“Nice Surprise”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to NYC with a tour group recently and stayed here for 3 nights last week. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel from the outset. It was very clean and neat. The rooms were large and well maintained. The breakfast, which was complimentary was outstanding with someone available each morning to prepare the eggs as desired. There were fresh rolls and other breads available as well. The staff was pleasant and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Needed to do some professional training in Fairfield. Stayed one night, had a pleasant experience. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Use small fitness center, which is adequate. Everything was as to be expected. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Best Western - again at it's best!

These guys are just awesome! I only say these words, when I am treated as an individual and Best Western exceeded my expectations. It's not only about friendly attentive service that is a key to success no matter how many stars you've got, but also smart options available for the needs of the customer. Having free shuttle service I was able to get to Crown Plaza for a seminar and back. Next day I had couple of hours to kill before going to the airport and free shuttle drove me to nearby Mall and came back for me after I was done with shopping. For the area of improvement I would poke on taxi service Best Western uses from the hotel to the Newark airport. The cost was $85 including all tips&road fees (that is $13 higher then a yellow cab, who is also a rip-off as yellow cab charges extra $5.50 if you don't pay cash - so be aware when you arrive to Newark) Once we got to the airport from Best Western and I was ready to pay, I saw taxi-driver punching-in $95 instead of $85. I was able to stop the transaction and driver said he needs to call his boss to figure out the actual amount. The boss on the phone replied $88.80 (are we playing lucky numbers here?). By talking to the boss myself, he said that tips and gas fee(?) was included but not a toll. Thank's god I had US data plan on my phone and my flight was delayed. I had time to call Best Western that solved my issue within a minute and final price went back to promised $85. And while I was dialling hotel reception on a Skype, driver said: "Common, it's just 3 dollars!" Yeah-right, can you imagine how much profit they can make on overcharging each customer $3? Just one cab will make extra $450 per month, considering it will serve 5 customers per day. (You do the rest of the math). So at the end I was very happy Best Western didn't let me down on this - again it shows how much they value their customer! I see they are going right direction by trying to offering their customers a safe travel by dealing with one particular company, but may be "Excellent Limousine & Livery" need a shake in order to be on Best Western taxi list. Another area of improvement would be bright lights for hotel front parking - I had to close curtains all the way to feel the night even being on a 4th floor. As of the Best Western Italian restaurant - 5 stars! Service and food are amazing! I've asked for a small cheese plater that wasn't on the menu and in minutes I've had an amazing variety of cheeses with a glass of Italian wine. Pasta with walnuts was great as well! Portions are huge - so choose wisely. Next time I will drive to New York - I will consider this hotel for a wise nearby stay!

Room Tip: It didn't bother me at all, but if you are a light sleeper - ask for a room that is not facing t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Room was very nice and clean. Bed very comfy. Breakfast was delicious with fresh bakery items and omelet station. Only small problem that the safe didn't work due to dead battery but since staying only one night not a big deal. We did mention on checkout for next guest.

Room Tip: Eat in their restaurant on Tuesday for half price pasta and wine bottles. Free loaf of Italian brea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here last week while working. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful, the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is a lot of parking even for tour buses! There is a nice little Italian bakery in the plaza next door and there are a few restaurants and a shopping center down Route 46 and Route 3 towards NYC.
The breakfast was good, the fact that they have 2 cooks making you omelets right in front of you was refreshing, most hotels in this hotels category serve up powdered eggs which I hate.
I was staying in the top floor and even though my room was facing route 46 the noise from the passing cars, trucks and buses couldn't be heard. The rooms were clean and in good condition, the bathroom was clean and well set. This is a good location for business travel. It isn't too far from NYC about 20 minutes to the Lincoln tunnel if there is no traffic.
The only bad thing I could say about it is if you're planning on using public transportation to NYC there is no train station around therefore the best method is by taking the Lakeland transit bus which passes right in front of the hotel on route 46 to port authority which I find it can take a pretty long time especially during rush hours and it costs $10.15 each way therefore it's sort of inconvenient when it comes to transportation to NYC. Other then that it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're using your GPS to get to this place and it's not coming up under Route 46 try ente...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The rooms are large, clean and I like the heating systems. Breakfast is very good with a large selection and variety. In addition, they are next to a bakery that has great pastries and breads. There are also a few places to eat in the same plaza. Overall I like this location and I stay here always when I am in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Definitely would recommend this hotel. Nice accommodations, friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast! Have stayed at this hotel for years...not your average Best Western at all. Very nice hotel all around!****

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn? Share your experiences!