“A very comfortable business stay”

Element Ewing Princeton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
London, United Kingdom
“A very comfortable business stay”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was here on business, for which the Element was the perfect hotel.
The room was very comfy, and having a small kitchenette made it very practical when staying a few nights.
Breakfast was perfect- plenty of selection
The gym and pool facilities looked good although I didn't get chance to use them.
Would fully recommend for other business guests.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid room 102- the lights from the pool were a bit much and meant you could be overlooked in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Turn81,
Thank you for the review and recommendation!

Lori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Sleek, contemporary design. Very attentive and helpful front desk staff. Very roomy. Awesome shower! Excellent amenities. Gym and pool are fantastic. Full breakfast included. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear lss227,
Wow! Thank you for the recommendation and comments. Our Westin Heavenly shower is a feature that keeps many guests coming back. Many of our guests enjoy the fitness room and I would defintely consider it the best in all of the area hotels.
We hope that you will return again soon and appreciate your feedback.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 September 2013

luv it! Our studio king had a full kitchen and living space that is clean, well stocked and simply relaxing. the staff are nice and accommodating. They even had complimentary drinks in the lobby. The rates are unbeatable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nacio,
Thank you for your review. There is nothing I like to hear more than a guest that loves our hotel!
We certainly hope that you will be back again and please do not hesitate to recommend us to those folks that are not familiar with our Element brand.
Thank you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was happy to find this hotel near a rural wedding we were attending. There wasn't much else in the area that didn't require a drive, but the hotel was an oasis of environmentally-conscious amenities. The room was spacious and arranged well. The bathroom was large, including the shower. The breakfast buffet was a little crowded (I think they could've made better use of that space), but plentiful and a tasty and healthy way to start the day. If in the area again I'd definitely seek it out.

• Stayed August 2013
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Elliebd,
Thank you for the review and fabulous comments! We certainly hope that you keep us in mind should you return to the area.
Houston
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is my fourth time staying at the Element in Ewing (Trenton), and this is a follow up review to the one I posted on May 27th of 2013.

The hotel continues to be a good value for the money, but not any cheaper or more expensive than other hotels in the area, particularly if your business is near Princeton, for which the Doubletree or Hyatt Place would be similar but closer options. When compared to them, the Element has rooms that feel larger due to the high ceilings in each room, offers a limited kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, and full size refrigerator which the others do not have, is newer in terms of construction or refurbishing dates, and has about the same offerings in terms of breakfast but of higher quality than the also free breakfast at the Hyatt Place (the Doubletree charges quite a bit for it but has more variety). The friendliness of the staff is best at the Element, slightly less so at the Doubletree, and significantly less so at the Hyatt Place.

Where the Element is starting to fall short is on upkeep. From my first visit, where everything in the room worked (except for the air conditioner that couldn't and still can't keep a set temperature), there are now various things that incite concern. On arrival, the key card machine used to imprint access information into room keys was not working, so new guests could not be provided with a key to their room. The front desk manager was forced to walk with each guest to their room so as to open the door with his (or her) master key, every time the guest needed to get back into his or her room. For a person like me that needed to go out and get back into the room three times that day, it proved to be quite a nuisance. Granted, it was a Sunday, and the machine was fixed sometime on Monday, so after the first 24 hours I had a working card that would open my room door.

Entering the room was the second surprise. The entry door appeared to have shifted just a bit so that it was no longer square with the frame. This meant that the front desk manager (who was opening the door for me with his key when no key could be made) had to push on the door with his shoulder so as to get it to budge open. Similarly, the door would not latch closed on its own, so it had to be pulled back into its frame to ensure it had closed. I stayed three nights. On one of the afternoons I came back (the last one), the door had been left ajar, likely by the cleaning staff that neglected to ensure the door was actually closed. Interestingly enough, the front desk manager who opened the door for me on my first arrival mentioned that he'd be getting in touch with facilities given that a non-self-closing door was a theft and fire prevention risk. The door remained the same throughout my stay.

The third, fourth, fifth, and sixth surprises came within the room. The bathroom sink would drain very slowly. Given that these are shallow sinks to start with, opening the faucet had to be done carefully so as to not splash on the water still remaining in the faucet from the prior time the faucet was opened. The refrigerator's freezer fan would come on periodically and make clanking noises, such as those a motor makes when a ball bearing is loose, or when it no longer can muster the torque needed to get started but still somehow manages to turn. This became so annoying at night that I made it a point of turning off the entire fridge at night and then turning it back on in the morning. Although I stayed three nights, toiletries were not refilled. This included no new kleenexes when the almost empty box I started with provided me with its last one, and no new toilet paper when the half roll provided was consumed, prompting a visit to the front desk where the gracious manager on duty provided me with a new toilet paper roll and her own opened box of kleenexes, given she could find no new boxes. And last, the shampoo dispenser in the shower (there are no individual shampoos or soaps for the shower) did not want to dispense its precious contents, other than for a slight drop that would join other drops of shampoo that managed to reach the palm of my hand after pressing the dispenser's button with some gusto quite a few times. A seventh surprise would have been that had I intended to cook or eat something in the room, and that although the room fits four people, there were only three spoons, two knives, and a fork available for use in the kitchen area.

A final surprise came when I noticed dogs in the hallways. Although it may be stated somewhere on the Element's website, I had no idea the hotel was pet friendly. They now have little magnetic stickers that folks place on the outside of their doors to indicate a pet is within. Be advised.

The beds are still fine, the rooms are generally clean, the parking is fairly ample, the breakfast is still ok, and as mentioned the staff is helpful (and apologetic) when so needed, making the stay ok. But these little nuisances (the door being left ajar being the most concerning) have made me reconsider whether I'll instead go to the Doubletree next time around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear BallenitaAzul,
I would like to thank you for your detailed review. I am really glad that you have stayed with us in the past and that you find our team friendly and helpful.
I apologize for the issues you encountered this past stay. Maintenance and upkeep are very important for consistency and ensuring our guests are comfortable and satisfied with their accommodations. I have reviewed your comments with our team and we will work diligently to address the items of concern.
Please let me know when you are travelling to the Princeton area again. I would like an opportunity to make sure you have a perfect stay. Please call me at (609) 718-1403 or email me at lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.
Oakville
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Rooms are large. Have full kitchen. Breakfast has healthy options. Meal & drinks Mon - Thurs evenings.

Pool is indoor, but water was cool.

Staff went beyond the call of duty. Very, very friendly.

Easy 15 minute drive to Sesame Place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear uwo93,
Thank you for your review. We always to hear guests talk about great service and our staff definitely appreciates the recognition. We are conveniently located to Sesame Place and our pricing is considered more reasonable during season than the hotels located closest to Sesame Place.
We hope to see you again for your next trip.
Lori S
Pennington
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My sisters and I selected Element of Ewing and Princeton to provide accommodations for our out-of-town guests attending our parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration this past weekend. And although local, we arranged for our parents to stay at the Element so that they were able to extend their visit with family and friends over breakfast the following morning! Each and every guest has commented to us how nice the accommodations and good the complimentary breakfast and common area environment were. Area Sales Manager, Ashley Michalak, was extremely helpful throughout the process and all desk staff were more than accommodating. We will certainly recommend the Element to friends and family visiting the area in future!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear MicheleAS66,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We love to be part of great memories and so thrilled that your parent's 50th celebration was with us. I will pass on compliments to Ashley and please keep us in mind for any future needs.
Lori
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!