“Tea House in Flemington”

Teaberry's Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Flemington
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Teaberry's serves both a full lunch and afternoon tea all day Tuesday through Sunday during normal business hours. We have a selection of excellent wines for purchase by the bottle. We specialize in private parties on site and also offer many unique and interesting events throughout the year. All our menu items are available for take-out. Teaberry's also caters offsite parties and offers complete consultation services for such events. Teaberry's was created in a lovingly restored Victorian home as a refuge from the outside world. Inside you will feel pampered as the atmosphere is relaxed yet elegant, cozy and never rushed. You have a selection of over 100 fine teas, brewed to perfection. Fresh flowers and linens adorn each table and the attentive wait staff will take excellent care of you. We believe it is enriching to add beauty and charm to the little details of our lives and at the same time it helps to slow us down as we appreciate the moment. Our gift shop is brimming with fun and fanciful surprises - many tea related - as well as gift certificates and all our loose leaf teas.
NJ
“Tea House in Flemington”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is delightful if you enjoy Victorian type decorations and good food, thoughtfully prepared. The eye candy abounds, fresh flowers and linens on the tables, sweet tea pots, different kinds of china, sugar cubes, etc. This week there was an upside down Christmas tree, inside the entrance, decorated to the hilt with flowers and dolls, very cute.

This place is popular so if you go at peek times the parking lot will be crowded and the downstairs will be a bit noisy. The old Victorian house is large, but not huge, and the tables are a bit close together for my liking. The upstairs seating is really pleasant, however, one should forgo this if there are issues with taking stairs. The railing is low and the stairwell is curved and steep.

This week my food was delicious, a veg sandwich with avocado, cheese and cucumber on whole grain bread with herbed butter/mayo. And mushroom and artichoke soup. I am a desert lover and only have them occasionally when we go out. I was looking forward to the frozen hot chocolate with whipped cream. This dish was presented beautifully, in a china cup with a doily.
When I dipped my spoon deep into it, alas, up came a few chunks of ice amidst the creamy chocolate. This ruined the effect. This was obviously run through a bender with ice and the result was less than satisfactory. Why bother with this type of dessert if it cannot be executed properly. The tea choices are astounding and all of them I tried were good.

Our waitress was a delight, and didn't even bat an eye when I clumsily spilled soup onto the table cloth. The service was attentive and done at an acceptable pace considering how busy it was at that time.

There is a nice gift shop across the parking lot.

This establishment is worth the trip, especially for out of town guests, birthdays, and other special occasions.

Flemington, New Jersey
“OMG - it you want TEA”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you're within 30 minutes and have 2 hours to devote - GO. This is a fabulous little place that REALLY understands TEA (not just the beverage, but the whole encounter). It's pricy, but well worth it. BEST for women, multigenerational gatherings, etc (doubt the men would be all that thrilled, but they WOULD like the food). It's expensive, and I usually don't have that kind of time, but I really do LOVE this place. I hope it stays around for YEARS. GO.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AJMPKG
Califon, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family tradition”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family makes Teaberry's a stop whenever we are all together for school breaks. We love going for afternoon tea and getting the most delicious scones you have ever tasted and trying new flavors of tea. There is a wide range of both teas and food, so there is something for everyone. Even my 18 year old brother likes to come with us! I highly recommend Teaberry's.

• Visited December 2013
NJ
“Lovely place for lunching with the ladies”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great meeting place for an upbeat, cheery lunch with the girls. We both enjoyed the Cherries Jubilee salad (balsamic chicken was cooked perfectly). Amazing assortment of teas - I had the hot peach tea. Shared a classic carrot cake for dessert. Wait service was very active and attentive. Couldn't really ask for more of an experience. Note there are several rooms on 2 floors - upstairs is quieter than downstairs - all rooms are charmingly appointed. Enjoy!

Somerset, New Jersey
“Best tea house - hands down”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've been a Teaberry's 'regular' for quite some time. I've visited a number of tea houses in NY, NJ, and Pa. and this is simply the best. The food and tea choices are outstanding; portions are satisfying. The staff is attentive and friendly. Ambiance is wonderful. The attention to detail is clearly recognizable. I've never felt rushed during a visit. I feel like family. A Teaberry's experience is worth your time.