“Paradise on earth”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Irvington, New Jersey
“Paradise on earth”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I took my wife to Hamilton park hotel for her birthday, she loved it and enjoyed every moment of it. The food was excellent too. I am already planning to return before Christmas. Overall, we had a good time.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cootchill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Oceanport, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Got a great deal on Living Social for a one nite weekend stay so my husband and I decided to visit the Morristown area this weekend. I think because it was on a special we got one of the less desirable rooms. It would have have been fine for a single traveler but it was too small for a couple. There was literally about 6 inches of space between the king bed and wall that my husband had to make his way through---can't imagine how someone who isn't tall and thin could possibly make it! The room was very clean, keurig coffee a nice touch, but decor seemed a little dated. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and courteous---we enjoyed a drink by the firepit outside and a very nice buffet breakfast.

The pictures and descriptions of the rooms you see on website make it seem like all rooms are nice and big, but all the rear facing rooms aren't. So, if you require a bit a space, make sure you don't book one of those rooms!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hamilton Park Hotel, as well as taking advantage of our Living Social offer! We do hope that you had an enjoyable visit to Morristown and the Morris County area. I wanted to assure you that our Living Social guests are not given a less desirable room than someone who booked through our own reservation system. The reserved guest rooms are dispersed to the guests as they arrive and as they become available after our housekeeping staff has refreshed them. I apologize that you did find your guest room to be a bit tight and we would be more than happy to reserve a different room for you if you ever do choose to stay with us, again. Thank you very much for the rest of your kind comments, I will be sure to pass them on to our staff.

Thanks!

new york
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My family and I have been here before about a year ago. We just stayed overnight again on September 7th and it couldn't have been better. We checked in about 3 o'clock and they gave us a room right away. We (my 15 year old son, 11 year old son and my husband and I) dropped our stuff in our room and ran down to go into the pool and whirlpool. They are both extremely clean and perfect temperature. The jets in the whirlpool are plentiful and inviting. My 15 year old opted to work on the treadmill in the fitness room and loved it. It's a large room with many pieces of exercise equipment. We already booked another weekend stay to go see my son play football at FDU nearby and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is super clean, very friendly and just a perfect place all around. I have never eaten in their restaurant so I can't really comment on that but I am sure it's run just as well as the hotel. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try to enjoy the pool...the indoor and outdoor pool are so relaxing. You won't regret it
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Amtrak,

It is great to see that you had chosen to stay with us while going to see your son play football at Fairleigh Dickinson University! Go Devils! As a neighbor to FDU, we throroughly enjoy seeing parents and alumni choose Hamilton Park Hotel to visit their alma mater or their children that are away at school. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, again. Your input is always appreciated and I will be sure to pass on the nice comments regarding our fitness center to the staff who operates it. We do invite you to enjoy a dining outlet the next time you are on property...Vanderbilt's Sports & Spirits is perfect dining for after a beautiful fall football game on campus!

Thank you and please choose us again!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been in New Jersey on business lately and this is the best hotel of about 8 that I have stayed at. It's clean, quiet and well maintained. There is a huge sports bar in the hotel that is very convenient. They have a huge exercise facility and a great outdoor lap pool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
ReluctantTravlr,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Hamilton Park. We work very diligently on presenting an attractive product to business travelers, such as yourself, and we are pleased to have read that you did enjoy your experience. The amenities we offer and the outlets we operate are always very conscious of the specific need's of our business travelers and we do try to make your time away from home as comfortable as possible. Please consider Hamilton Park Hotel again when you are in Morris County, NJ and we will be happy to match our service from your previous stay.

Forest Hills, NY
Reviewed 27 August 2012

In every way, it would be hard to find a better facility for a group. Our rooms, meeting space with snacks provided outside that room, , the meals were superb. The staff throughout the faciloity were outstanding.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms seemed good.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Maureen,

We are excited to hear that you found our conference facilities to be superb! We have worked extremely hard to become a top notch conference center and I believe our product speaks for itself, but our customer's satisfaction is the only gauge we use to measure our success. Please think of Hamilton Park Hotel, again, for all of your off-site meeting needs.

Thanks!
Passaic County
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed here for one night with the kids for an overnight getaway while renovations were done to my house. I was very pleased! Staff was friendly and accessible in all areas willing to offer assistance.The rooms were very clean, with all necessities at your finger tips (iron, ironing board, blow dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator, even his and hers robes!). Room service was speedy. Indoor/outdoor pools were well maintained, as well as the hot tub. Dining at the restaurants were reasonable and the food was tasty. Beds were pillow top, with down bedding and pillows. Grounds were well maintained. I was very pleased with my stay. Location was not in a high traffic area, but accessible. Overall I'd say we had a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon M
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to leave such complimentary comments on our Trip Advisor page. Our Hamilton Park staff sincerely appreciates the recognition for their tireless efforts. We will continue to strive to make each and every guest's stay as comfortable as we possibly can. We hope that your renovations went well at your home! Please think of us again in the future and please let us know what we can do to make your next stay as positive as the last!
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed here after a wedding at The Park Avenue Club. Shuttle service was very helpful/convenient. The hotel has a great environmental initiative, but this results in the rooms being very stuffy and hot in the summer. The air conditioning units have some kind of restrictors on them, so the rooms do not adequately cool off. We woke up several times during the night because we were too hot to sleep. This was a common complaint among the other wedding guests as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at Hamilton Park. We take each review into consideration and I wanted to assure you that we have investigated the AC unit problem you seemed to be challenged with while staying with us.

We do not have any restrictors on our units. While we are extremely conscious of the environment and will continually work towards becoming as energy efficient as possible, we will not sacrifice guest comfort. If you are in Morris County again and do choose to stay at Hamilton Park, please address any issues to our staff at the front desk and they will assist you immediately, no matter the time of day. Guest comfort and satisfaction is and always will be our main priority.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!