“Great Family Reunion!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Pennington
“Great Family Reunion!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My sisters and I selected Element of Ewing and Princeton to provide accommodations for our out-of-town guests attending our parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration this past weekend. And although local, we arranged for our parents to stay at the Element so that they were able to extend their visit with family and friends over breakfast the following morning! Each and every guest has commented to us how nice the accommodations and good the complimentary breakfast and common area environment were. Area Sales Manager, Ashley Michalak, was extremely helpful throughout the process and all desk staff were more than accommodating. We will certainly recommend the Element to friends and family visiting the area in future!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear MicheleAS66,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We love to be part of great memories and so thrilled that your parent's 50th celebration was with us. I will pass on compliments to Ashley and please keep us in mind for any future needs.
Lori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Beneath the supposed modern and chic facade is a building designed more like a condo with staff that can be a little bit brusque. i had a one br suite that was a bit small and right above the entrance. I heard everything outside - conversations, car doors slamming. There was no true black out curtains so light came in in the AM. The bed was a bit too firm and the sheets were kind of beat up. The floors felt dirty underfoot. There was very little water pressure in the fancy bathroom. Breakfast was terrible. Dont even bother. I'll try Springhill Suites next time.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear wanderlust2007,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I wish that I had the opportunity to resolve your concerns during your visit and that you had a better experience. Our one bedroom suites are 448 sq. feet and are located throughout our building. All rooms are equipped with black out drapes and I am not sure what happened during your visit. We really want all of our guests to enjoy their experiences at our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at lori.simpson@hhmlp.com or (609) 718-1403. I would really like an opportunity to resolve.

Grimsby
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We chose this hotel as it offered a kitchenette as our "hub" while visiting Sesame Place. We visited during a nasty heat wave (July 18 - 20, 2013) which didn't start our vacation off on the right foot! The hotel was very clean and modern and check-in was easy. We had a few small glitches with our room, unfortunately the A/C wasn't working and the room was very humid / hot. A few trips down to the front desk to get a service man up - eventually around 9:00 p.m. they opted to have us change rooms. Although it was a bit of an inconvenience the experience was wonderful - the manager (Marcus) came up and helped my husband pack up and move all of our items into the next room. He was incredibly friendly and went out of his way to talk to our young kids - he was a great help!
The second room was fine, no issues! Our experience with the hotel staff was great - we made good use of the indoor saltwater pool (which was clean and well maintained). The free breakfast was always good - had a lot of items the boys enjoyed (3 and 5 so it's sometimes hard to find things little ones will eat - hence the reason behind booking this hotel because of the kitchenette). Staff was always friendly and greeted us with a smile each time we passed them in the halls. Beds were comfortable, sheets and linens were spotless, bathroom was huge and spotless (shower was amazing - not great for bathing two young kids but we made do!) housekeeping did a great job and every afternoon when we returned from Sesame the room was in tip top shape, not a crumb to be found!

All in all I'd recommend this hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to book it again when we return to Sesame Place. The professionalism of the staff (especially Marcus) is probably the main reason why we'd come back!

1 Thank Kaylan_E
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Kaylan E,
We appreciate the recommendation and review! I am excited that Marcus took such great care of you and you were able to enjoy the visit and time at Sesame. Our suites are perfect for families travelling to Sesame Place.
We are grateful for your understanding and assistance with move during your stay. Our goal is for each and every guest to have a wonderful experience. At times, things do happen and we really strive to make sure any issues are remedied quickly and our guests feel well taken care of.
We hope to see you for your next trip to the area!
Vermont
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Although a bit out of the way, I would choose to stay at the Element in Ewing over other hotels in the area due to price, the size of the room and the cleanliness. The studio was huge with high ceilings and a cute kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable, but the best part was the rainfall shower. It was fantastic... one of the best showers I've ever had.

The only downside of the stay was breakfast. Both days the breakfast was minimal and on one of the days, all of the coffee pots (maybe four of them) were empty with no one around to fill them. Not a huge deal, but it's something basic that could be improved upon. I would have also liked to have seen some yogurt without artificial sweeteners (maybe Stonyfield or Chobani?)

Overall a great stay! Will visit again on future trips to the area for the spacious, comfortable room and the awesome shower.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelLikeaLocalVT
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Erinmacker,
Thank you for the recommendation. The Westin Heavenly Shower is without a doubt one of our guests favorite features along with our fabulous beds.
Coffee is so important to us all and I will definitely work with team to make sure that we are not running out at any point. I cannot survive without it and realize how important this is.
We hope that you will find us again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Arrived late in evening with 2 kids and had expected connecting rooms, but had not been done. As a Platinum SPG member I was frustrated, but the evening front desk person, Wayne, was extremely understanding and while he could not solve the issue he had done what he could to improve the situation - very professional. Next morning Hotel manager was aware of the issue and took steps to make sure I was spoken to and offered a compensation for concerns without any prompting - had not expected anything ad was very pleased my concerns taken so seriously.

On the hotel, have never seen as many people cleaning in the morning. Hotel was spotless as were the rooms. My tow boys, 11 and 13, loved their room - they stay at Starwood hotels all the time with my points, and they really liked this hotel. Breakfast is simple but absolutely fine

WIll be back if in area again and looking out for Element hotels when I travel, especially with my family.

Rare that a hotel had made a mistake but goes the extra mile to resolve to the point where a possibly bas experience was turned around into a very positive interaction. General Manager, Lori, certainly knows how to handle issues - thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Mark,
Thank you for your kind words. We realize that "things happen" and really strive to make sure that we focus on resolving concerns and taking care of our guests.
I very much appreciate your understanding and certainly look forward to you becoming a loyal Element guest!
Delaware
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend. The hotel website and reviews had me looking forward to staying. Wow, what a disappointment. We were able to check in a little early and that was nice. When we got to our room it wasn't exactly the cleanest. I was really unhappy with an old burn mark on the duvet and a few stains on the sheets. They were obviously laundered but they needed to be retired. I was so grossed out. The floors thru out needed swept. The room itself was a decent size and came with nice amenities. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Again... Gross. When I went to wash my face that evening as I wet my wash cloth I could see the stain of foundation. It had obviously been laundered but should not have still be in circulation. I had just had surgery on my lip and I could not bring myself to wash my face with it. Yuck. We had our room and bedding done the next day and there was great improvement in the cleanliness and we had NOT complained.
The first night we had a large group on our floor that had several rooms. They were up and loud well past midnight. We finally called down to the desk at 12:30. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun but what about my weekend getaway. They probably should have put people away from a large group expecting some noise. Night two a strange dinging went off at dawn for several minutes. We have no idea still what that was. So glad to be up so early. Night three... Fire alarm 3:15am. We evacuated and basically paraded around and back in the front door in a line. I'm very glad there was no fire but an explanation or apology...anything.
Heavenly bed...regular bed.
Spa shower...decent
Toiletries... Shampoo is a 2n1 and does not come out of hair easily. No frizz but somewhat of an oil slick on your head.
Breakfast...yuck.
Staff does not care about you and does not have pride in their hotel or their work. I can't believe this is a Westin hotel. I've been to Europe and stayed in many hotels there. This was not even close.

• Stayed July 2013
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear LauraO,
Thank you for sharing this feedback. I would like to convey my sincere apologies for the problems that you experienced. This is definitely not our normal standards and understand your disappointment. You mentioned that housekeeping improved the next day without you reporting the issue. We do care deeply about delivering great service and truly want to hear about issues when encountered so that we can correct this whenever possible while you are still in-house and can enjoy the remainder of your stay.
We did have a large family reunion last weekend and we did try to make sure almost all rooms were close by each other and guests not affiliated with this group were on other floors.
I would really like an opportunity to speak with you further. Please contact me via email or telephone. Lori.simpson@hhmlp.com or (609) 718-1403.
I hope to hear from you.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is my third stay at the Element and I must say I was disappointed this trip. My biggest complaint is the housekeeping. We were there for 6 days and the floors in the elevator and hallway were dirty the entire time. The housekeepers are using some kind of cleaner on the chairs in the dining area that leave the a horrible sticky film. There were 3 of us and we had to ask for additional washcloths or blankets every day. One of the comforters had a horrible smell. The housekeeper took it but didn't leave a clean one. The sofa bed is on springs with no mattress pad. So much for the extra sleeping space. Breakfast was so-so.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear ToniC,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet our service standards during this visit and promise you that I will review with our team. Cleanliness and consistency is critically important for our success and for a guest that has been here several days, any issues should have been resolved. I wish that I would have an opportunity to speak with you and resolve while you were here. Please contact me directly at lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.
I see that you have stayed here a few times before and would like a chance to redeem ourselves.
I hope to hear from you!
Lori Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!