“Not worth the price”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Morristown, New Jersey
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Staying here now and am so turned off by the staff that I decided to write this review. We are staying here because of the hurricane so we asked about extended checkout time. The ladies at the front desk scoffed at us and said 1 or we will be charged. The time was understandable but the attitude wasn't. Also, I am surprised after paying so much that there isn't a complimentary breakfast or even coffee. Yes, the k-cups in the room are a nice touch but most hotels have more coffee at the front desk or lobby if you need more. We went to he restaurant downstairs and again were given an attitude by the hostess. The waiter on the other hand was very nice and explained the pricing and lack of hot food items (conservation due to the storm).

As I stated in the beginning...expected better service for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Went to Hamilton Park for a business conference and it was a great experience. The queen size beds were extremely comfortable.The little puffy pillows were also surprisingly comfortable.The lunhes were tables and tables of food-hot buffet,cold buffet,salad buffet, and a desert buffet.
Enjoyed everyay of the conference.Hope we go there again.

Room Tip: Make a request. We requested 2 queen size beds and a quiet location away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Very relaxing experience! Hotel staff very engaging and friendly. Would highly recommend. Got a great deal on Living Social. Late checkout, complementary drink and complementary breakfast. My husband and I wanted a hotel near the Paper Mill Playhouse and were happy we chose Hamilton Park Hotel. Vanderbilt Bar & Grill was a fun place to be. Great food great atmosphere.Breakfast was delicious and great variety of food for everyone. Coming back soon!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I took my wife to Hamilton park hotel for her birthday, she loved it and enjoyed every moment of it. The food was excellent too. I am already planning to return before Christmas. Overall, we had a good time.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cootchill
Oceanport, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Got a great deal on Living Social for a one nite weekend stay so my husband and I decided to visit the Morristown area this weekend. I think because it was on a special we got one of the less desirable rooms. It would have have been fine for a single traveler but it was too small for a couple. There was literally about 6 inches of space between the king bed and wall that my husband had to make his way through---can't imagine how someone who isn't tall and thin could possibly make it! The room was very clean, keurig coffee a nice touch, but decor seemed a little dated. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and courteous---we enjoyed a drink by the firepit outside and a very nice buffet breakfast.

The pictures and descriptions of the rooms you see on website make it seem like all rooms are nice and big, but all the rear facing rooms aren't. So, if you require a bit a space, make sure you don't book one of those rooms!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hamilton Park Hotel, as well as taking advantage of our Living Social offer! We do hope that you had an enjoyable visit to Morristown and the Morris County area. I wanted to assure you that our Living Social guests are not given a less desirable room than someone who booked through our own reservation system. The reserved guest rooms are dispersed to the guests as they arrive and as they become available after our housekeeping staff has refreshed them. I apologize that you did find your guest room to be a bit tight and we would be more than happy to reserve a different room for you if you ever do choose to stay with us, again. Thank you very much for the rest of your kind comments, I will be sure to pass them on to our staff.

Thanks!

new york
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My family and I have been here before about a year ago. We just stayed overnight again on September 7th and it couldn't have been better. We checked in about 3 o'clock and they gave us a room right away. We (my 15 year old son, 11 year old son and my husband and I) dropped our stuff in our room and ran down to go into the pool and whirlpool. They are both extremely clean and perfect temperature. The jets in the whirlpool are plentiful and inviting. My 15 year old opted to work on the treadmill in the fitness room and loved it. It's a large room with many pieces of exercise equipment. We already booked another weekend stay to go see my son play football at FDU nearby and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is super clean, very friendly and just a perfect place all around. I have never eaten in their restaurant so I can't really comment on that but I am sure it's run just as well as the hotel. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try to enjoy the pool...the indoor and outdoor pool are so relaxing. You won't regret it
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Amtrak,

It is great to see that you had chosen to stay with us while going to see your son play football at Fairleigh Dickinson University! Go Devils! As a neighbor to FDU, we throroughly enjoy seeing parents and alumni choose Hamilton Park Hotel to visit their alma mater or their children that are away at school. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, again. Your input is always appreciated and I will be sure to pass on the nice comments regarding our fitness center to the staff who operates it. We do invite you to enjoy a dining outlet the next time you are on property...Vanderbilt's Sports & Spirits is perfect dining for after a beautiful fall football game on campus!

Thank you and please choose us again!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been in New Jersey on business lately and this is the best hotel of about 8 that I have stayed at. It's clean, quiet and well maintained. There is a huge sports bar in the hotel that is very convenient. They have a huge exercise facility and a great outdoor lap pool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
ReluctantTravlr,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Hamilton Park. We work very diligently on presenting an attractive product to business travelers, such as yourself, and we are pleased to have read that you did enjoy your experience. The amenities we offer and the outlets we operate are always very conscious of the specific need's of our business travelers and we do try to make your time away from home as comfortable as possible. Please consider Hamilton Park Hotel again when you are in Morris County, NJ and we will be happy to match our service from your previous stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!