Travel Inn & Suites
US$206
US$159
Residence Inn
US$224
All reviewsking suitemicrowave and coffee makerthe room was exceptionally cleaninexpensive place to stayshort noticecomfortable placefree breakfastbed was very comfortablevisiting familyone night staynext morningstay there againnew jerseyremodeledmotelamenitieswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. I travel a lot for business and need to be on a budget. I was worried as some reviews of this property were not great. The property does not look like much from the outside and the gentleman who checked me in will win no awards for customer service. My room was spotlessly clean with new carpeting. It was old and dated and somewhat dark, but the WIFI was spot on and it was quiet. I stayed a Monday through Thursday and yes there do seem to be people who live there but no noise. The restaurant next door makes an amazing Spinach and Ricotta Pizza and the menu looked very good there. I would stay here again when I travel back to the area.

Room Tip: Room 5 was clean and new carpet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed for several days while working in the area. Price was great! About half that of other hotels in the area. If you are staying multiple nights, ask for a discount.
The hotel is dated, but paint is fresh and room clean. Towels and linens are definitely not luxury class, but not stained or worn. Bathrooms are straight out of the 70s, but everything works. Furnishings are not new, but in good repair. If you need a fitness center, swimming pool, or free breakfast, this is not the place for you.

Majority of the staff speaks very little English, but if you're persistent they will find someone who can. I think it's a family-owned business--no problem communicating with the younger staff.

Cons:
--When the staff comes to clean the room, they want to do it now! They won't come back later.
--Parking lot is not always cleared in a timely manner during snowstorms, but they do take care of the walkways very quickly.

Pros:
--Wonderful restaurant on-site. Great take-out pizza. More than makes up for the hotel deficiencies.
--Price!!!!
--Good-sized rooms, lots of space. Microwave and fridge. Iron. Blow dryer.
--Excellent heating and A/C. Better than you'd expect for an older hotel. No drafts. The windows open (always a plus for me!).
--Private and quiet. About half the residents are permanent or extended stay. No parties. No loud noises.

Room Tip: Get a second-floor room in the back. Includes a balcony. Quiet, very little traffic noise. Close parking. Private, door looks out into a field of trees.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank here a
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Warning! Pay very close attention the the other reviews! Sadly I too chose this hotel for the price. Once I arrived and entered the room I was overcome by a horrible smell. I briefly looked at the room and it was old, worn, missing paint, flooring was worn, the towels were merely rags, the linens were something I would be ashamed to sell in a garage sale. The staff speaks poor english, some speak none. Every surface building needs paint and cleaning. The parking lot needs resurfacing. The drive access required you to drive 1.5 mile past the hotel and then u-turn on the highway to double back. Zero amenities are offered at the hotel. It is not located near any dining or shopping except the Italian joint that is next door (very good by the way!). Did I mention the smell?

Room Tip: Any reputable hotel would be proud to show you the room first, and will be happy to explain all the amenities they offer. If they seem dodgy about this, something is fishy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank RamblingMan123
Reviewed 16 August 2013

On a recent trip through New Jersey on our way to Virginia, my wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Flemington, NJ. It was almost midnight, rain was threatening and we weren't going to pay the $171 for a room quoted us at the Holiday Inn Express in Branchburg, just up the road from Flemington. We called the Travel Inn & Suites and were told the room with a king size bed would be $65. Not bad. The room was huge, with a king size bed, decent TV, a refrigerator, microwave, sitting area equipped with sleeper couch and cozy chair. The bathroom was dated but was reasonably clean and functional. All was well until we hit the bed. There was used chewing gum stuck on the headboard of the bed and the bed linens were terribly musty. This is the stinkiest bed we ever tried to sleep in. It wasn't at all clear to us that any laundering was done between guests. So, you get what you pay for. We will probably look for an alternative next time through Flemington.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have booked this room for the price. We arrive at the hotel at 11PM after 6 flags NJ, 2 adults, and 2 kids. Well this hotel is old fashion; everything was old, the bed sheets, the shower curtain, tv walls... The room smelled very bad and the bed sheets looked and were dirty and very very old. Unless they make any renovation to the rooms and change the cleaning staff, I would not return there ever. Spend an extra 20$ and stay at the Days inn or any other. I hope the owner will read this and take action. Hope this help.
Jean

Room Tip: Go at your own risk.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family