Element Ewing Princeton
US$83
US$89
US$87
Priceline
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown(Yardley)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$81
US$271
US$165
Travelocity
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$81
Red Roof
All reviewsfull kitchenrain showerhot tubyogurtone bedroom suitewalk in showeryoung kidswater pressureextended stayhotel is cleanfree breakfasttrenton airportbucks countysesame placethe room was nicebeer and winemodern decor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I always stay here when visiting our NJ office. The room is always very clean and well appointed; I never have to ask for anything.

Lately, tho, the air conditioning/room temp is difficult to control. The thermostat reads one thing yet it clearly isn't cooling down to that temperature.

The lobby area looks very stark lately; all the decorative items have been removed from the space. The offerings at the "manager's reception" at night is getting sparser, as are the breakfast items. There really are no options for food at this hotel, so these items become vitally important to your stay as a business traveler.

Still, the value (through a corporate rate) and comfortable room and beds make this an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor; the air conditioning works better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Up4travel,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and recommendation. We do have a rotational menu for both the relax receptions Monday-Thursday evenings and breakfast daily. We should always have the brand required offerings and would love for you to reach out to me directly so I can do some further research to look at your recent stays and see where we fallen short. We are in process currently of updating some of our lobby accessories and appreciate your candid feedback.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me @lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.
Thank you!
Lori

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My son recently graduated from TCNJ and we chose Element as our hotel for 2 nights. We had two rooms, one for our two sons and one for us. We chose the hotel for it's proximity to the college, the membership points and for the whole "green" concept. It is a Leed certified hotel and offers a place to plug in your electric automobile, if you have one.
Check in was easy. It was about 9 pm, there was one person checking in before us, no more than a 3 minute wait. Matt, at the check in desk was cordial and pleasant. The hotel was sold out and although we had a king without a full kitchen reserved, Matt asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a 2 queen with a full kitchen. We declined, because we really wanted the king bed (our boys had 2 queens with a full kitchen and we knew they would not be using the kitchen and neither would we). A few minutes later, Matt stated that there were no regular king rooms left and that he would have to upgrade us to a king with a full kitchen at no charge. Ok, that worked out nicely.
The room is nicely done, in my opinion. It is a little minimalist, but has clean lines and is pretty modern looking. The bed is extremely comfortable. The kitchen is a full kitchen with everything you would need, especially if you were staying for more than a few nights and wanted to cook some of your own meals. There is a full size refrigerator and dishwasher, along with a microwave and 2 electric burners. Plates, silverware, glassware, coffeemaker, etc.
The bathroom is very nice (although only had one sink), with a lot of counter space and a very spacious shower. The toilet has two settings for a full or partial flush...good idea.
Breakfast was decent, with very good coffee, different hot sandwiches each day, yogurt, fruit, toast, cereal, juice, etc. Not too bad at all.
There are bikes to take out, if you want to take a ride, which was a nice touch.
The reasons it gets a 4 instead of a five are as follows. Whoever was in the room above us, walked around all night the first night we were there, back and forth and it was very loud. My husband wakes up for nothing and he even woke up.
Although it is modern and looks clean, not everything is as it seems. When rotating the tv to a position by the kitchen, there was a lot of dust under it. I guess no one rotates it that far, but it looked like it wasn't dusted in a while. Also, the floor in our room was sticky and I had to put my shoes on to walk on it. Nothing major that would ruin a trip, just little things that were left out.
As far as being green, well, that's subjective. The shower head was a rain shower type, great look, but it took me forever to get the shampoo and then the conditioner out of my hair, thus using way too much water, even using the little hand held gadget with more pressure. I hung the towels up, so that we could reuse them and they were taken away and replaced with new towels and the least green thing was that all of our two glasses, one knife, one plate and one bowl were put in the dishwasher. Now, that made no sense to me. Even at home, I wait until I have a full load before running the dishwasher.
I would have had no issue with any of these "green" things if the hotel did not boast about being an environmentally conscious hotel.
Overall, the hotel was fine. The price was reasonable, the staff were very nice and accomodating and the rooms were much better than average. I look at the whole picture and we had a very nice stay here. We weren't in our rooms very much over the 2 nights we were there, and the hotel was just fine for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Walker1887,
Thank you for taking the time to share all of your observations about our hotel. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. Congratulations on your son's graduation!
Feedback is so important and I promise that we will share with our team. We have a few new staff members and some details that we need to work on with training to ensure that we live up to our eco friendly initiatives.
Lori Simpson

Reviewed 13 May 2013

stayed 3 nights for a soccer tournament...Very clean hotel....And very comfortable beds...Rooms are equipped with a kitchen and large fridge...Perfect for travelling with your family...We cooked dinner one night,...I found that a great way to save a bit of money travelling with 3 children..Breakfast was easy and perfect for our family,as we do not eat anything too heavy in the morning..bathrooms are very modern and spacious...Loved the shower...VERY clean! Worked out in the gym...Small but it did the job! Pool was also small,but the kids did not mind. Hotel is located away from immediate shopping...So you must drive to get anywhere...Quaker Bridge Mall is about 10km away...Small Mall,however we did drive about 35km to a larger mall Bridge Commons Mall...Huge mall with 3 levels...

Over all a great hotel...No bar or restaurant,however perfect for us travelling with children..

Room Tip: they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Harrington1000,
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your weekend. Please keep us in mind for any future soccer events.

Lori Simpson

Reviewed 7 May 2013

20 minutes from downtown Princeton, this hotel is set just across from the local airport. Sleek, very green and euro. Rooms are spartan but very comfortable and have everything one might need for a business trip stay. Hotel is clean and well kept and had a nice fitness center. Beds were remarkably comfortable. The one oddity was that we thought we might need to spend a second night (we had booked the first night via Hotels.com for a slightly better rate). We were told they would not honor the rate and we would need to check out, rebook online and then check back in. Kind of bizarre - I figured with so many other hotels in the area (Residence Inn, Spring Hill Suites etc) they would want to encourage loyalty. Turned out we did not have to stay the second night - so issue resolved! Just kind of a strange response.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Travelgal62111,
Thank you for your review. It is great that you enjoyed our hotel and especially our Heavenly Beds by Westin! I apologize for the confusion with the extra night. This should have been very easy to execute for our staff and there are extra steps they take for third party resevations and billing but should have made this process seamless for you.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Lori

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Spent a full day and night at this nice looking hotel. BUT very "minimalist", if you like that sort of thing. Essentially no carpeting or heavy drapes, very loud/echoey lobby area, wood laminate flooring in rooms. All the spaces looked quite clean but to me at least (not my colleagues) there seemed to be just a touch of "uncleanliness". It's easy to have something "look" clean when there are few things around but I just didn't feel 100% comfortable with the cleanliness (for example the coffee station in the lobby needed a good wipedown and the toilet seat in my room was - ahem - a bit "dirty" which I (ugh) didn't notice until the next morning! MANAGER LISTENING?). And, after a long trip, I was looking forward to a quick meal in my room so that I could get back to work. Nix on that: NO ROOM SERVICE. I don't think it says so on the hotel website but maybe I missed it?? Anyway, was not pleased upon hearing that. HOWEVER, I will now get to the good parts. The front desk clerk, Brian, I believe, who checked me in was VERY polite, professional, and accommodating. He provided menus for take out restaurants nearby (NOT WITHIN EASY WALKING DISTANCE), he made a fresh pot of coffee for me (the coffee station in the lobby), and pointed out the hotel amenities which do include free Wi-Fi . Also, there was a complimentary breakfast bar in the lobby in the morning which was actually quite nice, with hot and cold selections. Overall the room was quiet and I got a decent sleep (the bed was very comfortable). The room also had a nice work station (with all sorts of peripheral hook up capabilities!!) and a small kitchenette area with microwave, refrigerator, sink, place settings, etc!! The bathroom was nice with lots of useful surface area but like I said, that too didn't feel quite "clean" to me, even before my little "discovery". Fitness area off the lobby and a very nice outdoor seating area. In part because of the free wifi throughout, I guess, there was a group of students in the lobby who occupied the center area for literally the entire time I was there even ordering in meals to that area. Our small group also did use the lobby area to try to work too. We would have preferred a meeting room (ARE YOU LISTENING MANAGEMENT?) but were told since it was a weekend that "no one was around" who could take care of that request (HUH?) and that it didn't matter since the "room was dirty anyway", I was told by a different desk clerk (double "HUH?!"). So we had to try to do what we needed to do in the loud echoey lobby without trying to infringe too much on those around us. All in all the group consensus was favorable but after 3 years or so of being open, I would think the kinks should be ironed out and I'm wondering if room service is planned on being offered? If I stay there again I might ask to inspect my room first so that I can be comfortable with the clean feel.

2  Thank MPNYCtraveler

Dear MPNYC Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We always need to be lsitening to our guests and appreciate your candid feedback.
Please accept my apologies for the challenges that you encountered. We do provide a light reception during the weekdays (Mon-Thurs) for our guests but have no evening food or beverage service on weekend nights. We try to make sure we have plenty of offerings in our Restore area and through local delivery. There are some good choices.
Your room should always be impeccably clean and I promise that I will review your concerns with team.
We did have a large group last weekend that had our meeting room booked for several functions. I will work with our team on handling inquiries. I am not sure why there was a challenge with this communication.
We did have a group of students studying for their finals this week and leaving hotel. I wish that we had found room for you to be comfortable.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any additionla assistance.
Lori Simpson lori.simpson@hhmlp.com