“Decent Stay for the Price”

Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fair Lawn
Bowie, Maryland
“Decent Stay for the Price”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently while on business travel. The room met my needs perfectly. The staff was very friendly. The "bar" was a bit pricey and their liquor selection was low-to-mid grade. Breakfast was ok. They prepare a couple different kinds of open-faced breakfast sandwiches. Decent idea as different from other places. Although would have been nice if hotter than like warm--and I go to breakfast early. The room could definitely have been cleaner. I had a bonus dirty thong left behind the ottoman from a previous guest that housekeeping obviously missed. That said, if in the area again, I'd probably go back.

• Stayed June 2014
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Hyatt Place. I'm glad to hear your stay went well and you would return the next time you are in town. Having a choice of breakfast sandwiches is a nice change from scrambled eggs. The choice of waffles, pancakes or French toast is also a nice addition. I'm sorry to hear your rooms was not cleaned to standards. There is no excuse that I can give. We pride ourselves on having spotless rooms. I am sorry that was not the case for you. We look forward to having you back and showing you how wonderful we can be. If I can assist you with anything moving forward please feel free to contact me direct.

kim.klapper@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent value for the money. Hotel is clean and being an all suite hotel is a bonus. The weekends are a little harried due to the number of guests with children. This is a hotel that caters to soccer, baseball, bands, cheer leaders, etc. competitions. But it does offer free breakfast buffet, a pool, free wifi and free parking, so it is a great value in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to mention the value adds Hyatt Place has to offer. We do cater to families on the weekends. Being 10 miles from NYC and so close to Meadowlands stadium we do have many sports, tour and travel and guests visiting families in the area.
We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in North Jersey. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with anything.

201-465-3888 X 5104
United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let first say that this is one of the nicest hotels in the area. Clean and modern with an upscale feel. Rooms are large and feature a sitting area and a little wet bar area.

There's free breakfast and internet, an excellent staff, and pretty much anything you would want in a hotel of this class.

It seems to be a new hotel but my bed already had a big-boned peoples' body imprint that I kept rolling into.

The fatal flaw, however is the location/accessibility of the place. Its lone entrance/exit is directly on to/off of a very busy freeway. It's actually right upon the intersection of two major roadways with off ramp a few feet after the entry/exit.

Not only is it easy to miss the small entry, but you also run the risk of being rear-ended as you slow down while everyone else is speeding up for the end of the highway intersection. Very dangerous!

You cannot walk to anything unless you fancy walking along a freeway, an offramp, an underpass and yet another freeway entrance. This you are held hostage to the traffic and the constant threat of collision.

It was a white-knuckled experience!

Give me a back entrance or dramatically improve access from the front and I'd give this place a huge thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nombre D
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review. You are correct we are on a major highway and it can be easy to miss the entrance. We are in the process of improving the lighting on our sign so guests will not miss it. Because we are on a highway you can only walk to the River Palm Restaurant that is located directly next store serving steaks and seafood. We do however have a shuttle which is complimentary upon request and availability. The shuttle will take you to three great malls offering shopping, dining and movie theaters. I'm glad you like our newly renovated suites and full hot complimentary breakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Clean room, nice idea for call in food then pickup, breakfast worked for me. The hotel is right next to a busy road so consider the noise factor. Otherwise renovations were good and modern. Take care when driving on 208 a quick turn to hotel or need to loop back.

Room Tip: Room away from traffic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities like our full hot complimentary breakfast and our kitchen being open 24 hours a day serving hot and cold meals. We look forward to having you the next time you are in town.

201-475-3888 X5104
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I visited here last month for my cousins wedding. Check in was very nice, I appreciated being put in a room near my family. It says a lot about how much the staff cares. I wish the location was different though, you can't walk anywhere so be sure to rent a car. The staff was very nice and helpful but the "Superstar" of them all was Amanda. I hope she sees this, she would get the Superstar comment. She went beyond great customer service. My cousins and I wanted to celebrate some more and she allowed us that in the lobby. She's a real sweetheart and has such positive energy.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the highway side
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Aarav:

I'm glad you and your Cousins had fun when staying with us for your family wedding. For the future we are within three miles of three great malls with shopping, dining and movie theatre. We have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to them if booked in advance. Please take advantage of it the next time you are in town. It's great to hear Amanda was able to accommodate you so nicely.

Seneca Falls, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was a great hotel! Very clean and neat:) Staff was wonderful- We will definately stay here again when we come back to the city for another Yankees Game! Only about a 15 minute drive to the stadium.

Room Tip: The suite was pefect for my family as well as another family that stayed with us. 2 queen size beds...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Jayme:

I happy that your family enjoyed staying in our oversized spacious suites when you came to the are to see the Yankee game. It is a very nice quick drive from the hotel to the stadium. We look forward to having you the next time you are in town.

Charlotte
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff was very friendly from the time we checked-in until we checked-out. The room was very clean. The hotel is right off the highway and conveniently located near shopping and dining. I definitely plan on returning for another visit. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Charlotte:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Hyatt Place, Fair Lawn. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of local area. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town.

201-475-3888 X5104
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#2 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus? Share your experiences!