“Huge selection. Very good food. Excellent service and prices.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Huge selection. Very good food. Excellent service and prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our daughter will be starting at Rider University in the fall and we spent the past weekend in town. Our hotel was not far from this diner and we stumbled upon it while looking for a place for breakfast.

Even though it was Sunday morning, we were seated immediately and served quickly. And someone came by regularly to top off my wife's coffee.

The menu is huge - 71 different omelets, for example. My daughter ordered french toast with strawberries, expecting the syrupy strawberry topping. She was surprised to have it served with fresh strawberries. That was nice. I had a mushroom cheese omelet. All omelets are made with 5 eggs, which is a bit much, but the prices were still very reasonable, and it came with home fries and toast. My wife had pancakes, which are huge, and eggs. Everything was very good, fresh, and hot.

Overall a great choice. It probably gets overlooked as it seems to be in a less popular area. Before we went there, we tried to get into the New Ewing Diner and they were packed but I'm glad that happened. We'll definitely be frequenting this place when we visit our daughter in college over the next 4 years.

• Visited March 2014

Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
“My favorite diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food is amazing...good portions, perfectly seasoned and served fresh. Wonderful daily specials and good service. The host staff are wonderful...so friendly. I come here often.

Visited January 2014
Ewing, New Jersey
“whaz da matta wit you people?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

In reading some of these reviews I see people complaining about poor service and cold food and food being to pricy...I eat here at least once a week, and have never had a bad experience, and usually get enough food to take home another meal...that is a bargain to me...if you had a bad experience after one visit, maybe give them another try. It is a diner, not a fine dining experience. that being said, I really like the place. If you have a problem, see the owner Pete (he is almost always there, or the hostess). if you are expecting fast food prices, go to Burger King.......peace.

• Visited January 2014
Springfield, New Jersey
“Good food, so so service, good choice for TCNJ parents”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The atomsphere is bright and cheerful. The menu was extensive with seventy (not a typo) different omelets! The omelets are made with five eggs (so the menu said). While they were large, I don't know if they were really five eggs, but the ones we had were well made. They also offered a fresh fruit cup instead of fries, which was lovely. I was there with five other people. While the food was very good, the service was spotty. One person did not get his soup (his meal, not a side). I had decaf coffee, but it was almost cold before I got some sweetener, and it was refilled with regular coffee. Though our table had six people, we had two bills, and they added the tip onto the bill.
Overall, it was a good meal, and good choice cor visiting The College of NJ.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Karen C
New Jersey
“Lousy Service and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived about 5:30 with 3 children and 2 adults. The kids were real easy two wanted chocolate chip pancakes, one wanted spaghetti and meatballs. My friend ordered the cornbeef hash and eggs, and I have an jalapeno omelet. None of these dishes are difficult. The kids pancakes were cold, the granddaughter asked for parmesan cheese and it never arrived. I asked for a coffee with my omelet. It arrived at the table after our meal was done. Thanks but no thanks I will not be returning.

Visited April 2013