“Modern and Chic”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Los Angeles, California
“Modern and Chic”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

nice room, with kitchenette, almost a full kitchen. Nice contemporary design. cool seating area. I would love to go back again if I ever go there for vacation. I arrived late at night, the hotel was surrounded by trees and the environment was very pleasant. Good complimentary continental breakfast, nothing fancy, good coffee, cereal, some sort of breakfast sandwiches. Business center was in the lobby with printer, I was able to print out my boarding pass for my next flight. All and all was a pleasant surprises. The front desk was very friendly when I was checking in at 11 pm. Good job staff. Oh, sheet wasn't as soft as some other hotels, but that could just be me.

Room Tip: Also ask for a king size room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and decided to stay overnight at the adjacent Marriott Courtyard because they have an indoor pool and jacuzzi. When we arrived at the courtyard we were informed that the pool and jacuzzi were closed due to mechanical problems. We then cancelled our reservation there but we were informed by the front desk that the Element Hotel was across the street, however they weren't sure that they had a pool. We were so disappointed that we figured we would check out the property before heading home. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Element DOES have a pool and Jacuzzi. We took the room and were very satisfied---it was actually an efficiency room with full stove and refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable. The unit was very ultramodern...which took a little getting used to. It felt like one of those new Japanese or European Hotels.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with 2 doubles, they give you a full efficiency unit. This is great if staying...
Green Features: This chain makes it quite clear that they use state of the art eco friendly systems. It is so advanced that you can actually choose the amount of water you want to use when you flush the toilet!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roseal2004
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great hotel concept! The staff is always friendly and helpful. One of the (several) times I've stayed here a staff member even helped me get to a family event when my Plan A transportation didn't arrive on time. Another time I was assigned a room with worn furnishings and they changed it immediately with no hassle whatsoever. The food is simple. The lobby and rooms are soooooo comfortable and clean. The decor is verrrry relaxing and spa-like. Exercise room and pool are okay. I wish I LIVED here!! It's the only area hotel I'll stay in.

Room Tip: Anything other than the 1st floor, which I think might be pet friendly.
Green Features: Love, love, love the decor and philosophy of this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear 2020travelbug,
Thank you for your loyalty. We're thrilled to hear you continue to enjoy your stays with us and look forward to the next time you're in town!
NY
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were visiting colleges in the area. After an exhausting day, we were happy to take a few minutes in the hot-tub then a swim and a good night sleep. Good breakfast included.
Will stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a studio with 2 queen beds.
Green Features: Staying here makes me feel better. They are making an effort.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This Ewing location just off 95 made the Element the perfect place to stay for an Easter Weekend getaway with the kids. We made jaunts to Philadelphia, New Hope and Princeton, and easily returned home to the comfy Element. This is a no-frills kinda hotel, but I loved the simplicity of its design. You just get the basics here, but hey! You don't go to Ewing to hang out in the hotel. Extra sheets and blankets were brought immediately. Can't say the pull out sofa was that comfortable for the kids (2) - but when you are twelve and 14 your back doesn't need the same support as ours - and our bed was lovely. We had the one bedroom "suite" - and the separate wall with a different TV in each room was a godsend. The free breakfast made our stay even more pleasant (there's not much to see/go to right there in Ewing). The good lighting in the bathroom made my mid-forties complexion look fresh as a daisy. Only complaint: an odd toilet that made a drip drip sound like a leaking faucet all night. I alerted the friendly staff on check-out.

Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I like the concept of the Element hotels: comfortable beds with full kitchens, better for longer stays the the overnight is fine. The Element Ewing is right off I-95 and right next to the Trenton Airport, so one does hear the odd airplane taking off. The room is aesthetically odd, like a big kitchen with beds off to the side... or a bedroom with a kitchen at the other end. I found the bed a little soft (2 queen size beds, really nice, and WAY better than those "doubles"), but the Westin bed is generally good; nice pillows, too. The bathroom was great, nice walk-in shower, modern basin on a platform and relatively high (this is good), and excellent lighting. Shower gel and shampoo dispenser in the shower. Bathroom had a motion-detector night light, a really nice feature. Closet was big (not that I used it for one night...). Kitchen has fulll-size appliances (well, small cooktop and no oven). Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. The view from our room was of the dumpsters below, which might have mattered were we to have stayed longer.

Green Features: Element tries hard to be environmentally responsible. Toilet has the one-two different flush systems.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights whilst on college visits - good location right on PA/NJ stateliness on 95. Stayed here before hence coming back. Room could do with refresh and sofa needs to be cleaned properly - yuk. Breakfast ok but repetitive. Fitness room well equipped.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 565NOSTAY565
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!