“Location Location Location”

Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott Ewing many times over the years...this time was even better. I noticed retention of Marriott Employees more so than any Marriott we enjoy. From the minute you walk in and greeted in a friendly manner to the rooms and Bistro...outdoor seating , pool and location...this is one of the nicest Courtyards. We plan to return many times.

Room Tip: If you like to watch planes ask for the top floors and in the 20's like 526... The airport is QU...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JKSnyder
EwingCYGeneralMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Location Location Location is right! Courtyard by Marriott - Ewing/Princeton is centrally located to major highways and easy to travel in and out for flights! We thank you for frequenting our hotel and are excited to be able to serve you again. I hope to have the opportunity to thank you in person. All the best - Abby Kushner, General Manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel kind of last minute when we realized that our commute from Livingston NJ (where we were staying most of the week for a wedding.) would be too long and risky of a commute to make a 6:55 am flight out of the Trenton airport. This hotel is right across the street from Avis and just down the road from the airport so it is ideally located in that regard. We only had one night to form an opinion, so it may not be totally accurate. The staff at the desk and cafe was super kind and helpful, none of the gruffness we had experienced from other New Jersey folks working in the service industry. The lobby is awesome! I seems to be geared towards business folk, but our family of four felt totally comfortable down there. My girls hung out in the lobby to watch a movie on ABC Family. They have a tiny cafe in the middle of the lobby that serves beverages, alcohol, juice etc, and food. They were open until 10pm on a Sunday, which seemed pretty accommodating to me. The pool and hot tub were nothing special and the bottom of the hot tub did look like it needs some cleaning or painting--doesn't matter, the kids still loved it. Outside the room is a lovely, big patio area for relaxing, having a drink etc. The room was huge as was the bathroom. Very nicely decorated. The pillow were comfortable, but the bed is a bit firm. My spouse said he felt like he was sleeping on a board. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but he wanted me to share his opinion. We had to check out of the hotel around 5:30 to catch our flight, so the cafe wasn't open for breakfast, which we knew it wouldn't be and the coffee wasn't even out yet. That is really early, but I was still disappointed that the coffee wasn't out. It just seems like most hotels have coffee out, 24/7. I had requested a wake up call and the young lady who had to wake me up at 5:00 am was so sweet, that I almost didn't mind having to get up at such a ridiculous hour! I would stay here again, and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Only 1 night - we wish it were more! Thank you for your candid feedback about your short visit. Your extra sets of eyes help us to improve the service and services that we provide. We strive for excellency and this will help us do it! We hope to see you again - Abby Kushner, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

For the price, this hotel was only okay. We picked it because it was close to the airport and our flight was getting in very late. Thankfully I called the day of to ask how to arrange for the shuttle, because I was told at that point the shuttle wasn't running (it was a Sunday, and apparently shuttle only runs weekdays). The entrance is really hard to find, even though the hotel is easy to spot. Breakfast is super-overpriced. When we got down the sheets to make up the sofa bed, there was a long wiry black hair in them. But overall the place seemed clean enough, and also safe enough. I have a feeling that for the money, there are better options.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Audrey W
EwingCYGeneralMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I personally apologize that we failed to provide you with a great experience. However, your comments will help us to improve the service and services that we provide. I invite you to return for a future visit - please contact me personally, when you are ready. Sincerely - Abby Kushner, General Manager.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ok, easiest would be to say no AM free coffee bar. They say they feature Starbucks but you have to pay for it at their small lobby cafe' bar. Disappointed that no complimentary coffee anywhere in the lobby... The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating! The hotel looks relatively new and the room was very clean and comfortable. Nice gym/pool area. About a 15 minute ride on Route 95 to downtown Princeton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TShed
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times, as I had a child attending school in the area. The rooms were fine, your basic Courtyard property. The staff was friendly and they serve Starbucks in the lobby, so that's always a plus!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

It's a new school year! Thank You for sharing your comments about your visits to our Hotel. We appreciate that you have made us your choice when visiting. If I could be of any assistance on your future stays, please let me know. Abby Kushner, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. It is about 5 minutes from the Rider University campus - hop on the highway and you're there. We arrived after midnight, and were checked in and on our way up within a few short minutes. The desk clerk was not overly friendly, but he was definitely efficient. The room was a simple, small room, with mini-fridge, coffee maker, and a pull-out couch. I was surprised by the narrow stall shower in the bathroom. Not what we had before. It did the trick, but I think it's a leftover from a renovation. You end up standing in a pool of dirty water. Anyway, got a quick bite to eat in the lobby cafe. Very friendly service, and the food was just what we needed. Checked out with a very friendly desk clerk.
Then our plans changed. We came back to the hotel in the afternoon looking for a room for one more night. No problem! Another very friendly desk clerk got us all set up quickly. This time we had the regular tub/shower combo. We also had a small balcony. Nice, but not clean. We couldn't figure out how to turn the light off out there, though! Not a huge problem with the blackout curtain. Comfy beds. Oddly, we were interrupted 3 times in the morning by housekeeping - well before the noon checkout time. Luckily we were awake, but we weren't ready to go anywhere yet. That was unusual.
I like this hotel. It isn't fancy. It isn't perfect. It's very nice and accommodating, and we'll be back!

Room Tip: 503 was the room with the narrow stall shower instead of the tub/shower combo.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Great - we do hope to see you again soon! We appreciate the wonderful feedback about Courtyard by Marriott - Ewing/Princeton. The team takes pride in providing great service, a clean and fresh room, and food options on property so that you do not have to leave! When you return, I would like to personally say "hello" - Abby Kushner, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our daughter will be starting school at Rider University in the fall and we were visiting campus. We chose this property to use our Marriott Rewards points and it was a good choice.

The hotel is very nicely decorated and looks recently renovated.

The desk staff was fine, though not overly friendly. We did have one problem during our stay with a noisy teen group in the room next to us but when I complained, it got taken care of and the rest of the night was fine.

The pool and fitness room were nice, though it was rather warm in the fitness room. Also, there was no effort to keep children out of there. While I was exercising, 3 different young children (probably under 12) came in and played on the equipment which is both distracting and dangerous.

An unexpected highlight of our stay was the food at the onsite restaurant. I don't expect much of hotel food but this was actually quite good. The first night we got the hummus plate which was fresh, moist hummus served with warm pita, carrots, cucumbers, and celery. We also got a pizza which was surprisingly good. Even our daughter, who is rather picky, really enjoyed it. The second night, we got another pizza which was just as good and I had the French dip sandwich which was excellent. Moist, tender meat on a tasty roll served with coleslaw and chips. Again, surprisingly good.

The one weak spot was the staff. As I said, the front desk was efficient but not particularly friendly. I'm a Marriott Gold member and there was no acknowledgement of that at all. Most hotels give rewards members a little gift bag or at least thank them for being members. Not here. The staff at the restaurant seemed entirely disengaged as if they had no desire at all to be there. One person working the counter was dressed in a graphic t-shirt, not at all professional, with an attitude to match. She did the job okay but something was missing.

There is a regional airport across the street but we never heard a sound from airplanes.

All things considered, a good stay and we would definitely stay here again. Seeing as our child will be spending the next 4 years there, I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to the Courtyard by Marriott Ewing Princeton. I am sorry to hear that the service was not what it should have been from a Marriott property and I will make sure that this is addressed. I do appreciate the wonderful comments in regards to The Bistro restaurant and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Kindest regards,
Tiffany

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Element Ewing Princeton
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!