“Terrible Service!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Terrible Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Crowne Plaza for a wedding. Long story short, the night manager, Santiago, was extremely rude and unprofessional. I reported this concern to guest relations via their website. They noted that the hotel would be in contact with me to address this concern. The hotel still has not called. While guest relations apologized for this, they have taken no further action. I have never posted a bad review of a hotel before but their lack of concern, concerns me. While the hotel was nice, I hope you don't need anything while you're there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katie H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Katie H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everything here was very good - the staff are all friendly and very efficient - the restaurant food is first class. We stayed here twice and while I was able to enjoy the pool on our first visit it was closed upon our return. Nevertheless the overall happiness of the hotel made up for my disappointment. We would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from wedding parties - they do not seem to care who they wake up at 3 in the mor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for contacting Crowne Plaza Fairfield, it's always great to hear wonderful feed back from a valued guest such as yourself. i will make sure I share this wonderful news with the staff and management.

Thank you for staying with the crowne plaza fairfiled and hope we can serve your needs in the near future travel plans.

Silvia velazquez
Front office manager
Fairfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

From the front desk staff to the breakfast staff to the housekeepers and the sales staff. I've had interactions with all and by far this has been the most pleasant experience I've had. They do whatever they can to put a smile on your face with there interactions. The rooms are neat and clean and its very quiet. Michele and Silvia went out of there way on numerous occasion's for me which was greatly appreciated. I travel a lot for work and to find a staff and hotel as hospital as they are means alot. Great Job All!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for the great feedback, it's always a pleasure to hear the positive versus the negative. i will share this with the hotel staff and management.

I hope we can serve you in your future travels to Fairfield, New Jersey.

Front office manager
Ludlow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff couldn't be more helpful and courteous! Beds are very comfy and the entire hotel is very clean. Great for a business stay. Convniently located and there's a great mall right down the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for the wonderful comment, management and staff are happy that we were able to make your stay memorable. We hope that you come back soon and stay with us in your future trips.

Once again Thank you

Silvia velazquez
front office manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fairfield was clean, conveniently located, had great food at their restaurant, and had wonderful customer service. Very polite, professional, and friendly staff. Shmera and Timothy of the front desk were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me when my cab arrived late.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for the candid feedback and the great comment, I will make sure I share this with the hotels staff.

Thank you once again for staying at the crowne plaza fairifield.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to Fairfield on business and pleased with this hotel. It was quiet, clean and efficient. The pool and gym are well-maintained with nice commercial grade equipment. I ate almost all my meals room service and the food was very good, better than I had expected. Would stay again should I need to go back to Fairfield.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear, Valued Guest

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, it's always great to hear our guest feed back and share it with our hotel staff.

I am pleased that we had the opportunity to make your stay satisfaction, Our staff amd management team hope we can serve you once again.

Front Office Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently stayed here one night while attending a function in the area. Upon check-in, had to ask to make sure they had my IGH number for points, they offered a bottle of water, which was nice. Appeared to be training some other desk clerks since there were four ladies there and only two working with customers.

Had a king corner suite on the 5th floor. The room was nicely cool when I entered, but a co-worker's room was hot and stuffy when she entered. Very quiet even though close to elevator. Room layout was one large area with a small area off to the right with the microwave and refrigerator. Large closet and smallish, but nice bathroom. Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the amenities. The bed was nicely appointed and so very comfortable. The desk area was huge and had all the necessary hook-ups for the laptop within easy reach. Free Wi-Fi in room and lobby. Breakfast was not included and I did not have the opportunity to eat there. They did have a morning buffet for a charge.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 5th floor was super quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for that candid feedback it's always great to hear positive note, I will make sure to share this good news with the hotels staff.

Once again Thank you
Silvia Velazquez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!