“What A Bargain”

Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fair Lawn
“What A Bargain”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We just recently stayed at your hotel for three nights. Our daughter was getting married and we wanted the convenience of staying nearby. The rooms are huge. They are very clean and the staff at the hotel was fabulous. We will definitely stay there again. The free breakfast that you offer in the morning goes above and beyond most hotel breakfasts. We could not have been more please. Great memories were made by all!

• Stayed July 2014
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
It was so nice to have you and your family stay at Hyatt Place during your Daughter's wedding. We are happy we were able to be a part of there special day. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

201-475-3888 X 4104
kim.klapper@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked one night stay for a family wedding in a nearby town. I had a bad experience with another Hyatt that I stayed at 4 weeks before at a different location for business, however I thought I'd give Hyatt another try. The location is a nightmare. The navigation systems (yes with an s) couldn't find this place and was saying we arrived in a very dark residential neighborhood . It's right on the highway and the only way we were able to find it was for the shift manager to stay on the phone with us directing us turn by turn. Once we found it and checked in, the shift manager (I believe that's his title) Basheer, checked us in and when we asked for a late check out, given how we got there at midnight with 2 little ones, he gladly gave it to us. It would have been perfect if the other manager(or whomever she was) didn't come knocking on our door at 12:10 PM asking is if we were leaving. Yikes.
A couple of things the hotel needs to improve upon to consider its self upscale, the breakfast buffet and the pool. While breakfast was included in the stay, it's really nothing to brag about. Choices, food temperature and even seating could have been much better. We also decided to use the pool just to have something for the kids to do before we leave. Not exactly the cleanest pool you'll find. It's an indoor pool and the air circulation was poor in comparison to indoor pools at other hotels we stayed at. Even getting in the pool, a few minutes later I saw bugs floating in the water. Needless to say we didn't spend the time we expected to at the pool. I couldn't have my kids swim in that water. The room was clean (double/double room) however the bathroom door would get stuck on the toilet seat (no joke) and you'd have to push the door hard to close it. Stupid design. Other than that however the room was nice and comfortable. The design is modern and chic and parking was available with no issues. Overall good hotel for the price as long as you don't use the pool.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hyatt Place. I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time finding the hotel. However, I happy that our front office staff was able to stay on the phone with you until you arrived at the hotel safely.
With the choice of assorted cold cereals, yogurts, fruit, breakfast pastries, bagels, breads, donuts and waffles, pancakes or French toast I am sorry you were unable to find anything satisfactory at our complimentary breakfast.
You are correct, we did have a circulation problem in our pool area, and it was very warm in there that weekend. I hope your kids will have the opportunity to enjoy our oversized indoor pool the next time you are in town.
It's is great that you found our extra large suites to be clean for your family. All of our rooms were completely renovated in April 2013.
If I can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to contact me direct.

Cleveland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked 2 nights here. Then called within hours to add another night. After 1/2 hr. on the phone, we were told that they felt it was too confusing to add another night to our reservation, and we would have to book it separately (having to check out then check back in- possible into another room). What hotel does that? How it THAT less confusing!?! We would have canceled the entire thing if it were not non-refundable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank augustisis
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear you had a hard time extending your reservation. Unfortunately, when you book a non-refundable reservation through a 3rd party it is in a different system and the reservation can not be changed. Because of that the hotel has to make a new reservation if you want to extend your stay. I hope you were able to enjoy your stay once you arrived. As a family traveling together I'm sure you were able to enjoy our oversized suites, complimentary breakfast, and extra large indoor pool. If I can assist you with any further reservations please feel free to contact me direct.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip. I am a Hyatt Diamond member.

Location: The hotel is located right off Hwy 4, literally. If you've read the other reviews, they are correct that the entrance to the hotel is right off the highway and you need to look closely the first time you arrive. Otherwise, you will overshoot and end up having to go around in circles trying to make your way back. Also, most GPS maps will show this hotel on the south side of Hwy 4, which is incorrect. So make sure you're routing to the north side. Also, since you are in New Jersey, left turns are next to impossible, so be prepared to waste your time driving around making right turns in order to turn left. When you finally arrive at the hotel, congratulations! That's only half of the trouble. When it comes time to leaving the hotel, you get to wait to turn right into a highway full of cars going 50-60 mph. It was very tricky having to get onto 4 West/Broadway from the hotel, as I had to cross 3 lanes of highway traffic in less than 200 feet.

Check-In: I arrived on a Monday afternoon and it was not busy at all. Unfortunately, their computer system was down and I had to be manually checked-in. Not a big deal since all of my information was already in the system. The front desk staff was apologetic to the situation and offered a bag of goodies. I reserved a king bed room and received the same. It was on the first floor facing the back (north) side of the property. This is important if you do not want to hear any road noise. The back faces a bunch of trees, so it was sort of nice to look at.

Property/Room: The property is in decent condition with good furnishings in general. Very clean overall. The room was also in good shape with standard Hyatt Place decor. The bed was a tad bit on the soft side, but still comfortable nonetheless. The 42" TV had plenty of channels to choose from and was big enough to watch from any spot in the room. Note the bathroom had a shower only, so for those who like to have baths, be warned. The room was pretty quiet in general, even with neighbors on both sides. I could hear noise in the hallway from doors slamming and people talking, but it was pretty sporadic. The A/C system is a standard window unit, but it did a great job of keeping the room cool and comfortable.

Amenities: There is a free breakfast each morning, which had a variety of hot breakfast sandwiches, bagels, pastries, cereals, and fruit. There is also a small business center with 2 computers if you need to use the Internet or print out documents. There is also a gym and pool on site but I did not use either. I did take advantage of the 24/7 Gallery menu to order dinner, which consisted of a Mushroom & Swiss burger, chocolate chip cookie, and bottle of soda. The total came to about $16, which is on the high side. However, the food was pretty good and it was convenient.

Service: The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Housekeeping did a good job each day.

Overall, I would say this is a good choice if you're staying in the area. A few of my co-workers stayed at the Marriott and Holiday Inn nearby and they were not too happy with the condition of those hotels.

Room Tip: To avoid any road noise, request a room on the north side facing the back of the property.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your very detailed review. Everything you said was spot on! The only thing I would add is if you want bath tub all our rooms that have two double beds have the full bath, shower combo.

Have a wonderful day!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fantastic staff. The manager is very dedicated and friendly. So are all the employees we encountered. They managed crowds well and with a smile. They know the area and have great suggestions for dining. Everything was exceptionally clean, well kept and perfectly placed. The room was extremely large, and has a sectional sofa that pulls out into a bed! Wide screen tv and great AC. Highly recommend the Hyatt Fairlawn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattSalesMM, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
It's great to hear about your stay with us. We dedicate ourselves to pleasing all of our guests. Having an all suite hotel does give the guest the opportunity to spread out once they get the room. I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast, oversized indoor swimming pool and our 24 hour kitchen serving hot and cold meals. If I can do anything for you during your next stay please feel free to contact me direct.

Queens, NY
Reviewed 30 June 2014

From the moment we walked in... Service, service, service!!!! Excellent!!! Clean, clean, very clean!!! Excellent!!! We will definitely stay here again if we should find ourselves in that area. Thank U!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello JM:

I'm happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. Our staff prides itself for providing each guest with the best possible service. We look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us the next time you are in town.

201-475-3888 X5104
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Began trying to book my reservation by phone. The person booking the reservation was anything but helpful. She gave me incorrect info. and did not want to answer any questions. She made it very obvious that she wanted off the phone and didn't want to be bothered by customers trying to make reservations. She said my confirmation number would be emailed to me within 24 hours. I never received.
The farther up the chain I went, in my attempts to resolve multiple issues regarding reservation confirmation, room location request and room rates, the worse it got. The assistant manager Lloyd was completely useless and had absolutely NO solutions for resolving any of these issues. The sales manager Kim was dismissive, rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional.
I cancelled my reservation because after MULTIPLE conversations and emails with this staff, it was shockingly evident that the level of incompetence and apathy of this hotel staff was rampant and widespread. After 5 phone calls, including another one transferred to the asst. manager Lloyd, unknowingly by me, who once again reported there was "nothing he could do". I am still waiting, 4 DAYS LATER for my cancellation confirmation #, which just like all the other issues with this hotel, will go UNRESOLVED! There is absolutely NO concept of customer service or satisfaction at this hotel, so STAY ELSEWHERE if this is important to you!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Elln V
Hello Ellen:

I am sorry to hear you won't be staying at the Hyatt Place with the rest of the wedding party. As I discussed with you via email and telephone some of the requests you were making for the entire wedding party could not be met. The reason is I was working with the Bride and Groom and had to meet with there needs for the group. We were happy to put the requests in that you asked for individually However, as I had told you they were requests that we could not promise. We would never say yes to a request if we were not 100% sure we could accommodate. The hotels relationship with the Bride, Groom, and Mother of the Groom have been very pleasant to date. Again, I am very sorry that I was unable to meet your expectations personally. If I can assist you with anything moving forward please feel free to contact me direct.

Thanks!

Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus? Share your experiences!