“What reservation??” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
York, PA
“What reservation??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I made reservations here a month in advance. My cousin had booked a number of rooms for people that were going to attend his son's wedding. Even though we had a confirmation number, I called the day before to reconfirm. The woman who answered the phone said that all was fine. When we arrived, the man at the desk informed us that despite our reservation and confirmation, there were no rooms available. So that we would not take this personally, he informed us that this was true for the ten other people from the wedding party standing in line behind us. We were then shuffled to the 'sister' hotel across the street where he hoped there would be available rooms. There were, but this was a very unpleasant experience. Aside from a 'heartfelt' apology, no other accommodations were made.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MehitabelYork_PA
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for your comments and I sincerely apologize for the hotel not being able to accomodate you when you had reserved the room. Unfortunately hotels may experience unexpected stay-overs from guests or rooms that may not be sold due to maintenance issues which causes guests with reservations to have to relocate to near-by hotels. It is exremely few and far between that this occurs and I can completely understand how frustrating it was for you and it is something that we hope never has to happen to our guests. I am sad to hear that there was no compensation that was given to you for this inconvenience so please feel free to contact me at the hotel and I would be happy to make this up to you. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tiffany Walters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here Easter weekend and was not disappointed. The rooms were spacious, the beds comfortable and the staff was friendly and courteous. We have stayed at other Courtyards and have never been disappointed. It is a bit off the beaten path, therefore quiet and peaceful, but still very close to major expressways so you can get where you need to be within 15 mins. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to the Princeton area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words about the Courtyard Ewing/Hopewell Marriott! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our newly-renovated rooms and lobby. We look forward to having you as our guests again when you are visiting the Princeton area!

Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here recently and was impressed by the very courteous and helpful staff and the newly remodeled rooms and public spaces. My room was at the end of the hall on the 4th floor - my only complaint was when I turned off the HVAC at night there was a very loud mechanical "hum" that was a bit annoying. I loved the fact that they actually had pillows you could sleep on - not ones that are 8 inches thick and great to look at but impossible to sleep with. Breakfast at 7:30 am was a little busy - you have to order at a counter and any hot items are then delivered to your table. One in our party had to remind the staff of his order, as it never came. Another in our party was clearly annoyed by the wait to get his bowl of cereal. I think if you pick an "off-peak" time for breakfast, there will be no issue. Overall a great experieince. Oh, and watch for the jug-handle turn to get to the hotel - it's not well marked and several of my colleagues shot right past and had to do u-turns to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review of the Courtyard Ewing/Hopewell Marriott! Your comments will help us to improve our service as we are always wanting to make sure that each guest leaves our hotel 100% satisfied. I apologize for the experience you and your fellow guests had at breakfast and we will continue to make sure that we have all hands on deck during those peak times. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our newly-renovated rooms during your stay and I hope that if you are in the area again you will choose to be our guest. Thank you again for the comments and I hope you have a great day!

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've stayed in a lot of Marriott hotels around the world, and think that with the newly refurbished Courtyards, they have really hit a home run.

Like with other Courtyards, this has a nice open, modern check-in area, with helpful staff to check you in. As well as being the reception area, this is open to the bar/coffee bar, and it makes the entrance area feel welcoming.

The bedroom was great. The desks they have put in are excellent, with a decent quality chair to go along, and it all adds up to a nice space to get some work done. The bed was nice and comfortable, though my sleep was somewhat disturbed by the fact that my room was on the side of the hotel close to the freeway, and the noise was distracting.

Aside from that minor glitch, I will stay here again, the next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask them for a room at the end of the hotel that is away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PaulMJohnson
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My mate and I often visit his folks in lawernceville and stay at this Courtyard nearby. The folks who work here make the facility! Although we had a couple of hiccups during the last year during the renovations, the staff were always quick to accommodate change requests.... It is convenient to the airport and the highway, and the coffee is always good....
Though a standard Courtyard with the expected amenities, folks like Jason(?)mgr, make it stand out about the rest

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms next to the elevator.... A bit noisy due to the location of the engine room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
East Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I always know that when I walk in I'm going to be greeted nicely and warmly. It's also refreshing to walk in and see the attractive furnishings, the bar/restaurant, and the living area. Food is limited but good. Same with drinks. The breakfast is better and always served with friendliness.

If you want to get out of the hotel, there's not much close, but a mile down the road toward the airport there's a good neighborhood bar and restaurant called the Metro grill.

I'm looking forward to my next trip back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We went with the Courtyard Ewing-Hopewell because of it's location and great proximity to our wedding reception. They provided a free shuttle from our reception venue to the hotel (before and after the reception). The rooms were $129 a night with breakfast...this seemed a bit high to me considering we were booking a block of rooms, but we did it anyway.

There were some good and not-so-good things about this hotel.

The "Goods"'
- The hotel was just renovated earlier this year. It has a very modern lobby and bar area. This was great when we came back after the reception was over...we were able to still get drinks and hang out together. It had a nice vibe, very modern and clean.

- Excellent location, right off of I-95 (easy to get to Philadelphia and to get to the NJ turnpike).

- Breakfast the morning after was a nice touch. We didn't really know what to expect since we included this with our guests' reservations. But this breakfast was in a private room the next morning...the food wasn't overly fancy, but it was clean and there was plenty of it. We liked that it was private so it allowed our guests to hang out a bit more before saying goodbye.

The "Not-so-goods"

- Reservations: we had to make reservations for some of our guests who came from out of the country and/or could not speak English. My husband booked a few rooms under the guests names. The front desk charged his card twice multiple times (because the Marriott charges when you first make the reservation). This happened to two other guests as well. Also, when my husband called back Susan (the reservations manager) multiple times to get this cleared up, she never returned his calls. When I dealt with Susan for other issues, she sometimes returned my calls/e-mails and sometimes not. It was definitely not consistent.

- Guests who were booking under an employee/family/business discount could not be counted towards our total number of rooms booked.

- Our room for the night of the wedding WAS upgraded to a suite, but it was still a rather simple room. Nothing over-the-top to "wow" you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shiva1291
Perry H, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to very thoughtfully convey your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Ewing/Hopwell. We take great pride in ensuring all our guests have a great experience. Your candid comments about our renovation and breakfast were very much appreciated and we are working on ways to make the reservation process operate more smoothley. I apologize for the response time it took for our Sales Team to get back to you, however our Sales Team has since changed and we are constantly striving to make sure our follow up with guests is handled efficiently and quickly.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you choose to stay with us if you return to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Element Ewing Princeton
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!