“Close to Newark Airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Great hotel, stayed for meeting in area. Clean, no need for car if your in for local business. Hotel provided shuttle service to and from my meeting. Hotel also gave me number to car service that drove me to Newark. Great place for business and corporate guests.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Just stayed at this hotel because it was so close to nyc. My family comes every year and stays in the area and we go into nyc, this year our normal hotel was sold out so we had to try another hotel which happened to be the Hamptonn. It was very close to bus stops and great service. Breakfast was also very good, not just a bagel and juice like our normal hotel. Kids loved the pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I recently stayed at The Hampton Inn with a wedding party with my family. I loved the hotel from the moment I checked in. The front desk girls were very friendly and answered all my questions about the wedding I was attending. I was running a little late and was worried that I'd miss the shuttle, the manager assured me not to worry and that he'll make sure the shuttle wont leave without my family and I. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The breakfast the following morning really impressed me also. It was a great experiance and I gaurentee I'll be back when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Me and 2 other family members stayed at at the hampton for a wedding.we had a nice stay.the buffet in the morning was a little better than your regular continental breakfast.the pool was nice and so was the hot tub.they have a bar and you can also order food too.there is also a restaurant right there.the staff was courteous.and most of all the bed was comfortable and the room clean.not bad 100.00 a night

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stay here because it is close to our children when we visit NJ. We have stayed here for the past three years. Usually for 4-5 days. Because we always loved this hotel we stayed for 10 days this year. It was a nightmare. It was Memorial day holiday in between, we usually are here in August. They had tour buses coming and going with all kids. It was so bad I had to call security one evening. I gave up on the following nites. The breakfast here is wonderful. We could not even get in the room. We tried 6:30 am, 7:00 am, 8:00 am. So we just grabbed something to carry and went back to our room. The rooms are great, clean and roomy. Service is great. Restaurant wonderful. I want to go back next year, but I may go somewhere else. Mixed emotions.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie038
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel to visit a customer back when it was flooding in NJ in Mid-March. The Passaic River was cresting, causing a lot of flooding in the area. But the Hampton Inn was a haven from the weather.

The rooms were very comfortable with a nice oversized chair and ottoman with free high speed wireless. The breakfast in the morning was really nicely done with a few hot items, and many cold items.

The gym was nice with 3 Precor-brand treadmills with heart-rate monitors, and one elliptical runner. There were also several free weights and a weight bench. Yoga balls and mats were available as well, and they even had anti-bacterial wipes. :)

I can't say enough great things about the room service. I called down to the restaurant and ordered some GREAT food at really reasonable prices. Roasted asparagus, Caesar's salad, sirloin medallions, OMG. I'm making myself hungry. The food is what I remember most at this place; it was really good.

Amazingly, there were a TON of people hanging around the bar in the lobby during happy hour. It was like a see-and-be-seen place, and appeared to be a popular hang out.
-J

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JBien
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Thanks to all the reviewers – we stayed in this hotel by accident because the room type we reserved was not available to us at another hotel. Other reviewers had pretty much covered all the wonderful aspects of this hotel. For instance, clean room, friendly and helpful staff, bountiful breakfast, functional facilities and nice lobby. However, I felt compelled to write about the Calandra's restaurant because I love Italian food and this was the best valued restaurant I have ever dined. The food/drink was superb, the ambiance was appropriate, and the manger/waiters/busyperson were all well-trained service professionals! Best of all, they treat little kids like they should be treated. They were entertaining to the kids in a very respectful way. I was thrilled! I thought I ought to spread this good news so it will attract more customers and prosper. The hotel and the restaurant complement each very nicely!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Residence Inn West Orange
#2 of 4 in West Orange
8 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!