“Clean and impressive”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
NooYorker2010
“Clean and impressive”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed for a wedding. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking a garden. The room was pin-drop quiet, VERY comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed here for one night on a busy holiday. The room was very clean with lots of towels and hot water. Bed was fine, nice big flat screen TV, fast WiFI. The location is convenient and easy to find. Now the bad part: the complimentary breakfast was terrible! Worst I have ever had at a Hampton Inn, and I have stayed at many of them and am a Diamond level member of Hilton. They ran out of coffee and eggs; we had to wait for more to be prepared. The tables were dirty and no one was making any effort to clean them. There were exactly 2 yogurts in the ice bowl - one was partially opened! The "fresh" fruit looked old. You get the idea.
They have a little sign in the bathroom stating that if you have forgotten a toiletry item, then have complimentary ones at the front desk. Turns out not to be true anymore now that they have a little shop selling these items. I see that another reviewer notes the same thing.
I guess this place is better at times it is not so busy and they just can not handle a "full house" holiday crowd.
We will continue to stay at Hamptons and the other Hilton family hotels - just not this one!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We held our son's wedding rehessal at the Inn the night before the wedding in a private room.We had a buffet for 22 people.The food and service were excellent.I could not have made a better choice.Most of us stayed over for the two nights using the Inn as the starting off point for the reception being held in another location.The Inn will shuttle all of your guests too and from the reception.We had over 50 people get shuttled.Everyone loved the convienence.The Inn also had a terrific breakfast for everyone the day after.Checkout time was at noon.The accomodations were very clean,bathrooms spotless.The restaurant is Italian $$$.All of the baked bread is given away to all who visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Whenever we travel someplace for business or pleasure, we try to stay at Hampton Inns. I always know what to expect and there are rarely any surprises. This hotel was the exception - in a good way!

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a marble entryway with a pianist playing in the nearby bar! It was so nice!

The upgraded our hotel room to a suite, and offered to help us with our bags (we had two small kids and a car load of baby items with us).

That night, there was a wedding party, but we never heard a peep, even though we were on the first floor.

We ordered takout from the restaurant and it was pretty tasty, albeit a bit pricey (hey, it's NJ!).

We have since stayed here one other time and now that we live in NJ, we reccomend it to all our relatives!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I travel frequently to NJ for business, and this is always my first choice. I only like to stay at full service hotels, so I usually go out of my way to avoid Hampton Inns, but this one is the exception. They have a bar in the lobby as well as an Italian restaurant. Definitely not a typical Hampton, and certainly not a typical hotel restaurant. I order room service almost every night, and the food is always great. They offer a free breakfast, which is okay, but the service is first class and the staff is very friendly. I cannot always get in to this hotel because it is often booked, so I try to make my reservations as far in advance as possible. The lobby is beautiful, and the rooms are nice. I usually stay at Hiltons, but since Hampton is a part of the HIlton chain, I can stay here and still get my HHonors points. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Booked this room several months in advance and got a very good rate, if I had waited it would have been nearly double. The reason, this is a popular place for weddings (3 on Saturday, 2 more on Sunday). Clean, efficient property. Unlike most Hampton Inns, a full service bar is in the lobby and a "fine dining" restaurant is in the hotel. I was attending another function and did not eat here, but it looked very nice with white table cloths, nice choice of wines, etc. Room was clean, which is my #1 criteria. Nice hotel, and there aren't many in this area!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Livingston Manor NY
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Depite hurricane Irene had just landed here 3 days earlier and the area around here was under water and national guards were blocking access roads, this place held it's own and provided a wonderful experience for the large family wedding rehersal dinner and an area to have a free breakfast while enjoying the company of far-away relatives. The staff was especially helpful in settling a minor depute I had with using my Hilton Honors points. If you like to shop, the famous Willow Brook mall (although closed at the time due to the flooding) is nearby. I recommend this hotel to any one staying in the area. We had the wedding rate for one night, but the regular prices are very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Fairfield

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!