPS in my car took me completely off track and the GPS in my phone had me doing 6 miles of backroads, when I could have taken the interstate all the way in. I'm not sure why, but this location puts a GPS in a tailspin. Overall, this is an excellent value for the money, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on first floor for both stays, and I never heard a peep!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us several times, and posting your very favorable review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am glad you enjoy the design of the hotel, with the modern designs and colors. I see you participated in the amenities, including the 24 hour fitness center and free wi-fi. The safety of our guests comes first, starting with the well lit parking areas, as you described. I will address the breakfast item you mentioned, as with several deliveries a week, the items should always be fresh. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to hosting you again at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This futuristic hotel was a wonderful accidental find. Rooms were spacious, ours with two sinks and separate WC, couch and space to relax. The outdoor patio with fire pit was a pleasant way to end the day. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

I want to thank you for your excellent review regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I see you were impressed by the interior design of the hotel, which we hear many positive comments about. The atmosphere provides a relaxing experience,whether in your larger than normal guest room, or enjoying the outside fire pit. Yes, the staff is both friendly and courteous, and are here to handle all guests' requests with a smiling face. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

From the photos the property looked new, clean and updated. All of the following were true. Upon check in we found out that there was going to be a large wedding party in the hotel both nights. When we entered our room we heard a lot of noise from across the hall, as if they were in our room! When we left you could smell the marijuana. We were awoken late early into the morning hours with slamming doors, the hallway wall is paper thin. Our second night was the same scenario. After reading the reviews more closely sounds like this hotel specializes in larger functions. We checked out the Element which is close by, much smaller property with thick walls! We will stay there on our next visit to Ewing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel, and overall appearance. I am sorry that you did not totally enjoy your experience due to the noise levels. The hotel staff addresses all situations when they are made aware of them, in order to keep other guests satisfied. I hope you would give us another chance to show you we are truely a great hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding weekend so I very much expected an average stay. To my pleasant surprise, the amenities were wonderful. The hotel lobby comes equipped with wonderful free breakfast spread (makes your own waffles, eggs, all types of coffee/juice, and bagels) in the morning, wifi lounge in the afternoon, and full bar & outdoor firepit at night. It was perfect for spending extended amounts of time with friends and family in a comfortable, social setting.

There are snacks & board games available in the lobby at all times & a relaxing clean pool for a refreshing dip.

I strongly recommend staying here if you are in the area !!

Room Tip: Request a room opposite entrance side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

I want to thank you for your excellent comments regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased that you took full use of all of the hotel amenities, including the free hot and cold breakfast; the lounge, the fire pit in the evening, indoor pool, and board games. The hotel is certainly a great place to relax with friends, especially when attending weddings and other social events, where you can sit back and enjoy each others friendship. We certainly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

My family booked a room block here for my son's bar mitzvah and we were all very pleased. The rooms are spacious and modern, fresh-looking and colorful. The outdoor fire pit/lounge area is wonderful. Nice pool - small, but the kids loved the "waterfall" from the ceiling. Abby was very helpful in recommending local restaurants (Metro Grill is fantastic!) and in assisting my guests with directions to our venue. The location is excellent - easy access right off 95.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I want to thank you for your recent posting about your great experience at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I agree that the hotel is very clean in all areas, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Your hotel contact, Abby, does a wonderful job with her groups, as you mentioned. She is readily accessible to her groups before they arrive, and while our guests in the hotel. She takes care of any and all needs, as you noted. The fire pit is enjoyed by many guests in the evening, as a place to relax. I am pleased you enjoyed the pool, which is also rather relaxing. Again, we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here two nights on a biz trip and was pleasantly surprised. The modern decor in the rooms was functional and beautiful. There is noise from the adjacent highway and occasional corporate jets and helicopters landing at the nearby airport, but not too bad. Nice fitness center and a tasty free breakfast. Plenty of room to take a jog on the sidewalks around the corporate offices nearby. The staff I encountered, at the front desk and at breakfast, were exceedingly pleasant. My only gripe is the very bright fluorescent wall mounted lights outside the room doors, which causes light intrusion under the gap in the door at night. Easily blocked with a towel, but the hotel could fix it by installing "sweeps" at the door base.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the excellent rating you gave the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South with your recent comments. We certainly have a friendly, hospitable staff, as you mentioned. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel amenities, including the free hot and cold breakfast, fitness center, and the outdoor jogging routes. Yes, the designer did an excellent job with the modern look of the hotel, which we receive numerous positive comments regarding the appearance. I will look at the lighting issue you mentioned and possible solutions. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

After seeing all the great reviews here, I tried to book the Springhill Suites as the hotel for my wedding guests next year. Unfortunately after my correspondence & dealings with Abby and the sales team, I will not be booking 40 rooms here and I strongly encourage future brides & grooms to heed my advice before contemplating the Springhill!

At a wedding expo at my wedding location – The Grounds for Sculpture – I met the sales director Susan who sold us on how great the SHS is for weddings. It sounded great & I promptly set up a meeting with Abby, one of the sales reps.

Let’s just say, she was interesting. We sat with here for an hour and told her all of our requests. I’ll admit some were outlandish, but most were within reason. What was odd was that Abby kept on trying to pit me against my fiance. Almost anytime my fiance would make a request about something that she felt was important, Abby would try to get me to side with her. As if to make my fiance feel like her requests were stupid and/or ridiculous. Sorry, but that’s not going to happen.

For a lot of our other requests, she made it seem like none were a big deal and we could get the things that we were looking for; late checkout, extended breakfast times, extended fire pit hours, continuous shuttle service, etc. She made it seem like these requests wouldn’t be an issue at all. So much so, that I accepted her initial offer of $119 & $129 a night for King & Double Queen rooms. I didn’t even bother to haggle with her because she seemed compromising to me needs… HA!

I got an email after our meeting informing me that they were unable to accommodate the requests that were practically promised to us in person. Talk about a back hand to the face…

Checkout is 11am- no budging & because of that, breakfast cannot be extended past that time. Mind you, breakfast is nothing more than microwaved eggs, cereal & some fruit and bagels/muffins

The firepit will close at 11pm. No one is allowed out there past that time, it’s locked. To make matters worse, I told her that I know people would love to sit outside and smoke a cigar after the wedding. She gave no inkling that this would be an issue. After several emails and trying to get her to compromise on things, she advised me that it wouldn’t matter, as you cant smoke on the property. In person she failed to tell me this, in her initial email she failed to mention this, and only after trying to play hardball did she inform me of this. Again, backhanded sales tactics.

We were told by Susan & again by Abby that you want to book quickly so that you have continuous exclusive use of the shuttle for your wedding. They led me to believe that they would run as many shuttles as needed. That turned into 3 runs each way. Again, misled…

After several emails & them unwilling to budge on any requests, I told them I would be looking elsewhere. I received a cold response back; not even a faint attempt to work with me or slightly meet any of my needs.

I’m now taking 40 rooms elsewhere & I encourage any future bride & groom to think twice about using this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scott b
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

I would like to take a moment to respond to your comments regarding the interaction you had during the sales process. We do have policies regarding the services we offer, and although we are flexible, there are some things we cannot change. The items you mentioned were brought to my attention during the conversations you had with our sales representative. I cannot extend the hours of the patio/fire pit past 11pm, as it is unfair to the other guests who are trying to sleep. We also cannot allow a food vendor truck in the parking lot that you requested at 11pm to serve food to your guests returning from the reception. This also would be a disturbance to our guests.The complimentary shuttle runs for 3 trips to the venue and 3 trips from the venue at the conclusion of the event is our standard. To extend the check out times for 40 rooms was not possible on the particular weekend of your event. I am sorry that we were not able to host your wedding group at our hotel. Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Element Ewing Princeton
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!