“Impressive for the price!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Liverpool, NY
“Impressive for the price!”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Pleasantly surprise with this hotel. Located behind a Houlihans restaurant. Hard to see from main road (Rte 46) But there is an exit for Two Bridges Rd westbound on 46. Older property that has been recently redone. Rooms are not large but overall clean & functional.. Good service, attentive staff. Great free breakfast with eggs & waffles.. Huge indoor pool & hot tub for the kids. Very convenient to Interstate 80 towards NYC. Free wireless with good connection speeds. Overall great place especially since I only paid $50 with AAA. My only minor complaint was with the quality of TV picture.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Hotel is conveniently located on I-80 very near a bus stop that will take you to NYC Port Authority in 30 minutes. Pet friendly. Very pleased with the accommodations. Housekeeping staff could be a bit more attentive to some areas but I have found this to be true at most places I've stayed in the past few years (good help is hard to find!). Overall though, the room was clean and the price was GREAT! We very much enjoyed their beautiful, warm indoor pool! Good breakfast, free internet, no extra charge for pets, shopping nearby, close to NYC - we found this La Quinta property to be a GREAT deal!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
germany
Reviewed 7 June 2009

The rooms are ok - however, the maids do not really clean up. You cannot really see it because of the carpet and the tiles. The carpet is full of hairs of other people and if the maids come, they only make the bad and exchange the towels-that is what I have seen - I have been here now for 3 weeks and there are still the hairs of others!!! The people are very loud and although the staff knew, that I would be coming for a couple of weeks, they always put people next to me-being very loud (the hotel is not booked out!!!) and they put me right next to the ice and soft drinks machine and my window is right at the place where the people smoke outside!!. My company and I asked them not to put anyone next to me, they said yes-but everytime there are very loud people staying next to me-its always the same. My company asked for so many things and they always said yes and never did it. Every weekend they try to tell me that I have to check out because they have no booking-but this is not true! My company called them so many times, but its always the same. My collegue also told me, that there had been many problems ahead when she wanted to book the hotel-she asked so many time that they send her the paper for the firm's credit card-they did not-and when I was there, I asked for it and my company filled it out. On the other hand, they also wanted my credit card - and every weekend they charged my credit card - instead of the firm's one. It is every weekend the same- I am about to move to another hotel for the weeks. ah- and the key to the room : every three days I had to renew it and walk to the front desk. And as they do not really clean the carpet it stinks, too (thats how your feet will smell after walking barefoot)

the things why I was still staying: very convenient to highways, they have a pool, they have good towels, lots of parking, bathroomsize is good, TV, phone, fridge, microwave,

...anyways, its not a 4 or 5 star hotels but at least the essential service should function!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

West Paterson, NJ
Reviewed 25 February 2009

We have stayed there many, many times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The staff goes out of their way to help. Rada and Rick at the front desk are fantastic......

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Poinciana, FL
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Stayed there with my wife and kids while visiting my oldest son.
The location was good, right on Route 46 and close enough to I-80. The breakfast was good, not the greatest but decent enough to get you going in the mornings. The indoor pool was the best --- we really enjoyed it. The hotel was clean and safe. Our room was comfortable and enjoyable. The one thing that threw me off was the way the hotel seems to strech out, like multiple buildings, but aside from that hotel is good and accesible to lots of stuff. A Houlihans is right across the parking lot.

• Liked — Comfortable room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
NC
Reviewed 19 August 2007

My wife's #1 criteria when it comes to hotel searching is clean-ness. When I read the previous reviews of this hotel a lot of them complained abuot the dirty carpet and bathroom. Then the last review (Feb, 2007) complained about the remodelling noise.

Hmm... Remodeling noise?? So I took a chance. And very glad I did.

The room I stayed is clean, no stained carpets nor dirty bathtub. Not sure how many rooms were occupied when we were there but we were not disturbed by other guests at all.

My only complaint is that the AC fan in my room seems to be loud and we had trouble falling into sleep the first night. I got up and shut it off and slept well afterwards.

Breakfast offers scramble eggs, self-made waffles, bagels, toasts, and of course juice/milk/coffee/tea/cereal/fruites, etc.

Overall, not your 5-star hotel but it's satisfactory. With the $$$ I spent I consider it a good value. I am glad I chose this one.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I have stayed twice at this property while visiting the nearby Cedarcrest Senior Citizen center. The hotel is well located for people visiting or doing business in the area since it is adjacent to 2 majot highways but is far enough from them to be quiet.
Both times that I stayed there the reception was friendly and the rooms were clean and quiet. While the hotel does not have a restaurant, there is a good Mexican restaurant at the other end of the parking lot-I would recommend their Margaritas, which are only $2.50 at "Happy Hour". The breakfast is basic but well served.
The staff was very helpful in terms of getting me information on the bus the New York City, which stops within walking distance of the hotel and goes virtually non-stop into Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Overall, this hotel is a good value for the money in this area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Friendly staff. good location , clean rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
Thank Dr._Bob_4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
#5 of 5 in Fairfield
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!