“My Kids now compare every Hotel to this one!”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were flying into TTN airport and looking for a hotel that provided a shuttle. There were other less expensive hotels that provided a shuttle but shuttle service ended early and I had a late flight, and this hotel offered me a free shuttle to the train station the next day. The shuttle arrived quickly after we called and even offered to bring my husband out of the way to a local store. The room was 5 star quality. My children are 9, 6 & 4 and there was plenty of room for them on the pull out couch, it was like they had their own apartment. There were 2 sinks and a separate toilet area. The beds were super comfortable and everything was clean and toiletries of the best quality. Breakfast was awesome, bacon and fresh fruit, what more could you want, and it was clean.
I was a little disappointed in the pool, it looked a lot bigger online but it served the purpose and the kids loved the sprinkler from the ceiling.
Staff was always friendly, and as I said in my title, every hotel we have entered since have been met with sighs from my children because it doesn't compare with this one.
If we fly into this airport again we will definitely book this hotel. Fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I want to thank you for the awesome review about the SpringHill Suites Trenton/Princeton South. I am glad you chose our hotel and used our amenity of free van service to and from the Trenton Airport and local train station. The guest rooms that are 25% larger than a normal guest room with 2 bathrooms are perfect for traveling families. I am pleased you were impressed with the overal hotel cleanliness and comfortable beds. The free hot and cold breakfast is great for families. The size of the pool seems to still work for our guests' enjoyment. The water is alway wet. We certainly hope you travel to Ewing in the future, so we can service you and your family again. We too feel we are the best hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had a good stay here. It was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and staff was great. Not located near noisy roads or living areas. The suite was nice. Good internet and TV Service. The hotel is local to the NJ state police museum which recommended. You can evidence from the Lindbergh case there .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased you were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the hotel; as well as the friendly staff. We recently upgraded the internet service, which you found to be excellent. We are close to many historical attractions, and I see you visited a few. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My now spouse and I needed a large hotel to accommodate many out of town guests at a reasonable rate. We were offered two great rates per night and given info cards to include in the invitations. All of this was very helpful for us since neither had planned a party of this magnitude before. I checked in to one room that we used and really liked the design including pocket doors to the bathroom and separate shower area that added to the modern and efficient look of the room. the halls are bright and really clean. When I arrived the desk had already set out a sign for our guests welcoming them. The general manager greeted and welcomed us when we arrived. We had a large enough group to qualify for two shuttles to and from the wedding venue. We had to separate each by and hour and were accommodated to have the second return shuttle leave 2 hours after the first so people could walk around Lambertville/New Hope if they desired. the shuttle could fit 10 which seemed small at first but it turned out perfect for the number of people that used it. There was a first come first served sign up sheet at the lobby counter as part of our welcome area. The hotel also had pre printed directions to the wedding ready and added my schedule of events to hand out to guests as they arrived. it was a day affair and rented the inspire room for the evening. At first look it was a dull meeting room but they set up chairs and the tables to our request and with a few table clothes bright plates/cups and about 16 pizzas from a recommended local pizza place, we had a nice evening event for those who stayed for a second night and did not venture out. the staff helped us with the trash and for 100$ we had a nice room for 3 hours. We were told from the beginning of the booking that outside alcohol is not allowed in the common areas and some of our guests did try and bring drinks down and were firmly but politely told that they needed to bring it back to their room. the staff had a couple of rowdy folks and again firmly but not nastily reinforced the policies. We were given speakers to connect to my IPAD for some music in the inspire room and our guests used the outdoor fire pit area to hang out and mingle until 11pm when the outdoor area closed down. I did not realize that pool was on the small side but the small children and their parents still enjoyed it and it had a rain feature that was neat. The few airplanes in the afternoon were a surprise but I don't remember any noise from them or any planes flying overhead during the evening/night hours. Overall it was a great place for our family and friends to spend time, get to know each other better and enjoy the weekend. thanks to Abby, Brittany and the desk/housekeeping/maintenance staff, who unfortunately in the whirlwind of the weekend, the names I can't remember.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I want to first congratulate you on your recent marriage, and it was our pleasure to host you and your family and friends for your special event. I am very proud of our team, as you seemed to totally enjoy your experience with us. The housekeeping co-workers do a great job in the overall hotel cleanliness from when you enter the lobby, the guest rooms, and all other areas of the hotel. s you mentioned, the hotel is very well maintained by our maintenance staff. Your hotel contacts, Abby and Brittany, certainly anticipate everyone's needs in order to have a weekend without any problems or stress. I am pleased by your comments that the evening staff were very accomadating, and kepts things orderly, in a professional manner. We hope to see you again when you are in our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in at midnight for a 539 am flight. Called two days prior to make sure they had shuttle service. Was told in the phone they did and the gentleman listed the times which would work out well for us. The area is pretty desolate. Not a lot if cabs small airport etc. upon check in we are told by the front desk woman their shuttles were all full for the morning. We should had called in advance. Than the shuttle man appears from the back room and let's us know we absolutely cannot get on the shuttle. I offered to split us up in two groups. He said that wasn't going to work. ( there were 3 of us). So I said how the heck do we get to the airport at 530? He replied not my problem.... Can't help you! What a jerk. No offer of some sort of cab service. I said I'll pay you to make an extra trip. No.... We can't help you. Unbelievable. Arguing with a customer. Never stay there again!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank maggie t
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I am in receipt of your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. In reviewing our van reservation log book for the morning and time you requested van service, I did see that the van already was full with guest reservations and we were unable to add any more passengers. The staff did offer to drive you at 4:30am, but you had said it was too early. I am sorry we were not able to add you to the times you needed. I appreciate your feedback.

Pat Brogan

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel looks brand new. Very clean. Free WIFI and breakfast. two minor issues I have noticed. 1. the hotel is located in a newly developed area. There is virtually nothing nearby. 2. It is under the princeton airport flight path. The jetliner flies right over it. I can hear the engine noise. However, I do have a good sleep at night. Probably there is no flight at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for the very good review you posted about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. By maintaining the hotel daily, we keep the hotel (going on 5 years) looking fresh and new. The housekeeping are very proud of the job they do, and as you mentioned the hotel is very clean. Being close to the Trenton Airport is a benefit to travelers visiting our hotel, and they do not have overnight flights. The hotel has a bar and bistro, as well as local restaurants deliver throughout the day and evening. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Walked into a beautiful lobby. The room was beautifully decorated. Very modern and clean. The breakfast bar was the best we have come across in our travels. Well stocked with many choices. We are traveling with a 12 yr old team. They have a very small sauna sized pool. Kids were not happy. The staff was very imposing. Constantly parenting the PARENTS.The bar staff was very mean. No outside beverages were allowed outside of your own rooms. It was very discreet but they were all over you. We were purchasing food and beverages but the bar prices weren on the higher side. The out side fire pit was very nice and relaxing. We had a false alarm fire drill, lost power for 5 hours and a member of our team was asleep and a family came in, they double booked their room! FOR A FAMILY WITH KIDS OR A SPORTS TEAM, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank spryttle
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your youth sports team stay with us. I do apologize for the fire alarm that was activitated by a father who was traveling with 2 small children and he apologized for accidently setting off the alarm. The power outage was caused by a transformer located a half mile from the hotel that failed and caused utility 2000 customers to lose power for 2 1/2 hours, including the hotel. Although you were very pleased with the hotel decor, overall cleanliness, outdoor patio and fire pit, and the free hot and cold breakfast buffet, you were not as happy with a few of the hotel policies. With our New Jersey liquor license, we do not allow alcohol not purchased in the hotel to be consumed in the lobby and bar areas. This is to protect the license according to state laws. The hotel staff will report to parents when children are disturbing other guests which I understand happened and the parents were asked to have the children return to their rooms at the late hour, and they did. Again, I appreciate your feedback about your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This new hotel is immaculately clean, well appointed with lounge in the lobby, small but adequate fitness center and small indoor pool. Very nice breakfast offered earlier than most hotels. The rooms are large, beds comfortable and separate toilet from shower area a plus. Highpoint of this hotel was not the facility which was excellent but the staff who went out of their way to make my stay like home. Not many restaurants near but good access to highways. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Princeton area.

Room Tip: Room with a walk in shower was a real plus. No climbing over the tub.