“nice hotel”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel looks brand new. Very clean. Free WIFI and breakfast. two minor issues I have noticed. 1. the hotel is located in a newly developed area. There is virtually nothing nearby. 2. It is under the princeton airport flight path. The jetliner flies right over it. I can hear the engine noise. However, I do have a good sleep at night. Probably there is no flight at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for the very good review you posted about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. By maintaining the hotel daily, we keep the hotel (going on 5 years) looking fresh and new. The housekeeping are very proud of the job they do, and as you mentioned the hotel is very clean. Being close to the Trenton Airport is a benefit to travelers visiting our hotel, and they do not have overnight flights. The hotel has a bar and bistro, as well as local restaurants deliver throughout the day and evening. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Walked into a beautiful lobby. The room was beautifully decorated. Very modern and clean. The breakfast bar was the best we have come across in our travels. Well stocked with many choices. We are traveling with a 12 yr old team. They have a very small sauna sized pool. Kids were not happy. The staff was very imposing. Constantly parenting the PARENTS.The bar staff was very mean. No outside beverages were allowed outside of your own rooms. It was very discreet but they were all over you. We were purchasing food and beverages but the bar prices weren on the higher side. The out side fire pit was very nice and relaxing. We had a false alarm fire drill, lost power for 5 hours and a member of our team was asleep and a family came in, they double booked their room! FOR A FAMILY WITH KIDS OR A SPORTS TEAM, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank spryttle
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your youth sports team stay with us. I do apologize for the fire alarm that was activitated by a father who was traveling with 2 small children and he apologized for accidently setting off the alarm. The power outage was caused by a transformer located a half mile from the hotel that failed and caused utility 2000 customers to lose power for 2 1/2 hours, including the hotel. Although you were very pleased with the hotel decor, overall cleanliness, outdoor patio and fire pit, and the free hot and cold breakfast buffet, you were not as happy with a few of the hotel policies. With our New Jersey liquor license, we do not allow alcohol not purchased in the hotel to be consumed in the lobby and bar areas. This is to protect the license according to state laws. The hotel staff will report to parents when children are disturbing other guests which I understand happened and the parents were asked to have the children return to their rooms at the late hour, and they did. Again, I appreciate your feedback about your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This new hotel is immaculately clean, well appointed with lounge in the lobby, small but adequate fitness center and small indoor pool. Very nice breakfast offered earlier than most hotels. The rooms are large, beds comfortable and separate toilet from shower area a plus. Highpoint of this hotel was not the facility which was excellent but the staff who went out of their way to make my stay like home. Not many restaurants near but good access to highways. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Princeton area.

Room Tip: Room with a walk in shower was a real plus. No climbing over the tub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I certainly appreciate your observations regarding the overall hotel cleanliness, as the housekeeping staff works hard every day to keep the hotel looking fresh and new. The hotel is easily accessible from the major highways and to Princeton. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel amenities including the fitness center, indoor pool, and the free hot and cold healthy breakfast. We look forward to being of service to you on your future visits to Princeton.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I travel to the Princeton area frequently and have stayed in most of the hotels. This is the best of the bunch. Better than all the hotels on Route 1. I have stayed at Elements a bunch of times and I find Springhill to be better. Clean and well-maintained room. Modern design and wonderful bathroom with shower and sink in one room and toilet and another sink in the other. Bed was good. Front desk professional and friendly. Free breakfast was extensive, but pretty standard selections. My only gripe was that my room smelled musty. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the very positive review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/ Princeton South. Yes, we are an easy drive to Princeton, and close to a variety of restaurants and shops. I appreciate your comments about our very clean and well maintained hotel, serviced by a group of friendly and professional co-workers who try and exceed all guests expectations. The stylish design is a favorite of our guests, who feel comfotable and relaxed during their stay. The complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast is enjoyed by our guests, along with free wifi throughout the hotel. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to Princeton.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were travelling to visit family, and had a large, comfortable room. The breakfast was great, and the location was perfect for where we needed to be. I will definitely book a room here again. The pool is super small, and the hotel is in an office park, so if you're looking for a spot for little kids this might not be a great choice, but otherwise it was a really good spot. It is near a small municipal airport, and you can hear outside noise -- I heard the birds and some guests who were sitting around the outside firepit in the evening -- but that could probably be dealt with by picking a room in another location.

Room Tip: I'd try to stay away from the front of the hotel....not sure if the airport landing strip is on...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hecsta
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I really appreciate the outstanding review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. Seeing the suites are 25% larger than a regular guest room, it was perfect for you and your family. The split bathrooms are unique, and appreciated by families. The complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast is a great start for the day, and saves a family money. The fire pit is enjoyed by many of our hotel guests, and we have put in time limits for when to close off that area. We look forward to being of service to you on your next trip to the Ewing area.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

As a platinum Marriott member I usually try to stay at full service hotels, but I booked this SpringHill Suites on a whim. I was presently surprised. Loved the look of the trendy rooms, with the sliding doors of the bathroom, the separation of the toilet with mini sink from the shower and full sink. The room was set up in a chic yet comfortable way with a living room space and ample room for a temporary office. I enjoyed this room more than many of the upgraded suites at full service hotels that I have received over my travels. Breakfast was great as well. Much more than the traditional continental items. Lots of fruit choices, eggs with all the fixin's, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Very pleased! Also liked the bar set up they had at night for a quick night cap. The indoor pool with the the rain feature, was unlike anything I had seen before, many I need to stay at moire SpringHill Suites...I received excellent service as well. For the value of this hotel, I received a full service stay!

Bottom line - I will be back!!! I would recommend for business travels & families alike!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I see you were impressed with the stylish and comfortable guest rooms with plenty of work space and free wifi. The plush mattresses and bedding packages provide a great nights' sleep. I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast buffet; as well as the evening bar and light fare food menu. The staff does provide outstanding friendly service, that exceed guests' expectations. With the great price you said, we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been staying for the past couple of years at the Element in Ewing, NJ just a few minutes away from this hotel. I recently decided to try the Springhill Suites and I'm glad I did!! The front desk staff was warm and friendly, the hotel is new (in the past couple of years) and the rooms are nicely appointed. There is only one room type at the hotel, so the only choice is King bed or two doubles. There is a mini-fridge and microwave in each room along with a separate couch and desk area...living room esq feel. The bathroom is a split plan with the toilet having it's own private area from the shower/sink area. This comes in really handy for families or those traveling with someone else. There is a bar/restaurant area in the hotel with food available until 10 pm and the bar open until midnight. Breakfast is included each morning and it's a very nice selection ranging from fresh seasonal fruit, hot and cold cereals, eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc. There is something for every type of breakfast eater.

I'm looking forward to my next stay at this hotel and I'm now "converted" to Springhill Suites!!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, the only options is the bed type...King or Two Doubles
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for the great , positive review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing, and we are pleased to be servicing you on all of your visits to our area. The friendly front desk staff know the meaning of hospitality, and they enjoy taking care of our guests. The guest rooms are 25% larger than a typical guest room, keeping the traveler in mind with the stylish design. All rooms have a pull out couch, along with the refrigerator and microwave. Complimentary wi-fi, free hot and cold healthy breakfast, a bistro and bar, are a few of our features. I Iook forward to meeting you on your next visit. If I can answer any questions, please email me at pat.brogan@marriott.com. We'll see you soon.
Patrick Brogan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!