“Never disappoints”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
New York City, New York
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I've stayed here many times before, and I'm never disappointed. My stays range from 1 night to the most, four nights in a row. This stay was overnight. I was assigned the last available "Executive" room, as I arrived around 8pm. It was an accessible room. This room's layout was much different than any other I've stayed in, it was "railroad" style in that one room ran into each other off a long hallway. The bathroom had a wheelchair accessible shower, which meant no glass doors. This was fine. The vanity had no area on the top, so if this is important to you do not take the accessible room. Since I stay for business, i like the normal layout where I can see the TV from wherever I am. That's not the case with this room. Still, it was HUGE compared to most of the other rooms I've stayed at in this hotel.

The room was, as always, spotless. The service at the front desk was courteous; they always remember me as well. The refrigerators in the for-purchase snack area were broken, so there wasn't any cold drinks to purchase. The front desk clerk brought me over to the hotel kitchen, where I was able to pick out a few soft drinks, gratis.

I appreciate the fact that they have a "to go" style breakfast in the am, but I'd like to see more of a hot food selection.

Still, I love staying at the Element; I'll be back later this month and next as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators; the "ding" is really way too loud!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dunedin, FL
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Let me start by saying, I love this hotel! I've been staying here since they opened two years ago. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious whether you book a studio or one-bedroom with lots of closet space. All rooms have a fully equipped galley kitchen will full size refrigerator/freezer, mircowave, a cooktop and toaster. While there is no restaurant on site, the hotel next door has one. This hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast with a variety of pastries, fruit, breakfast sandwiches, cereal and juices. Every evening there is a manager's reception for one hour with complimentary wine and beer and snacks from a local area restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms have a desk area which makes working from the room very easy and comfortable. The one-bed...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank itrvlfar
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I had an appointment in Newtown, PA the next morning and knowing that the Hilton properties in the area are pretty boring, I went to my second choice (Starwood) and booked Element. I love everything about it! Yes, it's newer and I had never stayed at an Element before so I could have just been taken in by the novelty of it all but I don't think so. The lobby is amazing. Lot of soaring space and incredibly open. Fitness center is the best I've seen at a "limited" service hotel. Rooms are incredibly spacious with a huge seating area and kitchen. The work space was a bit cramped but I can get past that since everything else was so nice. Bathroom has a very "green" approach and I loved the rectangular shower head. And the bed.....OH SO COMFY! They offer free breakfast in the morning and it's got to be one of the best free breakfasts offered. I had a delicious egg sandwich on a pretzel bun and a tasty mango smoothie. No mystery meat like Hampton Inn serves.
Starwood needs more Elements across the country. It would make me leave Hilton in a second!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Newly spacious room. However during stay in the beginning of October this year I suffered bed bugs.
I have asked the hotel to show their extermination report which they had originally commited to provide me. But in vain. I have felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank T A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

First time at the Element. Can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff, the great rooms, amazing beds, pool, hot tub and convenient location. We've been coming to the area to visit relatives formany years and this is THE best hotel in the area. The Element is pet-friendly which is a big plus.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have stayed at the Element Hotel several times in the past year. It's a gorgeous new place, very "green" and environmentally conscious. The rooms are well-appointed with a full kitchen and practically every cooking appliance you could imagine. I'm fond of the breakfasts. Self-serve, with real dishes, and (usually) healthful options. This last morning was the day after Thanksgiving. I guess the cook didn't show up, nor the back-up cook, and there was literally nothing out for breakfast except a few cold small bagels and junky cereal (no milk). They normally have fresh-cut fruit and hot egg/cheese/bacon rollups or English muffins, but not this day. Really messed up our plans because we were not counting on stopping to eat.

What made me most angry was that at the time I booked the room well in advance, I got a base rate of $159/night; which they told me was nonrefundable and nonchangeable. A few weeks later I got an email from Starwood (parent company) citing a $99 rate at this property. So for a three-day stay I overpaid by $180. When I complained at the desk, I was told that although Starwood owns Element, they don't follow the same rules, and basically, I was not getting a rate adjustment. They supposedly gave me a few extra frequent traveler points, but I cannot pull up my account (never could), and the invoice they emailed me says I have a balance of zero points. When I call Starwood, they act as if I'm bothering them, so I doubt we'll ever stay here again. Shame. With a little customer service, and communication with the home office, Element would be a home run.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine P
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Was at the elemement right before the Thanksgiving holiday, hotel was busy, staff did great, hotel clean well run, will be back soon !

• Stayed November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!