Hampton Inn Flemington
US$171
Residence Inn
US$224
Hotels.com
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastfront deskroom was cleandiamond nationindoor poolconvenient locationthe breakfast arearecommend this hotelpancake housenice breakfastbaseball tournamenthot tubeasy accessoatmealfitness centercomfortable stayfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Such a pretty part of New Jersey. This hotel is easy to find, very friendly staff, nice breakfast.
I like Hampton Inn's as you know what to expect; clean and friendly accomodations and service.

So many restaurant options around, no one will go hungry. They have a Perkins Restaurant attached that accommodated our party of 20 with no problems.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family and I stay at Hampton Inns all the time because they are almost always, clean, pleasant, and updated. We stayed at this Hampton Inn on the last 3 days of a family vacation, and were very disappointed. We had just left a wonderful Hampton Inn in Virginia, so when we got to this one we were expecting a similar experience but we were let down. First of all when I made the reservation I was not told they were in the middle of renovations, that would have had an impact on my decision to stay there. There were constructions workers walking all over the hotel, which I found annoying. Also my rate at the Hampton Inn in Virginia was about $20 cheaper than this one and that hotel was much nicer. This one should have been cheaper, especially since they were in the midst of renovations they should have offered a discount on the rooms. And why would they do renovations in the middle of the summer travel season? Shouldn’t this stuff be done in the winter when travel is down?

There was only one elevator in the place, down the hall (not easy accessible in the lobby area) and it seemed like it was going to break at any minute. The rooms were small and disappointing. There were no closets so instead they cram a armoire into the room making there even less space to move around. There was a small table and chairs (old looking) crammed into the room too. At the other Hampton Inn there was a lovely large cherry desk with a large leather computer chair, which I loved. The bathrooms were very small and needed updating and cleaning. The bathrooms are at a weird angle too, like built into the corner. There was no counter space. The bathtub had black mold in spots and a hair in the tub when we first arrived. Also the shower curtains would NOT CLOSE!! The shower curtain rod was slanted at an angle toward the middle, so the curtain would not stay in place at the ends and fall into the middle, thus letting water leak out of the sides when you showered. So when you got out the floor was covered with water. NOT FUN. Very disappointed with this Hampton Inn.

2  Thank Sarah M
Joann E, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Blake A,

Thank you for writing a review of our property after your recent stay. We are very sorry for the experience that you had with us while we are remodeling. We do appreciate all of your comments as we do use them in an effort to better our community. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a tube that didnt let the water go down. I had beds not maid. I had a room that smelled. The res department told me differnt then the hotel office. I was never even compansaded or even told about it. The trash wasnt removed. The hall ways where clean and the elivator worked good. The ac worked good also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Joann E, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet the cleanliness standards that you deserve. Your review will be taken into consideration as we are continuously working to improve our property. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are back in the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel seems to be a weekend stop for kids sports teams. Spent a Friday and Saturday night there. Noisy both nights with loud parents partying and kids running up and down the halls till 1am. There are not many other choices in this area unfortunuately. Lobby is closed for remodeling.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Joann E, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways/neighboring guests. I have shared you review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is in the midst of an upgrade. The room smelled very musty when we entered. The staff fixed that fast. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was fine. The rugs throughout the hotel needs to be replaced. Breakfast was served in a conference room, it was easy to move about, and the breakfast was fine. The woman at the front desk was helpful and told us that the senior rate was better than the AAA rate that we requested.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor until construction is complete
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple