“what a range of reviews on sage!”
Review of Sage Restaurant

Sage Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: www.sagefairlawn.com201-797-0500
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Read the mixed Sage reviews by the TA family and we were hesitant to try it. Our friends had eaten at Sage and liked it a lot. They invited us to join them on a Sunday night. It’s BYO so that is a big plus for us.

The food was fine with prices between $18-22 for most entrees. My rib eye at $29 was overpriced for what was at most, a 12 oz serving. The interior, one big, big room with very high ceilings is also fine but the loud background music is a distraction, especially when mixed in with four, yes four happy birthday sing-a-longs. The young server lady was adequate, but didn’t vary from her script and never cracked a smile, or even told us her name. She is a school teacher and this is not her primary job. It showed. Overall, Sage was ok but I would not be in any hurry to go back again. Sorry Sage, not my favorite.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

When a meal goes 90% uneaten you would expect a manager to inquire why.The pasta/broccoli rabe dish my wife ordered was totally dry and seemed to be missing ingredients.My penna dish with sun dried tomatoes /spinach was not much better.The restaurant was almost empty except for a party that was very noisey.The chef ?? seemed to pay more attention to the party rather than what was coming out of the kitchen.There are many far better restaurants in northern NJ.

1  Thank tony w
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Four couples went on a Saturday eve to have dinner. The service was great. We were seated right away and our wine bottles opened. The orders arrived hot and without much waiting and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had a salmon with a soy/sesame sauce on top and it was delicious. The Thai Calamari was great and we enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This restaurant is beautifully appointed. The food is very good as is the original art on the wall which, like the food, is nothing like what you'd find at an airport. I'm a tough grader, but this place is a class act.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Hands down my favorite place to go. The fresh homemade cheesecake flavors are phenomenal and most of the dishes could charge another 10 bucks and I'd still pay it. Meat is always spot on temperature, and the freshness of their meat and fish is clear in the taste and texture.

1  Thank BNixon4582