“Newly Renovated and It Shows!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Toronto
“Newly Renovated and It Shows!”
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I love the fact that it was renovated in 2009. Very tasteful design and interior -- from the revolving entrance door to the restaurant to the lobby and most importantly, my room. Good and fast service. You will not be disappointed.

To the shopping junkies, there's a Target right beside the hotel and Willowbrook Mall is a minute away by car. Love it!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
CT
Reviewed 9 October 2009

After a long day of meetings I was greeted at the first desk by a smiling face. The check in process was quick and stress free. The room was furnished well and had many amenities for continuing my work.

There was a small sachet on the bed with earplugs and sheet spray to help make sure my sleep was blissful.

The bed and pillws were very comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep. The wake up call was right on time and room service was 10 minutes early. I enjoyed a light breakfast and was ready to take on my next day of meeting. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank asp92196
Woodland CA
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Woke in the middle of the night to what I thought were several beetles crawling on me, requested another room at 2 in the morning. I get home from my trip and describe my ordeal to my fiancee and she says "those were bed bugs" and immediately quarantined my suitcase and clothing. I was sceptical, but we looked it up on the internet and sure enough, the two samples I killed and showed the desk clerk were unmistakably bed bugs.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank Dave_in_Woodland
cpff, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
We truly appreciate your feed back, but I wanted to let you know that we are investigating this matter in a thorough manner as we are clearly surprised to hear that there could be issues with bed bugs in our rooms. We just finished a $12 million renovation of the entire hotel including all of our guest rooms along with all new furniture and new beds.

Your feedback is very important to us and we would love to see you here again.

Many Thanks,
Rugby
Reviewed 19 March 2009

This was my 3rd stay at the Crown Plaza in Fairfield, so thought it was time I wrote a review. First impressions when you arrive outside is that it looks nothing special. The car park is large and is located at the side (where the main entrance is) and at the rear. I was in NJ on business, so wanted a functional hotel but near restaurants as I know how much these hotels can charge for food.

The main public areas are in the process of being refurbished, but there is no need to worry about noise. I never heard a thing whilst there. Reception is just off the main entrance, next to the combined restaurant and Bar. The welcome was very friendly, and there were warm cookies and fruit to take if you felt the need, plus complimentary coffee around the corner.

Being a Platinum Priority Club member, this was the 2nd time I received a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. Plus, as my son joined me this time, they gave me vouchers for complimentary breakfast for every day we were there, which was a great touch.

The room itself was really nice, with a king bed at one end, a corridor with wardrobe, coffee machine, fridge and at the other end a lounge area with sofabed. The desk has a connectivity centre including power, USB, Ethernet etc which was really handy. The bedroom had a CD Radio Alarm Clock and a complimentary 'relaxation pack' of linen scent, eye pads, ear plugs and a CD of relaxing music.

The bathroom was large, with an illuminated mirror and jacuzzi. A nice touch was a glow light plugged into a socket which means you can fin you way if you need to use the bathroom during the night (a great idea if you are still on UK time!)

The room also had 2 HD TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the lounge area, showing a large number of channels, with some in HD.

The only real downside I had with the hotel was the bar area. It is a little desk in the corner of the restaurant and very expensive. I was charge $6 for a bottle of beer! I didn't eat there in the evening, but looked at the menu and a steak was $22. There are eating places nearby. There's a Ruby Tuesday in the Willowbrook Mall next door (1/4 mile or so) and Houlihan's over the road (which cost me $65 for 2 meals including a glass of wine).

There is an indoor pool and gym, but I did not get time to use them, although they looked clean.

There are ice machines on each floor and vending on floor 5. There is also a business centre, free of charge to use, which is handy for checking into your return flight online.

There is also a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere within 5 miles, although I didn't use it as I had a hire car while I was there.

Overall, a nice clean, friendly hotel and I will stay there again for my next trip to NJ.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Istate75
New York
Reviewed 9 March 2009

The hotel is under renovations, however, do not be deceived by the outside. Our room on the 5th floor was beautifully appointed and sound proofed. Had special amenities that we had not yet seen in other hotels. The staff could not be more accomodating even sending up a meat and cheese platter to our room. We are platinum Holiday Inn members and frequently get special bonuses, however, this was special. Will stay there again next year when we return to NJ for an annual special event! Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
FairfieldCrowneplaza, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 27 March 2009
Thank you for your response as we pride ourselves in going above and beyond your normal hotel. I would like for you to know that we will be done with our renovation of the restaurant, lobby and lounge in late April and would be more than happy to meet with you and thank you.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I and my wife stayed at this hotel to spend new years eve in the city. Overall, the hotel is very clean. We had a very nice room with a king bed. The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable. The plasma tv and the incredible set of plugs on the desk (usb charging station, vga computer plug, rgb video plug, audio plug) were a very nice addition. The heater was controlled by a digital station on the wall, which allowed us to adjust exactly the temperature of the room. The bathroom was very clean, with adjustable shaving mirror. As we came in the room, we found on the bed a bottle of complimentary lavender spray for the linens, earplugs and a cd with relaxing tunes to help you sleep better! Oddly enough, there was no refrigerator in the room.

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, check in and check out were quick.

That was the good. Now with the bad.

Unfortunately the transportation system is not the best. The hotel provides a free shuttle which brings you everywhere in a 5 miles radius, which is a nice service. This includes a ride to the closest bus stop, in front of a mall. The shuttle rides until 10 in the night, which is not very useful. It takes from 1/2 an hour to over 1 hour to get to New York from the bus station and that means that you need to leave the city at around 9pm in order to catch the last shuttle back to the hotel. If you want to enjoy NY's night life, that's definitely a downside. We were there with the car and we were forced to use it, with all that comes from that. The last bus from NY leaves port authority at about 12am. The mall is actually not very far from the hotel (1/4 of a mile), but you need to walk on the side of US46, and it is not a very pleasant walk. It may be dangerous at night. It would be better if the shuttle service would ride (on call) until the time of the last bus from the city.

In conclusion, it is a great hotel as far as quality of service and comfort are concerned, but it is not a good choice if you want to go to the city at night unless you want to use your car.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — It is too far from the city
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Stayed here one night. Checkin was smooth, rooms are clean and quiet. . Desk staff was helpful, gym was very good. Houlihans and Target nearby.

Stayed October 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!