“This is a great place.”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Germantown, Maryland
“This is a great place.”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

This is just a great place to stay. I cannot say enough about the staff at the property, they are really friendly and helpful. There are two people in particular that stand out as exceptional. The first is Kate from the sales office, she overheard us talking about things to do in the area and she sat with us and gave us some recommendations and directions. The second is Al from the restaurant, he really makes you feel like you are home. Again, like Kate, he'll talk to you about things in the area and gave some advice on places to go and see. If we come back to the area, we'll be coming back to this hotels becuase of these two outstanding people. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My brother stayed in this hotel for his wedding in June 2008-I also stayed there and even got a free room because they forgot to call me for the wake up call. So I decided I would like to book my wedding night there. I called the wedding advisor Kate last week. I left a message and got no reply. So I called this week and was advised she wasn't in and if she didn't come in for the day the front desk would call me to let me know....no phone call. So my fiance called and was pretty angry but at least Kate finally answered her phone. I called back to retrieve more information and Kate did not answer again...I left another message but did not receive a call back. So I called again today and asked if I could speak with a manager and they transfer me to Kate and WOW she answered! She is lucky I was nice and then she had the nerve to say they charge $129 per room for a STANDARD room!!! And this does not include breakfast-that will be another $14.95 per person. It is outrageous and I really hope people are not throwing away their money like that. Instead, I will go to the Hampton Inn where they only charge $105 per person INCLUDING breakfast. I am a firm believer in COURTEOUS customer service. Perhaps they should hire a new wedding coordinator.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steph0224
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We spent a Friday and Saturday night at this facility. There was some initial confusion about our reservations at check-in, but this was resolved quickly with the help of a manager. The hotel was clean, rooms were large and comfortable, and service was good at the front desk, restaurant, and bar. It is very close to stores, restaurants, and expressway access. This hotel has become our #1 choice when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Pa
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel for wedding.. A group of rooms were blocked for the wedding, standard room, and junior suite. We decided to opt for the larger Family Suite which is the Presidential Suite. Stayed in room 530.
Check in- Extremely slow. Robert at the front desk appeared overwhelmed and confused. We paid in cash which should be an easy process but even this confused him and as expected he made an error, which the manager had to correct the following day.
Room- Very nice..We actually loved the room.. Would have liked a door separating the bedroom from the living area but it was still a nice room. Came complete with fridge, sink, and microwave in the living area.
Sleep- Not so good.. The bed at first feels comfortable but after an hour laying in it your back starts to hurt from the stiff mattress.. Linen appeared clean.Smells cleaned and was very warm and cozy..
Sleep Package- just a tiny satchel containing ear plugs, tiny spray bottle of lavender linen spray, and a sleep mask.. I had to call to request this even though it should have already been in the room upon arrival.
Amenities- Pool, nice and clean.. Gym- just ok..Equipment need dusting and repairing.. Lounges- classy and inviting... Parking- abundant... Restaurant- we dined in the Fairfield Ballroom for breakfast day after wedding and the food was bland, cold, and lacking.. Thankfully there was no additional charge for the breakfast.

Overall- Would stay here again...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was charged $12.49 for less than a minute to call home. Another time I was charged $15 per minute to call the exact same number. I was told they were "unfortunately" unable to take the charges off the bill because this is what AT&T charges them. When asked why the rate per minute is not posted anywhere in the room, they said each call is different so this could not be done. This does not make sense; I was charged different amounts to call the same number at the same time of day. They just bill you whatever they want for you to make a call that is less than 60 seconds, this should be illegal. As far as the rooms go, my room faced the back so I did not hear the noise of passing cars, the two flat screen TVs are nice if you have time to watch them. The food is horrible, I mean horrible and the rooms smell very musty, especially after it rains. The air conditioning was very loud, it kicks on several times within a few minutes and it sounds like someone is kicking in your door. This is a complaint that several people had in my group while staying here. There are plenty of other hotels that are nicer to stay at along 46, I would NOT stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Stayed one night in this hotel. Rate was great for the area, room was large. Mattresses are very stiff. Rooms are noisy - it is easy to hear people in the halls (they give you ear plugs and eye shades). We ate in their in-house restaurant and waited over 1 hour and 10 minutes for the food.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed in a 'Suite ' which had no door to the bedroom. I expect suites to have a door. The room is decorated nicely, the bed has nice linens and many pillows. The bathroom is large and there are big flatscreen TVs in the front room and bedroom. Everything was clean and in good repair. Room service sandwich was fast and delicious. The on-site restaurant is very good. The Heating/cooling system is very loud which is something I never noticed in my 30's or 40's but bothers me in my mid-50s.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!