“Good food, so so service, good choice for TCNJ parents”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Two Peters Diner - CLOSED

Two Peters Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Springfield, New Jersey
“Good food, so so service, good choice for TCNJ parents”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The atomsphere is bright and cheerful. The menu was extensive with seventy (not a typo) different omelets! The omelets are made with five eggs (so the menu said). While they were large, I don't know if they were really five eggs, but the ones we had were well made. They also offered a fresh fruit cup instead of fries, which was lovely. I was there with five other people. While the food was very good, the service was spotty. One person did not get his soup (his meal, not a side). I had decaf coffee, but it was almost cold before I got some sweetener, and it was refilled with regular coffee. Though our table had six people, we had two bills, and they added the tip onto the bill.
Overall, it was a good meal, and good choice cor visiting The College of NJ.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Karen C

New Jersey
“Lousy Service and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived about 5:30 with 3 children and 2 adults. The kids were real easy two wanted chocolate chip pancakes, one wanted spaghetti and meatballs. My friend ordered the cornbeef hash and eggs, and I have an jalapeno omelet. None of these dishes are difficult. The kids pancakes were cold, the granddaughter asked for parmesan cheese and it never arrived. I asked for a coffee with my omelet. It arrived at the table after our meal was done. Thanks but no thanks I will not be returning.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank quasimoto
“50/ 50”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have gone to Two Peters a few times. It is a 50/50 chance if you will have good service. The food is usually cooked properly, but it is pricey. The plus side is, if you see the owner and the food or service was not up to par, he will take care of it by either giving you a discount or free dessert.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lexandroxy
Titusville, New Jersey, United States
“Fresh facelift on the old Parkside Diner offering very generous portions of standard diner food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stopped going to the old Parkside Diner many years ago, but decided to give the Two Peters Diner a try when we heard the owners of the Ewing Diner (the renovated Toddle House/Blue Roof Diner) had taken it over under the new name. The interior is nicely appointed with new booths, tables, lighting, flooring, and appears to have been expanded. The food is fresh and the portions are huge. Soup comes along with sandwiches. I've learned to ask for the soup to go, and still take half the sandwich home for another day! It's standard diner fare, so don't expect gourmet meals. For a diner, Two Peters wins five stars from me.

• Visited April 2013
West Trenton, New Jersey
“Service is good but food is pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

Agree with other reviewer that the new building replaced an eyesore and it was well done. However, this place seems much pricier than there other (same owner) restaurant (New Ewing Diner) about 2 miles away. Service is solid, food is ok, but again pricey. Menu is almost too big would be great if they reduced menu and focused on some special items to make them outstanding.

1 Thank Skip H