“Gem in Flemington”

Village Gyro
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough good stuff about Village Gyro!!! The food is so authentic and fresh and delicious!! And the service is great!! Such friendly people!! Haven't been disappointed yet, and we've been there a lot!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have been wanting to write a review of Village Gyro for some time. We have gotten take out here maybe a dozen times and I've eaten here twice and each time the food is consistently tasty with large portions. The lamb gyros are about the best I've ever had with tender and tasty meat and Tzatziki sauce- one gyro can serve two. We usually get the mixed platter (Hommous, Baba Ganooj, a creamy potato mixture, one other salad and either two delicious meatballs or falafels and that is definitely enough for two people or two meals and then some. It comes with warm fresh pita.. Each time the falafel was moist and tasty - not an easy find these days. The Mousaka was probably one of the best we've had - very smooth and full of flavor and comes with a small very fresh greek salad. Taramosolata was tasty, generous portion with fresh pita, Finally, we've tried several desserts and all have been excellent including a farina cake, some cookies with anise, baklava, and Galaktoboureko (had to look up the spelling but well worth the price). The soothing Greek music and the shelves with many imported Greek foods is an additional bonus. And we don't have to drive to NYC to get great Greek food anymore!

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic Greek food European style, this is the best in the area.
Recommend the taramasalata, gyros and souvlaki
Try the rice pudding for dessert

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I lived most of my adult life in and around Chicago. Greek Town, just west of the Chicago Loop, was started over 60 years ago in a Greek grocery called Dianna's. They put up a few tables in the back and mom started serving lunch to a few lucky patrons each day. Soon the lines streched out the door. Now Greek Town streches for blocks and has dozens of Greek restaurants, all because of the few tables set up in the back of Dianna's.

Village Gyro is that type of place. The food is authentic (I should know, I'm 100% Greek) and delicious. Everyone is friendly and the happy to see you. And if you need Greek cheeses, olives, sardines, coffee, macaroni noodles for pastitsio, etc. they've got it. I couldn't be happier to find Village Gyro in Flemington -- which by the way is a wonderful town but it lacks some of the ethnic and culinary diversity I grew accustomed to in Chicago. Village Gyro is helping to close the ethnic diversity gap.

1  Thank GaryGreek
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Great gyros, falafels are very good. Friendly and knowledgeable service, generous portions made to order. Wonderful desserts. Cute dining corner of the shop.